GT5P Setup w/ G25

• Thread starter 94lude
  • 29 comments
Yes, I am a GT geek.

Still have a lot of cleaning up to do, but this is what I have till now.

- GT Cockpit by Endless International
- Momo Competition Sport Seat
http://www.gtcockpit.com
- VRC Monitor Stand
- Dell 24 inch monitor
- Logitech G25 w/ Custom Mounted shifter
- Two Aura Bass Shakers underneath the seat (Two more planned for underneath the pedals and shifter)
- Dayton SA100 Amplifier (not pictured)
- Dedicated PC for GTR2 and RFactor

DSCN4323.JPG

DSCN4310.JPG
DSCN4318.JPG

DSCN4299.JPG
DSCN4316.JPG

- Two Aura Bass Shakers underneath the seat (Two more planned for underneath the pedals and shifter)

Great setup, lots of envy here but; 'bass shakers for underneath the pedals and shifter' ??????
I mean: huh ?

:)

Great setup, lots of envy here but; 'bass shakers for underneath the pedals and shifter' ??????
I mean: huh ?

:)

LOL... the bass shakers are like everything else... can never be enough. If my bucket seat were fiberglass in the back, I would actually mount another as well. Mounting the bass shaker on the pedal can be tricky, but just a thought. I was so happy with the results for underneath the seat, I'm tempted to add more.

Thats awesome how much was that chair and where did you get it?

By the way I have that same speaker system.

The cage itself was approximately $300 from gtcockpit.com, and the momo seat was $150 from a friend. Another $100 for the VRC monitor stand. I also spent a few dollars here and there in adding the amp and bass shakers, but they are optional.

The speakers are ok.... it does the job for now. The room is mainly my theater room, so dont want to add anymore speakers then that for now :) Thanks for the props.

Oh my god, how much did you pay for all that? You are a really GT's fan :).

It took me a few years to put together, but I guess about 1k if you break everything down; cage, monitor, stand, bass shakers, etc. All worth it though.. I can use it for all kinds of racing titles, not just GT. Like GTR, RFactor, etc.

How well do those bass shakers work in gt5p. Does all the wind noise overwhelm everything else. Thats what happens with my buttkicker. It just vibrates the whole time once the wind effects kick in.

How well do those bass shakers work in gt5p. Does all the wind noise overwhelm everything else. Thats what happens with my buttkicker. It just vibrates the whole time once the wind effects kick in.

Not at all. The wind noise doesn't seem to affect the vibration much. If anything, its the most apprarent during hard acceleration, deep engine noise, or driving over berms. And of course, the seldom crash :)

I'm not sure how much control the buttkicker allows, but the Dayton amp allows the crossover to be adjusted, as well as volume.

Sweet setup. I was wondering... is there really a setup that can allow you to have left hand gear shifting? I've been playing the Initial D arcade with the sequential shifter mounted on to my left and I'm only get used to it a lot. Seems badass, but hey, I'm a lefty in changing gears. Let me know if it's possible.

BTW, did you get the seat along with the cockpit or seperately? The seats on that site aren't the same. Oh... and if I had the money, I'd like a 45-odd inch screen... roughly the size of a windscreen.

Sweet setup. I was wondering... is there really a setup that can allow you to have left hand gear shifting? I've been playing the Initial D arcade with the sequential shifter mounted on to my left and I'm only get used to it a lot. Seems badass, but hey, I'm a lefty in changing gears. Let me know if it's possible.

Anything is possible as long as the right modification is done. I actually had my car audio installer put the custom mount together to accomodate the shifter, amp and bass shakers. The GT race cage is rather easy to modify due to the location of the bolts, so mounting was a breeze. If you need more details and photos, let me know

BTW, did you get the seat along with the cockpit or seperately? The seats on that site aren't the same. Oh... and if I had the money, I'd like a 45-odd inch screen... roughly the size of a windscreen.

Separately. I was able to purchase the Momo seat from a friend for much cheaper. Fortunately, Momo and Sparco uses the same bolt pattern, so no modifications were needed on the GT seat bracket.

I would love to use a 45 inch screen. Unfortunately, the room is mainly designed as a home theater, so theres a 74 inch screen mounted on the wall. The 24 inch was already a stretch for the GT cage.

44616908_p6Q5p-L.jpg

Good luck on your build

Latest Posts

Back