GT5 Tuning Setups Needed

• Thread starter Darkdog786
  • 7 comments
Darkdog786
Hello All. I wanted to introduce myself first. My nickname is my gamertag and i just recently bought PS3 so i can play Gran Turismo 5 Prologue(only) and GT5 in the future. I am a Long time hard core racing franatic and been playing Forza 2 for almost 2 years. We have our own club GSR :-

g.s.r.forumfree.net (Only for Forza 2 and upcoming Forza 3).

Most of my team members have Xbox360 so unfortunately i am the only person who bought PS3 and started to get a hang of Gt5. I have always supported my team in HLC(Hot lapping championship) and proud that we have grabbed the championship 3 times already with other GSR members. My role in the team was to test the tuned cars and run LB (Leader board) times under Free Run.

So coming back to GT5 Prologue now, I am looking for racing teams who are serious in winning tournaments in Gt5 Prologue and running hot laps or time trials. I am not good in tuning as i mentioned earlier about my team role also. If there are any serious, hard core racing clubs already over here then i assure you that i will be a great asset to the team. So feel free to email me or send a PVT message if you are recruiting. If not then i would love from some of the GT5 gurus to post some links if possible for cars tuning setups.

Lastly i have a question. Since i am a guy who came from a background of Forza 2 and i am very used to the joystick. I tried using the joystick in Gt5 but it looks like this game was meant to be played through the keypad instead of the joystick as i cannot control the car in some hard corners. Please let me know if that is the case so i can start practicing with the keypad.

If you take a good look in the tuning thread forum you will see a plethora of tuning garages.... Me being one of them ;)

Lastly i have a question. Since i am a guy who came from a background of Forza 2 and i am very used to the joystick. I tried using the joystick in Gt5 but it looks like this game was meant to be played through the keypad instead of the joystick as i cannot control the car in some hard corners. Please let me know if that is the case so i can start practicing with the keypad.

Well, i use the joystick since GT4 and i can assure you that its possible to get even more out of the car! By using the digital pad you can only steer hard left/right but with the joystick you can do smooth transitions in and out of any corner. that way you will gain more speed. I highly recommend to use the right joystick for brakes/accel since its hard to control with the L2/R2 buttons.

Dunno if youre playing on expert or normal setting but using a steering wheel is a must for expert. surely, you can do well in the slower classes on expert level but as soon as youre getting on with the top tier cars or trying to use faster RWD cars its gonna be a hell of a drive.

Well, your best control, in my opinion, will come from a steering wheel, if you can afford it. Logitech's Driving Force Pro, Driving Force GT, or G25 wheels are very good. I own a DFP myself, but the G25 is the one with an H-shifter and clutch pedal.

But before I had my wheel I was always better at GT1-GT4 with the buttons than with the sticks. This tends to be more personal preference. The buttons on the DualShock 2 and DualShock 3 are fully analog so you do have some control over how much you are doing, and not just all on or all off. There is a bit of finesse involved though.

If you take a good look in the tuning thread forum you will see a plethora of tuning garages.... Me being one of them ;)

Thanks mate. Actually i have been using the tuning setups posted in this thread

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3184137&postcount=9

The tunes are decent not excellent (May be they are excellent i just need to get used to GT5) but i was able to pull 158th rank on Suzuka with Clio Tuned setup on my first 5 lap tries. My Target is top 50 but i can see that it will take me hours and hours of practice. Thanks for the info on the tuning garages. I will be contacting you soon :--)

Thanks Ecro and Fool Killer for your input. Actually Ecro is right i am using the same R2 and L2 for brakes and acceleration. I bought the game only 2 days ago and i have cleared all the classes except 2 races left in S. Unfortunately i am broke now so had to earn some ccredits in order to buy that ferrari.

I wil try to use the joystick for Braking and acceleration also to see if i can get used to it. I want the steering wheel so bad for this game that you cannot even imagine. But i wanted to buy a steering wheel which is compatible for both FOrza 3 and Gt5(This way i don't have to spend 200 dollar on each steering wheel). I've heard Fanatec steering wheel can be used for both xbox and ps3. Can you give me some input on this also ?

Nice to know all of you guys and you will be seeing alot of me in the gtplanet forums.

I don't own a 360 yet, so I haven't paid attention, but I haven't heard definite confirmation on the new Fanatec steering wheel working with both yet.

Considering past 360 wheel support I would suggest waiting for reviews to come in.

Back