GT5P worth getting?

• Thread starter ghsnu
  • 3 comments
United States
Tucson, AZ
spedy7
Relatively new to the forums, but is GT5P worth getting? I don't have a PS3 yet, but after watching my neighbors dogs for 2 weeks, I have enough money to buy one and was considering to get a used copy of GT5P. Plus I've watched a lot of YouTube videos on GT5P, but still can't grasp a view on what it's like.

I currently have a 360 and mostly play forza 3, which is quite nice, but I also want to get back into the GT series. I last played GT4 a couple years ago, but traded in my PS2 for the original xbox and forza 1, which I HIGHLY regret now (though I got rid of it).

So is GT5P's physics like Forza or GT4? Is the F2007 fun to drive? Is it easy or hard to make money? How good is the behind-the-car view (I only saw that it was fixed and followed the car unlike in Forza)? What type of customization can you do on the cars (not huge rims and penis painted on the side lol)? What's the game menu and dealerships like?

I'm sure I have more questions too...

Well i am pretty sure that you will be buying the PS3 just for GT5, now the question is:

would you want to purchase the console now or later (with a Combo)?
if now, just rent GT5-P and see for yourself if you doubt about it...

If you are tight on money, just wait until November for GT-5.

But overall, i would say the physics is like GT-4 (in better, if not the same, which is in my book, very good!)

There is no customization whatsoever in Prologue: you buy the car, you tweek it "mecanically" (technical adjustments) only...

But the driving dynamics/physics of GT5 will be different than Prologue, it will be an improved version, based on our test with the TimeTrial Demo from last January.

if you have money to spare and time to play until November, get it...

if you can wait and be patient about it... then just go out and watch more dogs...

As for as driving view, i think the "behind-the-car" view is excellent, i personnally prefer that "fixed" point of view/camera over the loose (Forza style) arcadey third point of view camera...

actually, i would ONLY swear by it! but that's just me.

EDIT:

Welcome among us the Parrots of Complains on GT5.

I just bought my 250gb PS3 on Sunday; it came with the Gears of War collection and GT5P, all for the normal price of the 120gb system only (hooray for returns), so I made the jump. Prologue is what it is; essentially a demo, and I had finished all the races in the game after the first day. However, you do get online, which is a mixed bag. If you're matched up with considerate, similar-paced drivers, it's a ton of fun. If you get punters, not so much. The physics are quite a bit better than GT4, there are a lot of cars that are new to the GT series, and it is still a really nice-looking game.

If you're mostly concerned with a PS3 simply for GT5 though, I say wait. For me, I had Little Big Planet, MGS4, FFXIII, Wipeout, Batman AA, and a couple other games all vying for interest, so I knew I'd end up with the system for a variety of games, and it made sense to grab it with the deal I got.

The chase cam is very similar to GT4's. I personally love it (use it for online races to avoid mishaps), but I understand it's an acquired taste.

Relatively new to the forums, but is GT5P worth getting?

NO. Wait for GT5.

ghsnu
Is the F2007 fun to drive?

NO. Way too much grip which results in unrealistic lap times and whacky driving physics that feel arcadey and too easy of a driving experience and the steering lock is so whacked you'll find yourself crossing your arms for almost every turn if you have a wheel.

ghsnu
Is it easy or hard to make money?

About average. Don't expect to get the 200,000 or so credits you need to get a supercar in 30 minutes though

Just dont get the game. Let GT5 blow you away. It's only 3 months away. GT5P is bare bones, no pitstops, no damage, no real online racing just random matchups. It was OK for GT starved people 2 1/2 years ago but now its time to wait for GT5.

Save your money, even if it is only $10 or $15. Put it toward GT5.

Back