GT6 AI settings

  • Thread starter Thread starter CTznOfTime
  • 19 comments
  • 3,957 views

Your preferred AI setting

  • More Neutral than Passive

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More Passive than Neutral

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    40
Messages
5,114
France
SoCal
Messages
GTP_MooCow
So there is a setting in GT6 where you can set on a scale how "Passive" or "Aggressive" you want your AIs to be.

How did you set it ?
And more importantly, what did you find out as a result ?

I searched for a similar thread, but no avail.
Actually i am surprised no one has created one yet.
Modo can move this to the Question/Answer section if more appropriate.

I set it right in the middle of the scale on my first day playing, so i dont have much feedback.
 
You are right eSZee, i didn't realize it when making the thread.

I had only played with GT6 for barely 2 mins when they asked me to set the AI... i thought it was for the entire game, but in retrospective, it wouldn't make sense, especially for the Missions and Licences, where the rabbits are already pre-defined.

So i guess this thread would be more appropriate for those who play in Arcade... which i don't really.


I guess in this case, i will set my AI to be hardcore aggressive and try to see how their driving is...

If i have guests coming to play, i will dumb down the AI to let them win ;)

This slider has its purpose, Nice !
 
I haven't bothered with Arcade mode as of yet since I assume you do not earn any credits there

My preference is for the AI to be fast but clean
 
wrong vote i vote for very agressive
 
I want to AI to drive the car as fast as the car is spec. I don't want the AI to speed up faster than the car can do and I don't want it to wait for me. All this extra programming of the AI reminds me of old NFS. Simply the AI driver needs to race the car as fast if it was in the real world.
 
I couldn't find one where they didn't randomly and without reason weave around on straights and in the breaking area so it didn't matter to me...
 
I guess in this case, i will set my AI to be hardcore aggressive and try to see how their driving is...

If i have guests coming to play, i will dumb down the AI to let them win ;)

This slider has its purpose, Nice !
I played with AI at 1 then the same exact race at 10 and did not notice a difference in final times with the ~400pp cars I raced.
 
So is the slider here just to fool us into thinking ... ?

Thanks for doing your part of this research...

I will try to find out on my side, and report back later, maybe i will do Ascari... I haven't tried that track yet...
 
Where do you define this setting? I Know it's arcade but no more.
 
I set the AI in my game to passive-aggressive. Then the AI always let me overtake quite easily, but then they make me feel bad about it. By the end of the race I feel absolutely awful!
;)
 
edit: deleted duplicate post
 
Last edited:
It's really hard to vote on this with most races being chase the rabbit... Is prefer neutral aggressive if I'm racing in the pack, but aggressive if its always 1v1 the way is now...

I'd also like aggressive penalties for contact so I had to plan passes... Blocking is way more challenging than aggression in racing and would make even the most passive AI challenging with equal pp...

The AI just poking its nose in like it may late break would be more phycological impactful as it might force me to make a mistake vs knowing they are just having their own track day...
 
Where do you define this setting? I Know it's arcade but no more.

You can find this by pressing start on the main home page... then select Option >>> Arcade ;)
 
The A1 have killed this game for me , I want to race for a win not have it handed to me .
Haven't played GT6 for a week now just lost interest in it simply because of the AI.
 
Arcade mode should be scrapped and replaced with Event Creator. There is no place for anything called "arcade" here.. We've had enough, and maybe PD has too as they have nearly dismantled Arcade Mode into a sorry shell of it's former sorry self.

It's time for Event Creator. It's time for Event Creator. Sing it with me, bros!!

skip to 37 seconds in
 
Doesn't really make a difference for what I've noticed. GT6's A.I still feels like the bastard child of GT4 and GT5's A.I no matter the setting.

In my honest opinion? I don't like it one bit. If the A.I will still suck, then I rather have GT5's A.I back. At least you could go an entire race without them crashing you since they were aware of your presence.
 
Love the Event Creator, but Once the Course Maker is back in, this will more likely be where you access your custom tracks is through the Arcade Mode, though I guess it could also be like the way we had it in GT5 where you accessed it through where you managed courses. At the moment not being able to set tire wear and fuel consumption is a bit of a disappointment, but I think this will be remedied in the next few months.
 
I see a future update for Arcade Mode. There are only 9 AI, no damage or tyre wear, when selecting a race car, the field has Rally, LMP, RM, Tuner, in other words, too diverse a field of cars. I find the AI slow at the start, then depending on car, the AI become a bit more quicker.

I only race Mount Panorama in Arcade Mode, using GT3 cars, the Shelby Daytona and Shelby GT500. All on default tyres. Depending on what surprise cars the AI are assigned to, if there are Super GT cars, the AI keep up after I pass them. Using the Shelby GT500, the Huayra usually starts in 3rd place but, I dont try to win any of the races.
 
Back