GT5P OLR: Assistance Required For Replay Problem

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 14 comments

Sphinx

Staff Emeritus
United Kingdom
England
GTP_Sphinx
Knowing that there are a lot of clever folk that reside here, I would like to ask for assistance in helping the OLR community to overcome a problem we have in regard to GT5P replays. Here's the problem:

If an OLR event specifies that the run must be done in 'Professional' physics, it is however possible for anyone to do the run in 'Standard' physics, then go to options, change the physics to 'Professional, save the replay, and they then have a replay that clearly shows that it was done in 'Professional' mode when it was actually done in 'Standard' mode.

Code:
Superspeedway - Daytona 
Car: Mazda Atenza Sport 25Z '07 
Time: 1'05.840 
Standard, S2/S2
Ver. 3.00.4138044

Code:
Superspeedway - Daytona 
Car: Mazda Atenza Sport 25Z '07 
Time: 1'05.840 
Professional, S2/S2
Ver. 3.00.4138044

The problem we have is not knowing which physics mode was really used, because as you can see the two codes shown above shows the same lap time, but also clearly shows that they were done using different physics, when they weren't. Both of the above were done in 'Standard' mode.

I'm hoping that if I can supply you with the two replays of the same run, you could find a way of clearly identifying any differences within the data to determine the fake 'Professional' mode replay?

Attachments

• PS3.zip
    220.8 KB · Views: 22
I will get right on this as soon as the Moto GP Quali is over.

Edit, Maybe I am not that clever. :dunce:

But surely it is clear when watching the replay if standard or pro is used.

Last edited:
I will get right on this as soon as the Moto GP Quali is over.

Edit, Maybe I am not that clever. :dunce:

But surely it is clear when watching the replay if standard or pro is used.

Not always. The current method of detecting is very time consuming indeed.

I thought more than one member would rise to the challenge, or at least have a quick look. I guess I was wrong. :dunce:

Thanks for trying, hyper. 👍

Can you post a couple other different examples of different cars and tracks and post them? I found one thing but I seriously doubt thats it but want to check on a couple more instances of what you are seeing. Thanks.

Jerome

Could you post an example of a legit professional mode replay as well? I don't really know how to compare the ones you posted because they're done in the same physics mode.
Also, those replays you posted are numbered as 001 and 002. If possible, could you save the additional replays as 003, 004 etc?
I found several bytes that look suspicious..

edit: If I'm not asking too much, could you make those extra replays so that they last only a couple seconds while you're driving on a straight line? Preferably on full throttle or no throttle at all, thanks :)

Last edited:
I have 3 replays.

001 - done in professional
002 - done in standard
003 - done in standard ,saved in professional

Who can spot the differences in data between the 001 and 003 replay?

If somebody does I will upload 2 new replays but won't tell which one is professional and which one is standard but is changed to professional.

Eternal fame for who can figure this problem out.

Attachments

• SAVEDATA.rar
    337.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
To me it looks like that file PARAM.PFD has a generally used type of a three-byte pointer at offsets 28D and 39D which could mean something, at least it's different between 001 (5C9AD8) and 003 (5CDAD8), but the same between 002 (5CDAD8) and 003 (5CDAD8).
However, the files Sphinx posted have a slightly different pointer alltogether albeit the same in both files (5D04D8).
I wonder..

Cool 👍

If you like I can do 3 new replays with the same method,but different track and car.
But this time with 2 in professional and one fake professional.
Which of course only I know.

So the replay which is different must be the fake one.

All right, keep them coming :)
If possible, try only driving in a straight line for a few seconds in all those replays. I'm interested to find out if replay.dat files are encrypted somehow

Thanks for your time Speed Drifter 👍

3 new replays,only straight line for a few seconds.
No best lap replays but normal replays,due not ending the lap.

Any way,I did 2 in professional and one in standard but saved in professional.
Numbers of the replay are 001/009/010.

Attachments

• SAVEDATA.rar
    294.5 KB · Views: 10
I'm sorry, I'm not able to spot anything to help identifying them :( those three look even more identical than the earlier replays.

I'm guessing that 001 and 010 are done in professional mode? There's nothing that sticks out really, they just seem to be more closer to each other (offset 45E).

All three of them have "5CDAD8" at the offset I was calling as a pointer

yes,

the 009 replay was the standard one.

Thanks anyway,

I hope when we come across a situation with foggy times ,we can contact you for further investigastion.👍

Kenny just pointed me here. I wonder if there was anymore news on this issue? Seems like it is very hard to detect, so I imagine there are some who choose to use this exploit.

EDIT: I loaded the data into an editor and tried to see anything different. I have attached an image of a run done in Standard. one saved in standard the other by switching to pro....

Also I wanted to see if I could alter the lap time. So I changed it from 59.052 to 58.052. Next I reloaded the replay and saw the time difference in the stats, but when I tried to copy it listed as corrupted. At least it seems that you can't easily edit lap times in the code, but this does not solve the switching problem. I am sure someone with experience may find some more.

compareSFO.gif

Last edited:
I tried doing the same thing as you did. Except that I compared every single replay file posted here, and there was nothing that could reveal in what mode they were run :(

Those replays that were saved during the same session had couple bytes that could be used to distinguish them, but the problem is that even those bytes seem to be totally random.. This is all I know.

Latest Posts

Back