GT5P: Trouble with S Class races

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kojak1970
  • 4 comments
  • 1,385 views
Messages
36
With the exception of the Mine's Skyline race (got 3rd right off the bat, good enough for me) and the S-9 around Daytona with a Ford GT '07 (how I earned my 2 million credits for the F2007), these races are giving me fits.

Granted, I'm not the worlds best driver, but it would be really nice to be able to get the car I saved all those credits for! *lol*

I saw a lot of people suggesting the Lotus Elise 111R /tuned so I snagged one hoping it would perform for me as it has for others, but I supsect I need to take some time to learn the car and hopefully someone with more tuning smarts than I possess can give me some hints on how make the car behave.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
 
Which physics are you using? I completed up to A getting gold in most on professional but as soon as I switched to S I had to go back to standard to stand any chance of winning. I used the mine's pretty much all of the races and still struggled to get golds in them. The suzuka one (S10 I think) took me about 3 hours to get gold but it was a lot of fun in the process.
 
Which physics are you using? I completed up to A getting gold in most on professional but as soon as I switched to S I had to go back to standard to stand any chance of winning. I used the mine's pretty much all of the races and still struggled to get golds in them. The suzuka one (S10 I think) took me about 3 hours to get gold but it was a lot of fun in the process.

Yeah, this harkens back to the fact that I'm not that good of a driver, so I'm using Standard Physics as well as TCS and ABS. I don't know though, maybe those things are kinda holding me back (doubtful though *lol*).

I think what it mostly boils down to is getting used to the cars and practice... :grumpy:
 
Ah right. In that case I would say you just need a bit more practice with the skyline :) . It's a really grippy car in standard mode, but you could try lowering it a bit more and hardening the suspension to see if it works a bit better for you. Also play about with the gearing ratios to get a combination of acceleration and top speed.

When it comes to adjusting your car for the performance points, I tend to reduce the weight as much as possible, increase the downforce to max and then increase the BHP to whatever you can after this, this lets you catch up and outbrake a lot of opponents in the corners but you have to make sure you get into slipstream of the cars with more BHP down the straights. For each race you have to do it quite a few times to realise where the cars will all be at each given point - as said in another thread, it's a lot of reward for repetition.

I also personally have TCS and ASM off, but leave the ABS at 1. This lets you put a lot more power through the corners when you need it.

For some of the time trial/overtaking missions it's helpful to look at videos on youtube and see how they shaved off the last few seconds.

Hope this helps :)
 
Turning off all the aids and switching to pro physics is a really daunting learning curve to find yourself at the bottom of but I'd recommend it just the same. It's truly horrible to find yourself going from - quite good in a Ferrari - to - unable to keep a Cappuccino on the road but, once you have the hang of it, go back and try driving with arcade physics and all the aids turned back on - you'll realise it's like driving through molasses.
 
Back