gt5 wasted 3min of my life

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cue2
  • 17 comments
  • 2,690 views
Messages
688


I was disqualified after a single player race when grinding on Eifel. Didn't get my Cr or XP :indiff:
My guess is that the oil change made my car go above the 420pp limit during the race. So your car is checked before you enter a race and when awarding Cr and XP. Glad no endurance races have pp limits :ouch:.

Also, after this happened GT5 became a little unstable and I had to quit game, wtf?
 
I do know that engines break-in, and after the break-in period, develop a few more horses. Not sure if that helps.
 
lol that's pretty funny. I've never even heard of this. Good job!
 
Thats brilliant, sorry could'nt stop laughing.
 
I do know that engines break-in, and after the break-in period, develop a few more horses. Not sure if that helps.

I always though that was due to a first oil change. Does it happen regardless of the oil change?
 
haha At least, we know GT5 is broad in terms of realism. There are many aspects of GT that go unnoticed.

Simple things like oil getting too dirty then causing a power decrease.
 
I have had that happen but you normally get the credits and XP of the previous race and then get disqualified, it happens after the engine rebuild, the pp increases as the engine breaks in causing this to happen. Normally fixed with a simple power limiter reduction 👍
 
I've completed races many times with 1pp more than the limit due to engine break in. I still got the rewards for the race but I just couldn't enter it a second time until I changed the car to suit the regulations.

Maybe they changed it. :odd:
 
I noticed my PS3 was acting really odd straight after that race (like badly stuttering frames), to the point were I had to quit the game. Maybe it did give me the XP and Cr but didn't show it, and pressing x to skip made it try to start the race again? Who knows, but I can confirm that both you and igwyana are right. It's now behaving as you described it.
 
Last edited:
The game shouldn't deny you credits just because your engine broke in a hair during the race and as a consequence your PP went up. If the game accepted you at the moment the race started, that should be enough. This sounds like something PD needs to fix.
 
It is true that engines that are brand will get broken in, increasing their power slightly, then will start to decrease over time. Oil changes and engine overhauls will help with keeping your engine well maintained, but there will come a time when permanent power loss will come into effect. But it will be a very long time though.

Also, if you complete the race regardless of, well, anything except for disqualifications due to race conditions i.e. going of track and you're not supposed to (not the case here though), you are supposed to receive any prize money and experience from that race. The only time the PP limit regulation failure comes into play is when you are entering the race, but the game doesn't allow you to. I had the same thing happen to me on the same event, but I still got my cash and exp. Just lower the power using the power limiter each time by about 3 or 4 PP (yes PP) when it is close to the limit.

Well, just be glad it was only 3 minutes instead of 24 hours, even though there's no PP limit in the endurance races. Now that would really suck. :lol:
 
GT5 wasted 10+ minutes of my life just trying to connect to my own lounge,count yourself lucky. :sly:
 
I'd say up to this point, GT5 has wasted 2 - 300 hours of my life.

PS3 isn't even turned on right now and it's still wasting hours, as I research steering wheel options...
 
[/COLOR]
The game shouldn't deny you credits just because your engine broke in a hair during the race and as a consequence your PP went up. If the game accepted you at the moment the race started, that should be enough. This sounds like something PD needs to fix.

It is true that engines that are brand will get broken in, increasing their power slightly, then will start to decrease over time. Oil changes and engine overhauls will help with keeping your engine well maintained, but there will come a time when permanent power loss will come into effect. But it will be a very long time though.

Also, if you complete the race regardless of, well, anything except for disqualifications due to race conditions i.e. going of track and you're not supposed to (not the case here though), you are supposed to receive any prize money and experience from that race. The only time the PP limit regulation failure comes into play is when you are entering the race, but the game doesn't allow you to. I had the same thing happen to me on the same event, but I still got my cash and exp. Just lower the power using the power limiter each time by about 3 or 4 PP (yes PP) when it is close to the limit.

Well, just be glad it was only 3 minutes instead of 24 hours, even though there's no PP limit in the endurance races. Now that would really suck. :lol:

Gonna have to disagree with both of you on receiving XP & CR. Here in America (pun-intended) Nascar not only checks a car before a race but also after the race to make sure it is compliant. If it's not the the driver/car is penalized. Usually with taking something away, like a win!
 
Same goes for Formula 1. Cars are always checked in scrutineering straight after the race to ensure they meet the requirements like weight etc.
 
[/COLOR]Gonna have to disagree with both of you on receiving XP & CR. Here in America (pun-intended) Nascar not only checks a car before a race but also after the race to make sure it is compliant. If it's not the the driver/car is penalized. Usually with taking something away, like a win!

I was only referencing to this game, not real life.
 
Back