GT5 Weekly D1 Comps

United States
United States
CaptainNuggets
Hello, I was Thinking about doing weekly competitions on Gran Turismo 5. The Track would be randomly Selected each week 5 days before the event and the event would take place in real time on the tracks that allow weather and time change for instance, if the Track is Circuit De La Sarthe in France. whatever time it is and whatever the weather is like would be what the competition would be held in.

Obviously not every track on gt5 allows time and weather change but for the tracks that do this would be how its set up.

I would like to Live Stream the comp as well and Youtube it on my Channel, i do not have the equipment to do so, so I would need someone who can record at least 720p and be able to stream it for me and send me the record after the event for me to edit and youtube post it.

I would also like to run a legitimate 3 Judge system. Let me know what you guys think. Its not for sure either.

Last edited:
Wow please split this into paragraphs haha

This sounds awesome though, I'm down! It's different and new with change! Start it up !

Oh by the way, with the glitch you can have weather change on all tracks :)

Hello, I was thinking about doing weekly competitions on Gran Turismo 5.

The track would be randomly Selected each week 5 days before the event and the event would take place in real time on the tracks that allow weather and time change.
For instance, if the Track is Circuit De La Sarthe in France - whatever time it is and whatever the weather is like would be what the competition would be held in.

Obviously not every track on GT5 allows time and weather change but for the tracks that do this would be how its set up.

I would like to Live Stream the comp as well and Youtube it on my Channel, I do not have the equipment to do so, so I would need someone who can record at least 720p and be able to stream it for me and send me the record after the event for me to edit and Youtube post it.

I would also like to run a legitimate 3 Judge system, let me know what you guys think.
Its not for sure either.

Very interesting idea 👍 coupled with the "Weather on any track" glitch this really opens up some great possibilities. I'm not really sure how you'll do this for 'Original' tracks though? I suppose you could do always use your current weather in your town.

I won't be competing as that's not what I drift for but I'll certainly be keeping an eye on this 👍 Good luck!

Would you judge Urie?

I'm not qualified to do so - however in saying that Zach (Lock2Lock) is a judge if I remember correctly? I could always work with him to learn the intricacies if nobody else is available.

I'm not qualified to do so - however in saying that Zach (Lock2Lock) is a judge if I remember correctly? I could always work with him to learn the intricacies if nobody else is available.

Yea no problem. Not sure if he is. It would be great having a consistent judge in my opinion.

Yea no problem. Not sure if he is. It would be great having a consistent judge in my opinion.

I've done similar jobs in the past that require dedication, zero bias and a keen eye - I don't doubt myself in that respect; it's just a case of my knowledge of drift judging is based off of what I've seen from D1 and Drift Monster and I can't seem to figure out the rhyme and reason behind the decisions half of the time.

I'll speak to Zach about this later on.

I will haply sign up for a competitor. Due to there will be RULES to How we will be judged ect. on angle ect. thanks Shoot.

UrieHusky
GreazyTee

Yeah I usually judge comps. I have no problem doing so. I would also like to compete too, but not in every event. HPIxProdigy, if you want me to judge for this let me know the usually days and times you think you will be hosting these competitions. I would like to compete in one every so often too though.

Urie, if you would like to learn how to judge, or practice judging, I am sure Greazy wouldn't mind helping you with that. Me and Greazy could just run some really close tandems on a section and you can judge it. You could tell us why you voted like you did and with a replay I can check your ruling. You just need to know what to look for.

Urie, if you would like to learn how to judge, or practice judging, I am sure Greazy wouldn't mind helping you with that. Me and Greazy could just run some really close tandems on a section and you can judge it. You could tell us why you voted like you did and with a replay I can check your ruling. You just need to know what to look for.

Yeah sure thing 👍

Wow please split this into paragraphs haha

This sounds awesome though, I'm down! It's different and new with change! Start it up !

Oh by the way, with the glitch you can have weather change on all tracks :)
Haha sorry just a fast post and thanks. I really dont know the glitch but ill look it up. but it was an idea. just a lot of work though. Thanks for the support ima look more into it.

Very interesting idea 👍 coupled with the "Weather on any track" glitch this really opens up some great possibilities. I'm not really sure how you'll do this for 'Original' tracks though? I suppose you could do always use your current weather in your town.

I won't be competing as that's not what I drift for but I'll certainly be keeping an eye on this 👍 Good luck!

Thanks for the support. I guess i could use weather in my own town for those. it was just a thought but its a lot of work. ill probably look more into it but im starting school again soon so who knows. maybe i can find someone who can host em and i could judge.

I want to attend these events so I can continue to get better at tandems.

I am in, this is good practice for the wheel.

I'm up for this ;)

I will haply sign up for a competitor. Due to there will be RULES to How we will be judged ect. on angle ect. thanks Shoot.

Good to know youd guys like to show up but im still not sure exactly if i have all the time an stuff though. idk yet. Thanks for the support guys
:)

Back