Gt5 usb steering wheel problem

  • Thread starter Thread starter ron.mercier
  • 5 comments
  • 6,853 views
Messages
2
I have a usb steering wheel that works on pc and playstation. It works, i played a lot of racing games on ps3 with it, however on GT5 there's a problem. In the menus it works, i can navigate the menus with it but when the race starts it does nothing, no steering no accel/brake, only the exit button works.
Anyone knows what's this all about?
 
It would probably help if you mentioned what make and model of wheel you have.
 
I dunno if this will help you, as I had a similar problem, but not the exact one. My wheel worked fine, but when a race finished, there was no button to get out of the replay, so I had to watch the entire replay.

My solution was before I started the game, reassigning the controllers. Making my PS3 controller, number 1, and the Wheel, number 2. Now I can use either or, and don't have to worry about my menus not working.

Dunno if that will help you, but worth a shot.
 
I've also been having a steering wheel problem. The wheel I previously used on GT4, the Logitech Driving Force wheel, doesn't fully work on GT5. I don't have any forcefeed back control. The motor never activites or works in any form. I can play the game with the wheel pulled into the wall electrical outlet or unplugged and it's all the same. Also b/c of this the wheel doesn't calibrate itself and sometime's in a race it will pull to one side or the other.

To the best of my knowledge this wheel is compatible with the game as it's displayed as an option under the controls settings. Has anyone else had this problem?
 
I have a GENIUS SPEED WHEEL 5

That wheel is crap, get a proper DF GT wheel. Really , not trying to be mean, but get a proper wheel.
 
Back