GT5 will not Load past menu screen

  • Thread starter Thread starter trk29
  • 11 comments
  • 5,931 views
Messages
2,586
Messages
trk29
It has been 45 minutes and GT5 has yet to load up. it gets to the screen where you choose between GTLife and Arcade and sits on the GT logo screen and never loads...... Arrgghhh

Is anybody else having this problem? I came home from work and sat down to play and this is what has been happening.
 
You can try logging off PSN. Internet can really mess things up if you have a weak connection
 
Have you changed any of the settings regarding music?

I know there is a bug in the game where if you change the music to read from your collection of music then delete a peice of music the game cannot handle it and does not load.

Maybe this is not your issue but it is a known issue that produces the results you are seeing.
 
Problems accuring for me:

Getting stuck on loading screen
Black screens during online races (going from free run to race & going from race end to lobby)

With both these issues i have to quit the game and reload.

Tad annoying.. esspecially when hosting an online lobby.
 
I get stuck on the loading screen quite often. The one with the silver 'GT' in the middle of a black screen.
Is happening far too often.
 
Problems accuring for me:

Getting stuck on loading screen
Black screens during online races (going from free run to race & going from race end to lobby)

With both these issues i have to quit the game and reload.

Tad annoying.. esspecially when hosting an online lobby.

The black screen before the online race starts has happened to me a few times, you just have to wait it out and it will eventually load (took around 1.5 minutes). I haven't had any problems other than this regarding loading screens. The "silver GT" loading screen can be fixed by disconnecting from the internet. (from what I've read)
 
The black screen before the online race starts has happened to me a few times, you just have to wait it out and it will eventually load (took around 1.5 minutes). I haven't had any problems other than this regarding loading screens. The "silver GT" loading screen can be fixed by disconnecting from the internet. (from what I've read)

arh right... well im a very impatient person so i waited like 1min before i quit :)

ill test the disconnecting from interent next time my loading screen freezes...

cheers
 
You'll want to disable your internet on the PS3 XMB. I've noticed quite a few hang ups and crashes while I'm connected whereas it's smooth sailing when I'm not connected.
 
having just moved house and had a new broadband connection setup I was experiencing all the problems detailed above.

GT5 (in particular) appears to suffer problems when your connections is poor. swtiching from wireless to a wired connection resolved the problems for me.
 
arhh the joys of match making and connection dropping for ps3... delightful!
 
go into options and clearing cache worked for me...
 
happened to me last night. i unplugged my ethernet cable and everything worked again.
 
Back