GT5 to GT6 Tune Conversion

• Thread starter Sylux024
  • 15 comments
United Kingdom
London
Krimzon99
Hello,
Currently I have quite a few tunes that I'm very proud of and I'm interested to know if they will be as good on GT6 as they are on GT5. Technically it should be but I'm guessing there may be a few internal game changes.
Will I need to tune again from scratch, Fine tune a bit or not change a thing?

thanks!

Hello,
Currently I have quite a few tunes that I'm very proud of and I'm interested to know if they will be as good on GT6 as they are on GT5. Technically it should be but I'm guessing there may be a few internal game changes.

thanks!
Remove camber and fine tune a bit, should work fine for the most part

Strange, I wonder why camber now is problematic!
An area of great speculation unfortunately, either its not working or they've completely changed how it works and we haven't figured it out yet.
Either way, most traction is at 0.0. Any change will result in loss of grip so unless this is your aim leave it alone. Might be useful for drag racing if used to reduce friction of front wheels perhaps? Not my thing personally, the thought just crossed my mind.

Hello,

thanks!

There are certain cars that can run the same tune that you had in GT5 but most cars can't, I've found a few cars that could run the same gear ratio positions but it needed a higher flip to compensate for the added HP, for example the ZZII, that car now has 962hp but I run the same gear positions just on a higher flip because now it traps 176mph at the shadow on Indy as opposed to 160ish in GT5. Another car this might work on is the Lamborghini Aventador but this car is just terrible in GT6, it no longer runs with the GT-R's or the Le Mans Quattro but it can be a decent run with the Diablo and a few other cars if you race in the right class. For the most part though tunes have changed a lot, toe angle on the rear wheels on RWD cars no longer helps but you still need to mess with the toe angle on the non drive wheels (on RWD it'd be the front wheel obviously lol) and camber on the front doesn't seem to help either although this is arguable because without a speed test there is no way to test this theory but the toe angle on the drive wheels is no longer needed, we will continue to do extensive testing but until we get a speed test we can't really move on to much at the moment.

As Shells said Sylux, some cars have same bhp as GT5, but a lot are different now requiring new tunes. I've had success tuning some cars like i did on GT5 with the same bhp.

So i was testing out the camber and toe theory AGAIN last night. I've seen a good friend of mine using camber, he's a top tuner and respected but i didn't ask him about it yet.

So i used some toe in toe out on my rx7 spirit, and i swear i was topping out a few feet before the shadow of the bridge @ 152mph. Without toe i was topping out a couple feet after the shadow. Now i tested this with the same tune with and without Toe. I also had bit of camber on it too.

Maybe its just my imagination and just the tune and the gear shifting, so don't go taking anything i've said as fact - as shells said we can't properly test the theory for sure, until a speed test.

The general consensus at the moment is that min min ride height helps pull on 4WD. But then again some RWD cars also like min min ride heights, not all like max max. dampers seem to make a more of a different in travel now.

Be careful when changing rims, my RUF CTR2 i changed the rims and my tune that worked perfectly before had a 1st gear massive bog. So i had to reflip it and tune i over again.

Heres a really useful tool for you. Since you can no longer see what top speed your flipping your transmission to.

Max Speed Slider / Lowest Final Gear

For e.g

112mph / 2.500 = 44.8mph

44.8mph x (Your Flip Number)

E.g

44.8mph x 3.400 = 152.32mph

Take these figures and then for GT6 add 10-15mph to compensate. So you might have to reflip to a slightly higher final gear to get the actual top speed you want for the kind of trap speed you are looking to get.

I hope what is said here helps you silux. One more thing, on Muscle cars or most RWD using comfort softs seems to help the generate lesser friction and helps the run. But i'm not sure if this works on 4WD's.

Also even though Wings don't appear to make any real difference, take them off anyway theirs a chance they could affect performance however little. Wings add unwanted levels of downforce sometimes which might help the launch of the car but not the pull.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback everyone, it was most helpful! I hope speed test comes to GT6 soon because these things will become clearer for us all. I'm considering just waiting it out to GT7 as its apparently coming 2014. And I don't want to go through all this again but it depends on GT6 speed test release.

*Insert GT5 offline lamentation here*

As Shells said Sylux, some cars have same bhp as GT5, but a lot are different now requiring new tunes. I've had success tuning some cars like i did on GT5 with the same bhp.

So i was testing out the camber and toe theory AGAIN last night. I've seen a good friend of mine using camber, he's a top tuner and respected but i didn't ask him about it yet.

So i used some toe in toe out on my rx7 spirit, and i swear i was topping out a few feet before the shadow of the bridge @ 152mph. Without toe i was topping out a couple feet after the shadow. Now i tested this with the same tune with and without Toe. I also had bit of camber on it too.

Maybe its just my imagination and just the tune and the gear shifting, so don't go taking anything i've said as fact - as shells said we can't properly test the theory for sure, until a speed test.

The general consensus at the moment is that min min ride height helps pull on 4WD. But then again some RWD cars also like min min ride heights, not all like max max. dampers seem to make a more of a different in travel now.

Be careful when changing rims, my RUF CTR2 i changed the rims and my tune that worked perfectly before had a 1st gear massive bog. So i had to reflip it and tune i over again.

Heres a really useful tool for you. Since you can no longer see what top speed your flipping your transmission to.

Max Speed Slider / Lowest Final Gear

For e.g

112mph / 2.500 = 44.8mph

44.8mph x (Your Flip Number)

E.g

44.8mph x 3.400 = 152.32mph

Take these figures and then for GT6 add 10-15mph to compensate. So you might have to reflip to a slightly higher final gear to get the actual top speed you want for the kind of trap speed you are looking to get.

I hope what is said here helps you silux. One more thing, on Muscle cars or most RWD using comfort softs seems to help the generate lesser friction and helps the run. But i'm not sure if this works on 4WD's.

Also even though Wings don't appear to make any real difference, take them off anyway theirs a chance they could affect performance however little. Wings add unwanted levels of downforce sometimes which might help the launch of the car but not the pull.

A few things to add to this, some 4WD cars like max/max ride height as opposed to min/min. The thing with the rims is true as well, for some odd reason certain rims makes a car faster just like in GT5, for example in GT5 I tested every rim choice there was on my BMW M5 '08 and they all ended up getting around the same time with a few tweaks or not but when I threw on BBS LM-R rims I improved down to a 9.84 instead of the previous 9.86 and eventually over time I managed to score a low 9.82 when I re-tuned it. As far as wings go in this game it is still unclear if they help or not, the aerodynamics have been greatly increased in GT6 and more downforce is guessed to be bad but we still aren't completely sure, for now just don't run a wing on many cars. As far as speed test goes my input on the matter is 50/50, I want speed test so I know what times cars run and so I can determine what car runs with what car but I don't want it because then there will be a whole fiasco with a leaderboard and everyone will start tuning for that and neglect online racing altogether thus resulting in comps not happening and what comes with a leaderboard is ego issues, everyone wants to be the fastest and hacks and cheats are bound to find there way in there at one point or another just like in the past, rules will change and then before you know it nobody plays the game anymore, I think we are all in agreements here that we don't want to go through that again.

A few things to add to this, some 4WD cars like max/max ride height as opposed to min/min. The thing with the rims is true as well, for some odd reason certain rims makes a car faster just like in GT5, for example in GT5 I tested every rim choice there was on my BMW M5 '08 and they all ended up getting around the same time with a few tweaks or not but when I threw on BBS LM-R rims I improved down to a 9.84 instead of the previous 9.86 and eventually over time I managed to score a low 9.82 when I re-tuned it. As far as wings go in this game it is still unclear if they help or not, the aerodynamics have been greatly increased in GT6 and more downforce is guessed to be bad but we still aren't completely sure, for now just don't run a wing on many cars. As far as speed test goes my input on the matter is 50/50, I want speed test so I know what times cars run and so I can determine what car runs with what car but I don't want it because then there will be a whole fiasco with a leaderboard and everyone will start tuning for that and neglect online racing altogether thus resulting in comps not happening and what comes with a leaderboard is ego issues, everyone wants to be the fastest and hacks and cheats are bound to find there way in there at one point or another just like in the past, rules will change and then before you know it nobody plays the game anymore, I think we are all in agreements here that we don't want to go through that again.

Lets hope there is a speed test coming soon, or an even better than GT5 Performance test. This what still keeps the hope alive for me with GT6. It will be boring game without. And if they did bring a speed test of some sort the old ways of cheating aren't forced to work the same.

I used the Rays TE37V rims for my most my cars at the moment and for my RUF, whereas before i used the OCZ racing italias. The best thing to do is i'm going to test which rims change the car make it bog or change gears. Shells did your your gears change with rim change?? Or did it just bog like mine? Also i'm very interested in your findings which RWD cars you've found are using MIN MIN ride height and which 4WD cars you have found are preferring MAX MAX??

This is why I stayed away from tuning common cars and any high hp cars.

Lets hope there is a speed test coming soon, or an even better than GT5 Performance test. This what still keeps the hope alive for me with GT6. It will be boring game without. And if they did bring a speed test of some sort the old ways of cheating aren't forced to work the same.

I used the Rays TE37V rims for my most my cars at the moment and for my RUF, whereas before i used the OCZ racing italias. The best thing to do is i'm going to test which rims change the car make it bog or change gears. Shells did your your gears change with rim change?? Or did it just bog like mine? Also i'm very interested in your findings which RWD cars you've found are using MIN MIN ride height and which 4WD cars you have found are preferring MAX MAX??

I know for a fact that my GT-R's like it at max/max, I've found that if I do min/min on them they are more likely to bog especially the Spec V when I quick shift it, I don't really use these cars at all so it doesn't really matter much to me. As for other 4WD cars I can't remember which ones are running max/max and which are running min/min off the top of my head, I'd have to check. I don't think I have any RWD cars yet that run min/min but I need to experiment a bit, I'm going to start with the Enzo :)

There are certain cars that can run the same tune that you had in GT5 but most cars can't, I've found a few cars that could run the same gear ratio positions but it needed a higher flip to compensate for the added HP, for example the ZZII, that car now has 962hp but I run the same gear positions just on a higher flip because now it traps 176mph at the shadow on Indy as opposed to 160ish in GT5. Another car this might work on is the Lamborghini Aventador but this car is just terrible in GT6, it no longer runs with the GT-R's or the Le Mans Quattro but it can be a decent run with the Diablo and a few other cars if you race in the right class. For the most part though tunes have changed a lot, toe angle on the rear wheels on RWD cars no longer helps but you still need to mess with the toe angle on the non drive wheels (on RWD it'd be the front wheel obviously lol) and camber on the front doesn't seem to help either although this is arguable because without a speed test there is no way to test this theory but the toe angle on the drive wheels is no longer needed, we will continue to do extensive testing but until we get a speed test we can't really move on to much at the moment.
Bs on avent, they take r34 nur 2s by a car

Bs on avent, they take r34 nur 2s by a car

Compared to what they did in GT5 they are really bad in GT6, I thought it was still going to run with the GT-R's but that just isn't the case, it barely gained any HP and dropped a bit of weight but to me it's just slow. I think the R34 '02 and the Aventador are pretty even, I've had great races with each of them vs the other.

Well thats true, in real life the gtr and avent can be even depending on the driver

Not entirely true at all, if you're talking straight off the factory like I am then the Aventador would win every time as long as there is no mechanical issues. The Aventador has 145hp more at 690hp as opposed to 545hp (2014 GT-R) now I know HP isn't everything but the Aventador is also 353 pounds (160kg) lighter than the 2014 GT-R. Both cars have the same 0-60mph at 2.9 seconds but the GT-R achieves this with launch control which is similar to SRF in GT6 while the Aventador doesn't need launch control to get 2.9 0-60. In real life the 1/4 mile time for the factory 2014 GT-R is 11.0 with launch control while the factory Aventador is 10.6 without launch control. In real life the Aventador would kill the 2014 GT-R by a lot, the only way it would lose is if the drivers reaction time was REALLY bad we're talking .400 of a second here I don't think anyone's reaction could be that bad if we are talking about real life pro drag racers. Anyway I will stick by this, Aventador>GT-R for life! The GT-R is just to heavy to compete but in GT6 they are dominant because the Aventador got ruined with excessive downforce and barely any HP gain and weight loss.

The Aventador has 145hp more at 690hp as opposed to 545hp (2014 GT-R) ...the Aventador is also 353 pounds (160kg) lighter than the 2014 GT-R. Both cars have the same 0-60mph at 2.9 seconds but the GT-R achieves this with launch control which is similar to SRF in GT6 while the Aventador doesn't need launch control to get 2.9 0-60.

- It's remarkable how crucial the right electronics can be for cars performance, when that alone is what makes GT-R identical to Aventador in acceleration, despite 20% less hp and 10% more weight!?

Back