GT5/Shift2 - new to Forza 3

• Thread starter bmwisme
  • 6 comments
United States
Germantown, WI USA
bmw2sq
Not a whole lot of activity here... looking for any suggestions on setting up the standard controller for Forza3. I don't have any problems with the slower cars but the control is SO TWITCHING on the fast rides I have tried.

Note: Picked up Forza because it was cheap and I love driving/racing. Most of my track time is with the PS3 version of Shift 2 but also GT5 and now Forza for something different.

Also, I won't be picking up another wheel (DFGT on PS3) for the 360 so I am stuck with the standard 360 controller. Unless there is something like the HKS for the 360.

the xbox controller has a different feel to it that the PS3 one and to be honest in GT5 the cars respond a bit slow at times which is why I have set my controller sensitivity right up to around 5 or 6 . mainly because I am used to the xbox controls I think :) havent played shift 2 yet though!

bmwisme
Not a whole lot of activity here... looking for any suggestions on setting up the standard controller for Forza3. I don't have any problems with the slower cars but the control is SO TWITCHING on the fast rides I have tried.

Note: Picked up Forza because it was cheap and I love driving/racing. Most of my track time is with the PS3 version of Shift 2 but also GT5 and now Forza for something different.

Also, I won't be picking up another wheel (DFGT on PS3) for the 360 so I am stuck with the standard 360 controller. Unless there is something like the HKS for the 360.

I'm in the same boat as you, I just rented FM3 and I'm using the controller (DFGT for PS3). It's different, and I know I could completely blow away the competition with a wheel and pedals, but some of the events are quite hard on the hardest difficulty. Even though I have more PI than the AI, sometimes maxed out to what it will allow for the championship races, I still find myself struggling to keep up with first place. Corners aren't a problem, but when those straights hit, they pull on me like I have way less power than I actually do.

All I can say is try to get use to the controller, it sucks compared to a wheel I know, but eh, better than shelling out more money for another wheel or the converter to run the DFGT on the 360.

Thanks for the response guys... I am starting to get the hang of the 360 and Forza control/handling. Not so sure I am convinced this is a "simulator" though. I am still using the Citroen and very quick and small steering adjustments causes the car to dart almost like a go-kart.
I am enjoying the experience though - I don't get hung up on the simulator claim of any game as long as it isn't too arcade like.

Good point, take the game for what it is, a good racing game. I like to try a lot of different racing games, but the good ones, GT5, FM3 I play until a new iteration come out.

The game really shines with a wheel guys. There are controls built into pad users which probably makes the game a bit too easy to control. But with the wheel all bets are off. A couple of friends and I were racing some Vettes the other day and not one of us didn't put it into a wall nose first under power coming out of a turn. You couldn't even look at the throttle.... GAS PEDAL (I'm from the U.S. what's this "throttle" business. lol) and it was taking off all over the place. Most fun I had in a while. Got a little video of it, wanna see it where here it goes.

I'm the dude in the background completely off his game that night :(

Back