GT5 save features

  • Thread starter Thread starter mortenmt
  • 6 comments
  • 1,546 views
Messages
30
Messages
MortenMT
I'm p'ed off right now..

Just did the best Formula GT championship where i even won Côte d'Azur with almost 6 seconds. I get to the last race on Suzuka and my stupid PS3 gets stuck just as the loadbar reaches full in the loadscreen..

All XP, cash and my level up to level 30, gone.. 2½ hours gone.. :banghead:

Would it kill PD to make and autosave and resume feature in a championship? Geez..
 
No, that would be a sensible thing. It absolutely has to be as user-unfriendly as possible. ;)

It's one of the reasons I haven't started this championship yet, need about 3 hours of spare time in one go to finish it...
 
Polyphony is working on an in-race save feature, but I don't know if you'll be able to save in between races in the championship like you were allowed to in previous GT games. I know in the 4th installment you were allowed to leave a championship, get an oil change, car wash etc., save your game, do more practice setups, and come back to the championship provided you did not do any other race in any series.

The game would warn you if you were about to do something that would void your entry in the current championship. Also, if you saved in between races, shut off your system, then came back later, the game woud prompt you to rejoin the championship series.
 
twice, my bathroom tripped the reset electrical outlet when turning off the bathroom fan, 3 hrs left in the 24h Nur. I know, don't ask why it's connected there.
 
Polyphony is working on an in-race save feature....

It takes Polyphony three hours to turn on the lights in the building whenever they go in to work at about 3:45 PM. Obviously 3:45 is a bit late for them to be going to work, but that's a result of it taking them all day just to drag themselves in there. They spend four hours on lunch break. When Kaz crawls to the restroom to have a movement, he's on the toilet for more than two hours. I'll be playing Forza Motorsport 4 by the time they finally get in-race saves going for GT5.

...but I don't know if you'll be able to save in between races in the championship like you were allowed to in previous GT games.

No. That would make to much friggin' sense.

Obviously we must all live in a perfect world wherein we all have several consecutive hours to sit in front of our televisions running endurance races and three-hour championships. In this perfect world nothing ever goes wrong, like the power blinking out during a storm or a circuit breaker tripping. Small family emergencies and other issues of immediate concern never arise to halt our progress through several-hour events. It should be no problem for any player to sit through a three-hour championship or nine, twelve, and even twenty-four-hour races. We don't need to stop and rest or anything during those endurance races, either, but rather we're all perfectly capable of doing what real-world endurance drivers never have to do.

DP will finally allow us to save during championships... by summer 2012.
 
NLxAROSA
No, that would be a sensible thing. It absolutely has to be as user-unfriendly as possible. ;)

It's one of the reasons I haven't started this championship yet, need about 3 hours of spare time in one go to finish it...

This championship is downright GRUELING. White knuckle the whole time. I would do the 9 hour Tsukuba before I did this one again. You'll need over 5 hours actually, to run them all that is.
 
Yeah the FGT championship is a brutal one. Takes about 35 minutes a race. If you have enough points though you can skip they last race.
 
Back