GT5 VS FM3 Time Trials / Leaderboards

• Thread starter tonyscha
  • 4 comments
So I had an interesting idea, and thought I would run it past the forums. Running the exact same cars on both GT5 and FM3 on the same tracks (real world tracks) and post results here. I used arcade mode to make sure the cars were the same. I used similar driving assist also.

I will start off

Car: 2010 Camaro SS
Track: Suzuka east
GT5: TC = 5, MT, 0:57:840
FM3: TC = ON/OFF (I used both), MT, 0:56:650

Note: FM3 is more difficult to get a clean lap time, but the car was easier to handle no matter which assist I used.

Can you run good with no assists? It would remove a variable from the time difference. I play both, but always assumed FM3 was faster, seem to have more grip most of the time, plus easier throttle application with the controller.

Can you run good with no assists? It would remove a variable from the time difference. I play both, but always assumed FM3 was faster, seem to have more grip most of the time, plus easier throttle application with the controller.

I just picked up GT5 about a month ago, so I am not the best with no assist yet, I was getting some wheel spin. However with FM3, I used no assist.

I really think the grip is close in both, but the non linear throttle response and difficulty with the PS3 controller to pull the trigger smoothly, makes GT seem easy to spin tires. After enough time with it you can get used to it.

Back