GT5p shelved

  • Thread starter Thread starter GT_Fanatic
  • 29 comments
  • 2,493 views
Status
Not open for further replies.

GT_Fanatic

(Banned)
Messages
612
I have GT5p back on my shelf. This latest race event update is a joke. Fed up to the eyeballs with bumper car physics. I've been a fan of the GT series since it began. This is supposed to be the new generation of gaming, yet all we are given are different events to be punted, rammed, side swipped and brake checked in. stunning graphics are nice, but real game play should be just as important. "The real driving simulator" comical.

*End of rant*

Close thread please.
 
Last edited:
You can close your own threads as a premium member... Anyways, online play will always be abit odd. not everyone has a high speed internet connection. Have you thought of just playing the actual game instead of just the online parts? Your name on here is so misleading.
 
i agree about the race events, i loved the previous events HSR no pp, and Fuji 750 great races and usually have pretty good racers. With the new races, i feel that suzuka is a bit more technical so people who have less car control will tend to rely on their bumpers rather than relying on a proper driving line or a good suspension setting. It can be frustrating this i know:(

A good game to distance yourself from GT i believe is uncharted; i've been playing this game again with the update of trophies and i am enjoying every minute..truly a beautiful game..or play GTA and unleash unholy hell with a rocket launcher, this too can be good meditation:):)
 
If more people were to play other racing games such as Forza, Live For Speed, rFactor, they'd quickly realize how much of a joke Gran Turismo is in terms of features offered.
 
You can close your own threads as a premium member... Anyways, online play will always be abit odd. not everyone has a high speed internet connection. Have you thought of just playing the actual game instead of just the online parts? Your name on here is so misleading.

I'm fully aware that I can close my own thread, but whats the point of creating it and then closing it straight away :dopey:

I've played the single player to death and have no more to complete as it's all 100%.

My name on here is not misleading. If you read my post correctly, it states that I have been a GT fan since the series began, hence "GT Fanatic". What this latest installment of GT is doing is feeding us limited events while not paying any attention to the real problem of the bumper car physics. The point is, it's not a real driving simulator.
 
Last edited:
So, I'm assuming you haven't touched the new events. WE 750pp Suzuka? Sad.
 
Have a nice hiatus. Right now PD's focus is on damage, as it is next in line for updates. Enjoy the gt-free time and get some sun. :p
 
If more people were to play other racing games such as Forza, Live For Speed, rFactor, they'd quickly realize how much of a joke Gran Turismo is! (fixed) :p
Or GT legends and Historic GT (which is my favourite at the moment). Maybe some of the hardcore online racers should try out iRacing.
I haven't tried GT5p online after the update, has it become that bad?
 
So, I'm assuming you haven't touched the new event. WE 750pp Suzuka? Sad.

Maybe your tired, but you clearly didn't notice my post stating "the latest race event update"

I've been on Suzuka 750pp half the evening :dopey:
 
Last edited:
I'm really enjoying the events this cycle, but I'd agree that we desperately need private rooms and more tracks to increase the variety.
 
I'm really enjoying the events this cycle, but I'd agree that we desperately need private rooms and more tracks to increase the variety.

Sure, private rooms and more tracks would be great, but this bumper car stuff needs to be sorted out, either that or PD should exclude the moniker of "the real driving simulator". Sadly GT5p has become stale now.

I have a number of GT fans on my friends list and they no longer play online because of the smash and crash mayhem caused by punters.
 
so you've played all the gt's untill now you say...
what did you enjoy about all the previous ones than??
i meen,i also am fed up with the online punters and so on,but its the best gt-version ever!!!soon there will be a major update,and things will change again.....
so my question to you is:what did you and your friends did with the previous gt -versions when there whasn't a online mode???


spyrrari.
 
We definitely need private rooms, but that's an old topic.
But it isn't always bad online ...
Like suzuka.. Just wait a bit for the other guys to start...
and you'll see that in the first two corners. they're all cutting the grass..
that's just the moment to go in..
and once you're in front of all those punters..
Don't think they'll get you back..
 
I don't get all this complaining about all the punters. It's annoying, I completely agree, but what would you like PD to do? You have to remember that not everyone has the same racing ethics as you and until private rooms become available to sort through the bad drivers, you are just gonna have to put up with it. Unless, that is, they come up with a stats system that suspends/bans bad drivers for multiple infractions. Wait a minute, that's not a bad idea...
 
I don't get all this complaining about all the punters. It's annoying, I completely agree, but what would you like PD to do? You have to remember that not everyone has the same racing ethics as you and until private rooms become available to sort through the bad drivers, you are just gonna have to put up with it. Unless, that is, they come up with a stats system that suspends/bans bad drivers for multiple infractions. Wait a minute, that's not a bad idea...

In Live For Speed the punters are not a big problem at all. I think there are 2 main reasons for that.

1. The servers are continous with lobby time between the races but still in game.

2. There is voting, for EVERYTHING (kick, ban, restart race e.t.c)
 
You act as if you have never played an online game. People cheat, its what people do.

Polyphony has to work on the rules system, add voting, and private rooms. Thats it. Then if you get a punter, you kick their ass out the server. That way, everyone plays legit. Its completely simple and is featured in many other games.

I think you are forgetting what exactly GT is, its not really about the online racing as it is the beauty of the car, and their driving physics. Its called a driving simulator, not a racing one. Driving a vehicle in GT is great. Racing online with mature people would be great as well, but I guess the GT audience isn't too evolved.

You can't blame anyone for this prologue not being up to snuff when it comes to online, and condemn then shelf it. Its basically presentation code that we die hard gt fans would BUY from them, and they know it. Its not a full game, I didn't think that when I purchased it. Hopefully you didn't either?

I paid for a game with second to none visuals, and a fun console driving experience that I could use my g25 with. Hot lapping is well worth the money in the GT universe, and online can be f un when the conditions are right.

Lag, Cheats, Punts, and whatever else happens in GT5p is not GT5p specific. People nudge you off the road in GTR just as bad as they do in GT5. The only difference is having punishments and laws that need to be in the game. I'm completely sure they aren't going to stop at prologue, and no longer create a full GT5.
 
I still play online, but it is very frustrating at times. Hopefully once private rooms are available, it will iron a lot of the problems out.

To be honest thou, I would rather a grid of 8 cars with no lag than a grid of 16, because it is lag galore.
 
I'm a firm believer in making the most of what you've got. OP, on the other hand, strikes me as one of those 'glass is half empty' types.

Sure there's punters - learn to beat them. It's not difficult (very few people punt because they can drive well) and there's almost always a race to be had if you can claw your way to the front. Your reward for making it through the idiots.

I'd rather be playing a glorified tech demo, with not enough tracks, cars and online options than downloading E3 trailers and patiently waiting for PD to finish with the bells and whistles. That's because I am a GT Fanatic and I'm happy to get my fix any way I can.

Strikes me there's a lot of people criticising a demo for not being a full game, that's like criticising a trailer for not being the full movie :dunce:
 
I find it annoying too - but I try to look at it as another challenge.

Generally if you can get to the front fairly quickly, you avoid the punters.

I've also disregarded the start and turn one now - I hang back through the the first bend, let everyone hurl each other off the track then pick my way through the carnage to the front. It seems to work pretty well.
 
Close thread please.

I'm fully aware that I can close my own thread, but whats the point of creating it and then closing it straight away :dopey:
So what's the point of creating a thread and asking for it to be closed? :confused: That would indicate that you thought it was worthless to start with, and should therefore not have been created in the first place.
 
its only a demo. Its only a demo. Its only a demmmmmmmmo.
 
I'm a firm believer in making the most of what you've got. OP, on the other hand, strikes me as one of those 'glass is half empty' types.

Sure there's punters - learn to beat them. It's not difficult (very few people punt because they can drive well) and there's almost always a race to be had if you can claw your way to the front. Your reward for making it through the idiots.

I'd rather be playing a glorified tech demo, with not enough tracks, cars and online options than downloading E3 trailers and patiently waiting for PD to finish with the bells and whistles. That's because I am a GT Fanatic and I'm happy to get my fix any way I can.

Strikes me there's a lot of people criticising a demo for not being a full game, that's like criticising a trailer for not being the full movie :dunce:

+1. I can understand Fanatic's frustrations but personally I'm prepared to overcome the punters and the occasional dodgy choice of race by PD to get my GT fix (especially in the absence of my PS2 and GT4!). If I genuinely don't enjoy the online races I just do time trials.

That said, PD's choice of online races hasn't been great lately, I much preferred having a choice of maybe four Pro events, different PP levels etc. Having the option of a 500PP, 600PP, 750PP and an F2007 event all on Pro would be great.
 
best demmmmmmmmmmo ever:sly:

spyrrari.

For me, GT4P was far better in terms of new additions to the series :dopey:

I felt very challenging and rewarding at the same time that test where you had to overtake 5 cars in 10 laps with the BMW F1 Mclaren FINA. Now, starting 16 and overtake 15 cars in one lap is just crap, and the S class races where you start like 10 years behind the leader feels old and illogical.

One nice addition to GT5P was that race where you teamed up with another driver to have a 1-2 finish... Why did they take it out?
 
Last edited:
I honestly don't see how people are getting into trouble with punters in 75PP Suzuka at least, an entire days racing and the only time i touched grass or gravel was my own doing, i was on the podium for EVERY race of the day (12 AM til 8PM with plenty of breaks). Barring the time i had to pull over because of the door. I've only had some paint scraped off by other drivers, no major punts at all and no deliberate swipes.

Am I doing something everyone else isn't?
 
I honestly don't see how people are getting into trouble with punters in 75PP Suzuka at least, an entire days racing and the only time i touched grass or gravel was my own doing, i was on the podium for EVERY race of the day (12 AM til 8PM with plenty of breaks). Barring the time i had to pull over because of the door. I've only had some paint scraped off by other drivers, no major punts at all and no deliberate swipes.

Am I doing something everyone else isn't?


Lucky you or maybe you are just that much better than everyone else!! You are the only one I know of. I haven't had a race yet that I wasn't punted by some idiot driver.

-Nate
 
Lucky you or maybe you are just that much better than everyone else!! You are the only one I know of. I haven't had a race yet that I wasn't punted by some idiot driver.

-Nate

No I'm not that good, maybe it is just luck of the draw, i generally get good starts but i've never been on the front row as of yet.
 
so my question to you is:what did you and your friends did with the previous gt -versions when there whasn't a online mode???


spyrrari.


Memory card battles is what we did, At least with the memory cards you and a friend could race each other out of different garages ( did ya catch that one PD ) , your version of a tuned Z-06 -vs- my version of a tuned Z-06
, or we would race going off of the horsepower to weight ratio chart ( + or - a few points to each car,keeping it close with each other ) which made for some interesting races.


I myself do not really care for the latest batch of races offered , I will still go out and doink around on some 700 / 750 races and the F2007 race, but I think this time around I will get refreshed with F1-CE and Tiger Woods '08 , thats just me being me.

BTW, why all of the big PP races , 600 PP / 650 PP are just right , you see more of a variety of cars , more competitive. My concern with big PP races is this : The game is still being bought by people , they see big PP,they grab their monster horsepower cars and go out there and just let it rip with no knowledge of what is really going on other than mash the gas and go, I am not condeming the noobs , we were all there at one time ourself , but it is just to chaotic. I really did not see the problem with lower PP races,maybe I was lucky.
 
Way ahead of you mr GT_Fanatic. I shelved my 3 weeks ago. Its a waste of my time since its NOT a real sim game nor is it realistic. Back to rfactor.
 
A rant thread? How original of you. I'll do you a favour and close it.

We've been here so many times before.

Closed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back