GT5 "Standard" Cars That Were Not In GT4...

• Thread starter 2_FAST_4_U
  • 11 comments
United States
U.S.A.
In the NA version... The Mitsu GTO's are GT3000's, The Oullim is the Proto, The Mazda Cosmo's are 110's, The Vauxhalls are Opels, The Viper 51 is 91... So, they are not all included here cause they are basically the same car duplicated, although the Opel Vauxhall and Vipers livery are a bit different. ... Here's a list of "Standards" that as far as I know were not in the NA version of GT4... Please feel free to add to this list as needed on any that I may have missed ! (Other cars that are both premium and standard are not included either ) Imho these actually could be marked semi standard like in GT6. My guess is they were not finished in the attempt to get out GT5 to the shelves.

Audi R8 LMS Race Car '09
Audi R8 LMS Team PlayStation '09
Audi R8 PlayStation Team Oreca '05
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '09
Jaguar XFR '10
Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary '08
Lamborghini Countach LP400 '74
Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo GT-1 '00
Lexus GT-1 Race Car '04
Mazda Furai Concept '08
Pescarolo C60 Hybride Judd Race Car '05

Again... Please feel free to add to this list as needed on any that I may have missed cause I'm not sure on all ?

Last edited:
In the NA version... The Mitsu GTO's are GT3000's, The Oullim is the Proto, The Mazda Cosmo's are 110's, The Vauxhalls are Opels, The Viper 51 is 91... So, they are not all included here cause they are basically the same car duplicated, although the Opel Vauxhall and Vipers livery are a bit different. ... Here's a list of "Standards" that as far as I know were not in the NA version of GT4... Please feel free to add to this list as needed on any that I may have missed ! (Other cars that are both premium and standard are not included either ) Imho these actually could be marked semi standard like in GT6. My guess is they were not finished in the attempt to get out GT5 to the shelves.

Audi R8 LMS Race Car '09
Audi R8 LMS Team PlayStation '09
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '09
Jaguar XFR '10
Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary '08
Lexus GT-1 Race Car '04
Mazda Furai Concept '08

Again... Please feel free to add to this list as needed on any that I may have missed cause I'm not sure on all ?

FYI: Only the XFR and Mazda Axela are truly "new" standard cars for GT5. All other cars were in GTPSP, except for Nomad Diablo, which was in NTSC-J GT3.

FYI, here's the first appearance of each car:

Audi R8 LMS Race Car '09 - GT PSP

Audi R8 LMS Team PlayStation '09 - GT PSP

Audi R8 PlayStation Team Oreca '05 - GT PSP

Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '09 - GT PSP

Jaguar XFR '10 - GT5

Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary '88 - GT PSP

Lamborghini Countach LP400 '74 - GT PSP

Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo GT-1 '00 - Gran Turismo 3 (Japanese release only)

Lexus GT-1 Race Car '04 - Gran Turismo 4 (Korean Release Only)

Mazda Furai Concept '08 - GTPSP

Pescarolo C60 Hybride Judd Race Car '05 - GT PSP

Last edited:
Thanks for the updates. Seems I totally missed that Mazda Axela completely and appreciate that info. One other question on the Mazda Furai, per your replies, if it was first seen in GT5 wouldn't that technically make it also a "truly" new standard ?

So the only "truly" new cars to GT5, not seen anywhere before in any other GT game, then would be the list below... correct ? ... and are there any other PSP new cars I missed ?
Jag XFR'10
Mazda Axela 23S '03
Mazda Furai Concept '08

Last edited:
Also, the Audi R8 PlayStation Team Oreca '05 and Pescarolo C60 Hybride Judd Race Car '05 was originally meant for Gran Turismo HD Classic, but that went nowhere before GT PSP was finally released...

Ops, not sure why I said Mazda Furai first appeared in GT5 and not GT PSP.

I wonder if the Jaguar XFR and Mazda 3 were supposed to be in GT PSP at first but later cut or wasn't finished yet and later, they threw it into GT5?

Hope'n someone can help or add to this list... Here's the question...

I'm trying to add to my garage only the cars that I don't have in my GT4 regular garage. Some here on the below list are one country version versus another, but I have the NTSC-US version and I am adding them. I'm aware they are very similar if not exact. What I want is other "standard cars only" that are similar in nature that are not in GT4 that are in the various GT5 series of all versions... Any others missing or suggestions appreciated ?

New Edited List:
Audi R8 LMS Team Playstation '09
Audi R8 LMS Race Car '09
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '09
Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 (C6) '09 (Standard Not Premium)
Citroën GT by Citroën Concept '08 (Standard Not Premium)
Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca Race Car '00 (Not Livery # 91) Livery # 51
Ferrari Enzo Ferrari '02 (Standard Not Premium)
Ferrari F2007 '07 (Standard Not Premium)
Honda (Not Acura DN-X Concept '02) DUALNOTE Concept '01
Jaguar XFR '10
Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary '88
Lexus GT-1 Race Car '04
Mazda Furai Concept '08
Mazda Axela 23S '03
Mazda2 '03 (Not Demio Sport '03)
Mazda (Not 110S) Cosmo Sport (L10A) '67
Mazda (Not 110S) Cosmo Sport (L10B) '68
Mazda (Not Mazda6 Touring Car) Atenza Touring Car
Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '03 Magmarot Paint Color
Mitsubishi (Not 3000GT) GTO SR '95
Mitsubishi (Not 3000GT) GTO SR '96
Mitsubishi (Not 3000GT) GTO SR '98
Mitsubishi (Not 3000GT) GTO Twin Turbo '95
Mitsubishi (Not 3000GT) GTO Twin Turbo '96
Mitsubishi (Not 3000GT) GTO Twin Turbo '98
Mitsubishi (Not 3000GT) GTO Twin Turbo MR '95
Mitsubishi (Not 3000GT) GTO Twin Turbo MR '98
Nissan GT-R SpecV '09 (Standard Not Premium)
Oullim Motors (Not Proto Motors SPIRRA 4.6 V8 '04) Spirra Prototype '04
Polyphony Formula GT White Only (Not GT4 Mobile Livery) New GT White Livery
Vauxhall (Not Opel) Astra Super Touring Car '00
Vauxhall (Not Opel) Calibra Super Touring Car '94
Vauxhall (Not Opel) Corsa Comfort 1.4 '01
Vauxhall (Not Opel) VX220 '00
Vauxhall (Not Opel) Vectra 3.2 V6 '03
Vauxhall (Not Opel) Tigra 1.6i '99
Vauxhall (Not Opel) VX 220 Turbo '00

Last edited:
Another question for the above not on list above... Just read that there is a Mazda2 '03 that was only available in the PAL version and not in any NTSC version. Does anyone know... Correct ???

Edit: Never Mind-It was the Mazda Demio Sport '03 in the US version and I've now added it to the list above.

Last edited:
Here's photos of some GT5 "Standard Cars" that do not appear in the GT4 "NTSC" version...

"Audi R8 Race Car (PlayStation Team ORECA) '04" "Audi R8 LMS Race Car (Team PlayStation) '09" "Audi R8 LMS Race Car '04" "Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '09 (GTPSP Special Color # 28 Black M)" "Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 (C6) '09 (GTPSP Hidden Color # 7 White) - Hybrid" "Citroën GT by Citroën Concept '08 (GTPSP Hidden Color # D Yellow) - Hybrid" "Dodge Viper GTS-R Team ORECA Race Car '00 #51" "Ferrari F2007 '07 (GTPSP Edition With Martini Logo Livery)-1" "Ferrari F2007 '07 (GTPSP Edition With Martini Logo Livery)-2" "Ferrari Enzo Ferrari '02 (GTPSP Special Color # 6 Giallo Modena)" "Gran Turismo Formula GT (New White With PDGT Castrol Livery)" "Jaguar XFR '10" "Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo GT-1 '00" "Lamborghini Countach 25th (Silver) Anniversary '88" "Lamborghini Countach LP400 '74 (GTPSP Special Color # 6 Arancio)" "Lexus IS 200 GT-1 Race Car '04" "Mazda Atenza Touring Car (Same Body As Mazda6)" "Mazda Furai Concept '08" "Mazda Axela 23S '03" "Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '03 (GTPSP Special Color # 2 Magmarot)" "Nissan Fairlady Z Concept LM Race Car (Same Body As 350Z)" "Nissan GT-R SpecV '09 (GTPSP Hidden Color # 5 Metallic Blue) - Hybrid" "Nissan 180SX Type X '96 (Midnight Purple Pearl)" "Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd Race car '05 (#16)" "Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd Race car '05 (#17)" "Renault Sport Lutecia Trophy Race Car '00" "Vauxhall Astra Super Touring Car '00" "Vauxhall Calibra Super Touring Car '94"

Audi R8 Race Car (PlayStation Team ORECA) '04.jpg
Audi R8 LMS Race Car (Team PlayStation) '09.jpg
Audi R8 LMS Race Car '04.jpg
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '09 (GTPSP Special Color # 28 Black M).jpg
Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 (C6) '09 (GTPSP Hidden Color # 7 White) - Hybrid.jpg
Citroën GT by Citroën Concept '08 (GTPSP Hidden Color # D Yellow) - Hybrid.jpg
Dodge Viper GTS-R Team ORECA Race Car '00 #51.jpg
Ferrari F2007 '07 (GTPSP Edition With Martini Logo Livery)-1.jpg
Ferrari F2007 '07 (GTPSP Edition With Martini Logo Livery)-2.jpg
Ferrari Enzo Ferrari '02 (GTPSP Special Color # 6 Giallo Modena).jpg
Gran Turismo Formula GT (New White With PDGT Castrol Livery).jpg
Jaguar XFR '10.jpg
Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo GT-1 '00.jpg
Lamborghini Countach 25th (Silver) Anniversary '88.jpg
Lamborghini Countach LP400 '74 (GTPSP Special Color # 6 Arancio).jpg
Lexus IS 200 GT-1 Race Car '04.jpg
Mazda Atenza Touring Car (Same Body As Mazda6).jpg
Mazda Furai Concept '08.jpg
Mazda Axela 23S '03.jpg
Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '03 (GTPSP Special Color # 2 Magmarot).jpg
Nissan Fairlady Z Concept LM Race Car (Same Body As 350Z).jpg
Nissan GT-R SpecV '09 (GTPSP Hidden Color # 5 Metallic Blue) - Hybrid.jpg
Nissan 180SX Type X '96 (Midnight Purple Pearl).jpg
Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd Race car '05 (#16).jpg
Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd Race car '05 (#17).jpg
Renault Sport Lutecia Trophy Race Car '00.jpg
Vauxhall Astra Super Touring Car '00.jpg
Vauxhall Calibra Super Touring Car '94.jpg

I'm pretty sure the 180SX Midnight Purple is in GT4. It's been in GT since GT1 so...

From GT4 PAL (200SX rebadge), unless the 240SX rebadge soemhow is missing the purple. It's a shame then.

200sx.jpg

I was also gonna say something about the Formula GT not being a new color but... I checked and GT4 had a grey GT branding on the side and Mobil1 logos instead of Castrol soooo. Guess it's really is a new car lol.
Also you expicitly wrote USA version but, that particular Viper was in the PAL versions. The Vauxhall also were in PAL.. but so were the Opel versions. Huh strange, Vauxhall isn't in GT4 USA. Didn't notice until now. Lutecia is the JDM variant of the Clio. Present on JP versions of GT4... maybe? My mind is rusty on GT4 JP, but it is in GTPSP of course.
The Diablo, mentioned previously, was in GT3 JP, winnable and driveable, and in GT3 USA but hidden. Wasn't in GT4 though, so yeah.
Atenza/Axela are just the japanese names for the 3 and 6. However, from memory, one of the 2 variants of 6 race cars can have a spoiler upgrade in GT5. Also one revs higher.
The Audi R8 Playstation in GT5 can have a spoiler upgrade. Doesn't change the car visually, but add downforce nonetheless.
The IS200 GT-1 was in GT4 Korean version.
Adn finally the Fairlady Z LM was in GT4 JP. And is more powerful than the 350Z concept variant in GT5 and up.

Yes, I should have mentioned the 180SX was rebadged in the US and GT4 NTSC as the 240SX and the 200SX in the EU and that GT4 version thereof.

Back