Gt5anticip8r's Car Reviews (Ford Focus ST PDF)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gt5anticip8r
  • 7 comments
  • 1,093 views
Messages
88
South Africa
South africa
Well, the last time I did this was when the first issue of GTLife went out. My M3 vs. C63 comparison was very well recieved - so I had some time on my hands, and decided why not have a go at it again. I've decided to upload the review as a .pdf, since I tried to do the layout as professionally as possible. I hope you enjoy it, do let me know what you think!

Cars:
1) Ford Focus ST '06
 

Attachments

Last edited:
Very well done man, 👍

Only thing I can't fully agree on is the tire selection near the end of the write-up, but the writing it's self was excellent. Check out the stuff in my signature if you want to see my write-ups.
 
That was a very nicely compiled article. Really technical but also easy to read.
If I may ask, How did you get the fuel consumption data out of the game or was it real life figures?

My only criticism is that maybe you could list some track details and laptimes especially when you moved from the comfort softs to the racing mediums to judge the improvement.
The laptimes would be for comparison only in later articles with similarly specced vehicles.

Very well done man, 👍

Only thing I can't fully agree on is the tire selection near the end of the write-up, but the writing it's self was excellent. Check out the stuff in my signature if you want to see my write-ups.

Did you not agree with changing from the standard fitted tyres? Perhaps the comparison times would solve this disagreement?
 
Thank you, guys, for the kind words. stevenk27, regarding how I obtained the fuel consumption:

1) I noted the cars mileage
2) Ran some laps around the 'Ring (Nordschliefe & GP/F)
3) Pitted in at the end and saw how many litres had been used
4) Left the track and noted the cars mileage again
5) Just used simple division, multiplication, etc. to obtain litres/km, km/litre, theoretical range etc.

It's not perfect, since the game works with whole numbers for fuel consumption, but I thought it would be interesting to include anyway.

MOTORTRENDmitch
Very well done man,

Only thing I can't fully agree on is the tire selection near the end of the write-up, but the writing it's self was excellent. Check out the stuff in my signature if you want to see my write-ups.

Thanks for the compliment. Regarding the tyres, it basically came down to personal preference, not really obtaining maximum performance (although SM's would probably improve lap times over CS's). I realize that this is one of those things which everyone would have a different opinion on, so I sort of glossed over it in the review.

Looking back, I probably should have recorded lap times. The reason I didn't was because I'm simply nowhere nearly as quick as most of the guys here on GTP! Nevertheless I'm now fairly certain I'll be including them in the next review.

Thanks again - I'm about to go read some of your articles, cheers!

EDIT: I just read Episode 1 - I'm really staggered by the amount of effort you guys put into it. The photography was just stunning! Well done to all of you.
 
Last edited:
It is as though the car is constantly considering alternate paths of travel.

Just a slight nitpick, nothing that greatly took away from the reading experience. Do you have a link to the C63 vs M3 article? I found your read enjoyable.
 
Cheers, I'll have a look at it tomorrow.
 
Thanks for the compliment. Regarding the tyres, it basically came down to personal preference, not really obtaining maximum performance (although SM's would probably improve lap times over CS's). I realize that this is one of those things which everyone would have a different opinion on, so I sort of glossed over it in the review.

Looking back, I probably should have recorded lap times. The reason I didn't was because I'm simply nowhere nearly as quick as most of the guys here on GTP! Nevertheless I'm now fairly certain I'll be including them in the next review.

Thanks again - I'm about to go read some of your articles, cheers!

EDIT: I just read Episode 1 - I'm really staggered by the amount of effort you guys put into it. The photography was just stunning! Well done to all of you.

I understand why you did the tire thing, no worries 👍
And thanks man, it takes a while to make them... aha Just check out the Ferrari California vs BMW Z4M episode. By far the best one I think. Unfortunately the photos from the latest one were deleted for some reason.
 
Back