GT5 run for the first time. How much GB of updates to be downloaded?

  • Thread starter Thread starter helgso
  • 16 comments
  • 4,641 views
Messages
69
Iceland
Iceland
Messages
Helgso
I borrowed GT5 from my friend and am going to run it for the first time on my PS3. I would like to know:

1. In total, how many GB of updates will I have to download to be able to play the game with latest updates
2. How much GB of free optional content is available to download (if any)

Thanks!
 
Last edited:
Updates I'm guessing is a couple GBs, installing to your PS3 is something massive like 8.
 
I borrowed GT5 from my friend and am going to run it for the first time on my PS3. I would like to know:

1. In total, how many GB of updates will I have to download to be able to play the game with latest updates
2. How much GB of free optional content is available to download (if any)

Thanks!

1. About 2, I think.
2. None, all the DLC is Paid only.
 
Thanks for the replies. I believe it's possible to select whether or not to fully install GT5 on the PS3. If I decide not to fully install GT5 on my PS3, what happens? I get longer loading times, how much longer and what else?

Also, not fully installing GT5 takes up how much GB?
 
Not fully installing but adding all updates will be more than 2gb. ;)

Load times will be a bit longer but to be honest, if it's not your game and you only have it for a while there is not much point.

I think it says fully installing takes 50 minutes but in reality it only took about 10 for me :)
 
The total updates are just over 2.5gb, I did the math a few days ago and it was something like 2561mb. The only optional content at this point is the DLC which you have to buy, but the download is already included in the v2.0 update, when you buy the DLC it just unlocks the content
 
Just my .02, but don't install game to HDD. I had done this on my old PS3, but when i went to a slim I opted not to & their is really no difference in load times. The game slowly installs itself onto your system no matter what you do through play.
 
Just my .02, but don't install game to HDD. I had done this on my old PS3, but when i went to a slim I opted not to & their is really no difference in load times. The game slowly installs itself onto your system no matter what you do through play.

You are on crack if you think loading times are the same installed or not.
 
You are on crack if you think loading times are the same installed or not.


Must be some pretty damn good crack, cause even friends were surprised that
loading times weren't that much longer. But hey what the hell do I know I've only played the game with and without doing the install.:dunce

On a side not, maybe ot was that I was running on a launch fattie with full install, and on a new slim w/out install.
 
1) 608 MB = 1.05
2) 301 MB = 1.06
3) 47 MB = 1.07
4) 1763 KB = 1.08
5) 48 MB = 1.09
6) 380 MB = 1.10
7) 62 MB = 1.11
8) 13 MB = 1.12
9) 1149 KB = 1.13
10) 1192 MB = 2.00
11) 112 MB = 2.01

About 2.7GB.
 
I have DLC and my game data is 11GB!!!
 
You did the ingame install.
 
I downloaded the .pkg update files for GT5 on my PC. It's true, in total they are about 2.7 GB. Now, how do I install these GT5 retail update .pkg files on my PS3?

EDIT: I found this site with instructions: http://www.ehow.com/how_7663730_download-ps3-game-updates-pc.html .

I'm going to try it out. (It shows how to let the PS3 "download" the .pkg files from a PC and install them)
 
Last edited:
I have come to the conclusion that it is impossible to install the update files for GT5 I downloaded on my PC on the PS3. The only way to do that is to jailbreak my PS3 which I am not going to do.

It is a shame that I have the 2,7 GBs ready for the PS3 to install when it won't accept the files since it didn't download those exact same files on it's own. Do'h!

I just wasted my bandwith xD
 
Last edited:
Grayfox
1) 608 MB = 1.05
2) 301 MB = 1.06
3) 47 MB = 1.07
4) 1763 KB = 1.08
5) 48 MB = 1.09
6) 380 MB = 1.10
7) 62 MB = 1.11
8) 13 MB = 1.12
9) 1149 KB = 1.13
10) 1192 MB = 2.00
11) 112 MB = 2.01

About 2.7GB.

You forgot the download time update 8GB.
 
You forgot the download time update 8GB.

That is installed from the bluray disc with the option "install game data".
 
Just started playing the game now and have been playing it the last half an hour. I must say, I'm addicted.

The mix of menu music with stylish design is really top notch. The graphics are great!
 
Back