GT5 Racing Wheel's Degree of turning

  • Thread starter Thread starter gatorsrule850
  • 12 comments
  • 2,467 views
Messages
5
Messages
gatorsrule850
DOES anyone know how the heck, can we do something about the turning of degree on gt5? im tired of having to do 360 degrees of turning just for in game to only think i did 90. In real-life you do not see real drivers spinning their wheel 2 times just to turn, no you only see them do 360 at most a can't times. Why can't gt5 be like this? so much for a driving simulator, cant even control your own degree of turning how stupid!! that's why this game needs constant updates, because of dumb stuff like this they leave out...EF you PD....
 
Either your wheel is broken or you are over-turning the wheel massively. This is not a problem GT5 has. If your front tyres are red on the indicator, you are turning wayyyy to far.
 
DOES anyone know how the heck, can we do something about the turning of degree on gt5? im tired of having to do 360 degrees of turning just for in game to only think i did 90. In real-life you do not see real drivers spinning their wheel 2 times just to turn, no you only see them do 360 at most a can't times. Why can't gt5 be like this? so much for a driving simulator, cant even control your own degree of turning how stupid!! that's why this game needs constant updates, because of dumb stuff like this they leave out...EF you PD....

Can you change the degree of steering in your road car? I can't...
 
Can you change the degree of steering in your road car? I can't...
Does a formula 1 have 900-degree wheel rotation?

I'm grateful for G27 compatibility but I really wish I could change how many degrees the wheel turns. It would help with the way I drive and would make it easier to drift.
 
I don't understand..... can't you adjust the steering sensitivity for the same effect? Via that you can make the in game steering wheel turn faster or slower than the wheel your hands are on.
 
You can change the force feedback but you can't change how far the wheel goes lock to lock. My wheel turns 900 degrees lock to lock which is 2 1/2 turns. If I had the option to change that to 360 degrees the wheels would turn quicker making it easier to recover from being too aggressive, easier to recover from spins and making it easier to drift. In those situations a ds3 will win every time over a wheel.
 
Well yeah, but what I'm saying is that you can crank up the sensitivity so the wheels turn more for every degree you turn the wheel. Basically the same effect as what you want.... unless you've already got that setting cranked.

....and maybe I'm wrong... because I mainly use that setting for fine tuning so I never have to cross over my arms on courses with tight corners. I've not messed around with drifting much.
 
It's been a while since I've been in the settings so I'm not sure about what the sensitivity does. If it's the setting above steering assist I think I have it set very low because I drive dirty races at Daytona for at least 3 hours a night and I don't have a proper wheel stand. It's easier on my arms and wrists. I was thinking that it controlled the force feedback and not the steering degree. I'll have another look at the options when I race later tonight.
 
I think it's at the very bottom of the list, under all the assist adjustments and ABS. I'm pretty sure it's an adjustment for steering sensitivity because it affects how quickly the front wheels respond to steering input. I tend to turn it down on broad tracks for stability and turn it up on tight tracks to get the car to change directions with less physical effort.

Give it a try and see if that helps at all.
 
When I first got my wheel this was my major gripe but you definitley dont need to turn the wheel that far in any race unless you crash. Just a small adjustment will put you in the right direction. Even at the worst hairpin I dont need to go anywhere near full lock. Saying that it would be nice to make it even easier to use by making it adjustable.
 
I put my gift DFGT Wheel in the Storage room and its gonna stay there ...

STUPID 900degree crap.

If u turn wheel 90degrees the game wheel turns about 40degrees ...
(race cars)

I WANNA RACE not play the wheel in the car goes round and round and nothing happens.
u cant make a tight hairpin whitout having to turn your wheel like 7000degrees.
Make it 200degree simulation with sofware ... who cares if it goes 900 mechanical.
 
I put my gift DFGT Wheel in the Storage room and its gonna stay there ...

STUPID 900degree crap.

If u turn wheel 90degrees the game wheel turns about 40degrees ...
(race cars)

I WANNA RACE not play the wheel in the car goes round and round and nothing happens.
u cant make a tight hairpin whitout having to turn your wheel like 7000degrees.
Make it 200degree simulation with sofware ... who cares if it goes 900 mechanical.

You're doing it wrong.
Like berty said:

Even at the worst hairpin I dont need to go anywhere near full lock.

I use a DFGT as well and thought it was the wheel's fault (i.e. 900 degrees) that I couldn't recover from the back stepping out. I was wrong.
Turns out, with enough practice you can recover by just reacting quick enough.

As for tight corners or hairpins - I never need to go hand-over-hand to make any turn; not even the hairpins in Monaco or Eiger.

Just get your DFGT out again and practice.
 
DOES anyone know how the heck, can we do something about the turning of degree on gt5? im tired of having to do 360 degrees of turning just for in game to only think i did 90. In real-life you do not see real drivers spinning their wheel 2 times just to turn, no you only see them do 360 at most a can't times. Why can't gt5 be like this? so much for a driving simulator, cant even control your own degree of turning how stupid!! that's why this game needs constant updates, because of dumb stuff like this they leave out...EF you PD....

Reading these other posts makes me think it's just a matter of turning up the sensitivity of your steering and good old fashioned practice. Slamming PD for this before you get the facts (ie, solution to the problem) seems pretty childish to me.
 
Back