GT5 Screen Freeze

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kaos112
  • 8 comments
  • 1,594 views
Messages
15
Messages
Kaos112
Hello,

I have been playing GT5 with no problems up until i installed the latest patch 1.10 and now the game crashes when moving through the menu's. The screen freezes with the last image on screen and i have to reboot the PS3 everytime. Has anyone got any ideas on how to fix this or is it a sony issue which i will have to wait to be patched out. I have installed the optional PS3 firmware 3.65 in an attempt to fix but still no joy. Any ideas, Thanks in advance :)

Kaos
 
This hasn't happened to me until today, i got the GT5 logo and it froze there, 3 times - it also seems to be slower through the menu's.
 
I got it evry 1th time i leave the lobby
 
Yes mine freezes online alot ever since latest update, while im looking through my cars or if another player is just coming out on track & when leaving a room, it sometimes kicks back into life.
 
Do you have user bgm on if so turn it of I did a reload of game data (not game save data) and then switched user BGM off and haven't had a problem since
 
Bfc_1882
Do you have user bgm on if so turn it of I did a reload of game data (not game save data) and then switched user BGM off and haven't had a problem since

I will give that a try, thanks
 
And yes i have user bgm on. I will have a go and see what happens.
 
I've got this a lot, but only online. This afternoon I was hosting a race and I tried to change the cars we were driving, it took me 10+ minutes because if I pressed x it took a minute for the ps3 to react. Could race, tracks changed etc. but leaving or picking a car from the online garage takes multiple minutes, which is really annoying.
User bgm is off, version 1.10, connection bandwith is high, nat type 3. It looks as if it's laser/harddisk related because just like with Kaos it only happens in menu's where the playstation is supposed to load something from the disc or drive.
 
S2kdrifter
I've got this a lot, but only online. This afternoon I was hosting a race and I tried to change the cars we were driving, it took me 10+ minutes because if I pressed x it took a minute for the ps3 to react. Could race, tracks changed etc. but leaving or picking a car from the online garage takes multiple minutes, which is really annoying.
User bgm is off, version 1.10, connection bandwith is high, nat type 3. It looks as if it's laser/harddisk related because just like with Kaos it only happens in menu's where the playstation is supposed to load something from the disc or drive.

I have that exact same problem, online is a nightmare at loading before, during and after races. Also have the loading problem in the UCD and the car garage.
 
Back