GT6 B-SPEC HUB. THE END!

• Thread starter bjl23
  • 164 comments
Australia
Adelaide
bjl2323

A spot for all Dedicated GT Crew Chiefs.

GT6 B-SPEC HUB
This is where we play the game of Gran Turismo Crew Chief

Racer.gif

In this thread we take on Challenges against the AI and compete with each other, using our own AI Driver, as well as investigating the opponent AI and their potential in full.
This then, you may realise, is the opposite of the Online experience and can be played completely Offline while yet interacting Online with real life Opponent Players via GTPlanet.

We utilise as many Offline in-game sectors as possible in the Challenges, using and developing our skills at selecting the right car, equipping it appropriately, tuning it just right, planning the winning strategy, and commanding our drivers perfectly to their highest standards possible.

A secondary objective is to recognise the Master Crew Chiefs, and bring them to the surface via the Challenges and the Wall of Fame where their accomplishments, and the Racing Records obtained therewith, will be enshrined.

The third objective is to bring members of GTPlanet together in a spirit of playful and healthy competition using GT6's My Home Dashboard in regards to playing the B-Spec Game,
and all it offers while in the company of fellow members.

The fourth objective is to bring together Beginners, Intermediates, and Experts at the game of B-Spec Gran Turismo for the mutual benefit of all.

All Members Welcome!

jam.gif

Trophy Winners Hall of Fame:

RMan72/J. Rimron (Jaybob)
Graviton Bob
Historic Bob
Bob Fury
Dirt Bob
Grass Roots Bob
Rabbit Bobbing
Bumblebee Bob
Bob Van Dam
Doppelganger Bob
Bob and the Dark Knight
Crosshairs Bob
Photo Finish Bob
Bob in the Sky
Silent Bob
Jazz Bob
Bob Almighty
B-SPEC SUPER SERIES
TRANSFORMERS TROPHY

bjl23/B. Lee
Tank Bob
2X Speed Bob
Bob, James Bob
The Bobfather
Bow Tie Bob
Sir Bob of Brands
Beamering Bob
Bob and the Bandit

photonrider/H. Photonrider (Hotchkiss)
Battle Bob
Bob French

Vic Reign93/S. Duncan (Junior)
The Lambob Dancer

MTM79/M. Mantere
The Bobzilla Award

_____

----------

For A-Spec Challenges go here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt6-ai-hub-official-list-of-winners-posted.320606/

Origins

About ten years ago, there appeared in GT4 the ability to manipulate a given driver, train this driver to battle with the regular cast of 'robot' racers that raced as driven by the Artificial Intelligence that ran the show, and use this thusly-trained driver as a simulated driver in the game.
IMG_3663_zps16dbf38c.jpg

This brought the game to a whole new level for it gave engineers, race-directors, crew-chiefs, and so on, the ability to simulate races and study the data gleaned towards many ends - from sheer entertainment, to actual practical use.

This entity earned the name: B-Spec Bob.
IMG_3712_zpsad5823a9.jpg

No one knows for sure who came up with this name; while I have spent many years trying to pin its roots, the earliest I can find is a post at GTVault, a site I believe is still functioning as of writing this - though visitors to that site probably visit other sites and there may be an even earlier entry somewhere else.
Quite often we will end up with Bill Gates and his wife when searching for 'Bob'.
I'm not sure how that was managed.

IMG_3717_zpsb2ca8cfd.jpg

B-Spec Bob was a most unusual creature and would very soon endear himself (we had to take it as a 'he' unless Bob turns out to be a 'she' name) to many of the Gran Turismo players and may indeed have been an attraction for many new players to the game.

The Gran Turismo that introduced Bob to the players outsold all the other Gran Turismos, so Bob was in many a home eventually, playing with someone or another. And always learning, learning, learning.
It is quite possible that at this very moment someone is playing with Bob on a PS2 somewhere on Planet Earth.
But Bob was lonely.

Bob told his creator that he wanted playmates in the game, not only from outside the game, so his creator took Bob apart and turned him into thousands of Bobs, which basically gave players outside the game alternating headaches and paroxysms of uncontrollable merriment.

The players themselves were given six Bobs each as their own - to do whatever they willed.
This gave the players the freedom to play both from outside and inside the game.
The creator called this new world - GT5.

IMG_9042_zpsure3xkar.jpg

And so B-Spec Bob turned into thousands of drive-bots and they all had names, not only the names that looked very familiar in the world of cars, but even any name that the players themselves could give their own little pet drive-bots.In fact the players could send their drive-bots out to race with other players drive-bots, and there was much battling and money-making that ensured to a fresh round of headaches and uncontrolled merriment.

More about B-Spec Bob, GT5 Drive Bots, and the new GT6 AI Driver, etc. . . . . later :)
NOTE: Please bring any B-Spec Bob/GT5 Drive-bots/GT6 AI a.k.a. 'Rabbits' information here when you see something of interest, and we will try to incorporate it into the history and development of the Gran Turismo AI.

Last edited:
B-Spec500race1_zpsrjnmthxx.jpg
B-Spec500Race2_zpspkjny5pt.jpg

B-Spec500Race3_zps30rflzo7.jpg

"Hotchkisssss!! Get your ass over here! Get the Raybrig out!"

*shakes fist and stare daggers at bjl23's pit

"We don't have a Raybrig, boss."

"WTF? FFS!!"

*starts dialing dealer furiously.

It's a great feeling to ride shotgun with the B-Spec driver and use R1 Commands as necessary, Super way to learn the tracks. Driver's Eye View adds to the fun of course:

B-Spec2X_zpsylj9c0gh.jpg

Last edited:
Filthy Freakin' Shenanigans.

Did you have a go at 2X Speed Bob yet?

I have more events coming up - hopefully we'll have lots more Crew Chiefs joining up - I intend to run this Series till Dec 15th 2016.

Filthy Freakin' Shenanigans.

Did you have a go at 2X Speed Bob yet?

I have more events coming up - hopefully we'll have lots more Crew Chiefs joining up - I intend to run this Series till Dec 15th 2016.
Not yet mate will try in the next day or two.

Do an event on the 24 minutes of le mans in special.

Baby steps, Lee, baby steps . . . we have a lot more events coming up and there are also many new players just coming into the game, and they may not have leveled much yet. That race would be a good incentive race as a Design-an-Event ticket, anyway - so I'll see if I can incorporate your idea in somehow. 👍
It will take weeks, if not months to gather all the players that like to play Crew Chief, so this will all take some time.
Thank you very much for joining in right away - your support is much appreciated!
I already have some CCs I work with at the AI Hub - Vic Reign93 and MTM79 - and I'll be bringing their trophies and B-Spec titles over to this thread, too, so we already have some foundation to work on.

Two new events up! Check OP!

Bob is a maniac in the 2CV - have fun. And how fast can we make Bob go when he has to play the part of Bond? Crew Chiefs are going to find out. :D

IMG_9035_zpsfzgnyplv.jpg

IMG_9037_zpslz7encbc.jpg

In The Battle Bob event I've got him on Push It Hard - and I give him the Overtake Command all the way - but he's not going any faster. He's not losing control of the 2CV, though. It's just a case of finding the right settings on the car that he can use to the max. I still have yet to retry any of the events - next stop will be the Keihin HSV for the GT500 and I'm going to have to throw an Esprit V8 GT at Bob to see how he makes out. Spa is tricky - he loses control on some of the corners - even at Push the Pace - so I have to navigate those at My Own Pace or hit the brakes myself when he is approaching too fast.
I'm also finding my Bob to be very aggressive around the other AI - even on Push the Pace. In Push It hard Mode he rams them out of the way - and loses time. Trying to teach him to swerve and overtake instead of sniffing ass. :lol:

Yeah, it's also fun to take a break from Bob when we're frustrated with him and do the race ourselves. :D
Funny part is - my Bob is better at some races than I am - at others - he doesn't really stink, but never seems to get the best out of the car.
SRF On or Off is another issue - sometimes he's better off without it, sometimes he's faster.

Plenty of time to work on the events - over two weeks - but there'll be more events soon to get these Inaugural Races off to a start.

In The Battle Bob event I've got him on Push It Hard - and I give him the Overtake Command all the way - but he's not going any faster. He's not losing control of the 2CV, though. It's just a case of finding the right settings on the car that he can use to the max. I still have yet to retry any of the events - next stop will be the Keihin HSV for the GT500 and I'm going to have to throw an Esprit V8 GT at Bob to see how he makes out. Spa is tricky - he loses control on some of the corners - even at Push the Pace - so I have to navigate those at My Own Pace or hit the brakes myself when he is approaching too fast.
I'm also finding my Bob to be very aggressive around the other AI - even on Push the Pace. In Push It hard Mode he rams them out of the way - and loses time. Trying to teach him to swerve and overtake instead of sniffing ass. :lol:

Yeah, it's also fun to take a break from Bob when we're frustrated with him and do the race ourselves. :D
Funny part is - my Bob is better at some races than I am - at others - he doesn't really stink, but never seems to get the best out of the car.
SRF On or Off is another issue - sometimes he's better off without it, sometimes he's faster.

Plenty of time to work on the events - over two weeks - but there'll be more events soon to get these Inaugural Races off to a start.
I did the same in BATTLE BOB. U would think on push it hard BOB should be able to get the same time as yourself? But then again he waits for a clean over take, I don't.

Like u say he is better than me to at some events (24 minutes of Le Mans).

Um . . . as one Crew Chief to another . . . *koff . . . what settings are you using? The tune on the 2CV (Battle Bot)? What top speed? How much HP are you running?

Maybe we can compare specs and see how we can improve the time. Winning would be awesome - would give our Bots something to celebrate about.
I have been away from the console for quite some time - but really impatient to try out the various Esprits with my Bob.

For the battle Bot I'm running my Bob on Manual with ABS and TCS off but SRF on. Have to try some other settings, too.

I'm runnimg with ABS 1, TC 1 , ASM on, SRF, on.
HP & PP are maxed out, not sure of the numbers.
Bob has done it in 2:17 with those settings but finished in third. I think it depends on your opponents.
Top speed is 130km. Standard tune , can't find another another on the net.

I think the Esprits are going to be very similar, I do have all of them. Might be more different if we drive them (A-SPEC).

[QUOTE="photonrider, post: 11198387, member: 180462]It's a great feeling to ride shotgun with the B-Spec driver and use R1 Commands as necessary, Super way to learn the tracks. Driver's Eye View adds to the fun of course[/QUOTE]

I endorse this.

I'm runnimg with ABS 1, TC 1 , ASM on, SRF, on.
HP & PP are maxed out, not sure of the numbers.
Bob has done it in 2:17 with those settings but finished in third. I think it depends on your opponents.
Top speed is 130km. Standard tune , can't find another another on the net.

Had a go at it again with Bob in the 2CV. I'm getting to know my driver a lot better now - and with some tweaking of the tune got this:

B-Spec%202CVbattle_zpsgu1z6wt9.jpg

So you see I'm working with him to make him faster. A good tune helps a lot. This also helps us learn about tuning and what works and what doesn't - especially in relation to specific cars and courses.
The problem is - the faster I make him go the faster the opponent AI also go.
He's running Manual now with all assists off - his fastest setting.
So basically war declared between my Bob and the Game's bots. Gloves are off. Or rather - on. Permanently. :D

Choosing a good field is crucial to actually having Bob win this event. Now that I know he can pull 2:17 in this particular car I need to hunt for a field with a slow rabbit - and then unleash the fury of Bob. Got. To win. Event. :lol:

I think the Esprits are going to be very similar, I do have all of them. Might be more different if we drive them (A-SPEC).

Definitely. One of the fun things about playing B-Spec is that we can jump in and do the event ourselves if we want at any time - take a break as it were - and try the car out and the track out - and we have Bob, too, to show us some tricks if he does better than us at the particular event.
I love my Lotuses - many models are the first cars I buy in the game.

So I gave Bob the Turbo HC and he blazed away, getting me a much better time already from the start. Some tuning, tweaking, and managing Bob through some of those corners he gets too enthusiastic about should get me a better time - maybe even one to beat this new Crew Chief I'm hearing about - BJThomas or BJLee or somebody . . . and his rookie driver who's upsetting the Boards. :D
As long as Junior or Mr. Mantere don't get wind of this I have a chance to get Hotchkiss on a leaderboard.

B-Specespirit_zps2ezdhnen.jpg

I have a few new events coming up soon - posting it today - some clues:

Tank Bob

Autumn%20Ring_3_zps3onup6hq.jpg

Roadsport Bob

Fuji%20Speedway%20F_1_zpse76yerjo.jpg

I endorse this.

B-Spec is totally underestimated. Except by those who know all its well-kept secrets. ;) 👍

Bob battling at Autumn Ring:

Autumn%20Ring_1_zpstsqbcduh.jpg

Autumn%20Ring_2_zpsbblptnoh.jpg

Autumn%20Ring_zps1o8tvgpa.jpg

So far he hasn't been hauled off to the Trailer for a talk with the Stewards.

Check OP for new events. We have till Feb 18th to try these out.
The Ascari event is a great ride with Bob driving the Veyron like it was a DTM. :lol:
The Ascari event will also be held concurrently at the GT6 AI Hub in A-Spec mode as well as the one-make Ferrari event taking place there (The Horsefather) will also be scheduled to run in here concurrently.

Have a great week!

Bob French. Where did u get the idea for closest time to 15minutes??? Wink wink.

Hope to give them ago soon.

Official Results:

E-Spec Events

E-Spec Events are run concurrently, and independently,
at both AI Hub and B-Spec Hub.

One Make Race
Offline B-Spec Challenge

The Bobfather
Event designed by photonrider

Vehicle: 458 Italia

Objective: Fastest Winning time
Venue: I A - One Make Races
Tunes/Assists: As per individual Crew Chief's orders.

Leaderboard:

bjl23/B.Lee: 7:21.605

photonrider/H. Photonrider: 7:45.933

Send in a legible graphic as an entry of your driver's prowess.
Event ends 18th February 2016 AoE.

_________
Endurance Race
Offline B-Spec Challenge

Bob French

Vehicle: Any eligible model of the Bugatti Veyron

Objective: Winning time closest to 15.00.000
Venue: 15 Minute Races - Race 2.

Leaderboard:

photonrider/H. Photonrider: 15:35.576

Winner gets to design a B-Spec Event based on any offline A-Spec race.
Event ends 18th February 2016

B-Spec Events

Championship Event
Offline B-Spec Challenge

Japan GT500 Championship

Vehicle: Any eligible vehicle. Different vehicles, or the same one, may be used for the 3 different races.

Objective: Fastest Winning Total Time.
Venue: I - A GT 500 Championship Races (Races 2, 3, and 4.)

Send in legible graphics of your final leaderboards to be eligible. Graphics must be sent in together as a set of three. If the time is later improved in one of the races then resubmit the new time again as a new set of three for the total.

Winner gets to design Special Bonus event.
Entries for the above Championship close 18 Feb 2016 AoE

Leaderboard:

Crew Chief: bjl23
Driver: B. Lee
Total Time: 27:33.338
Car(s) Used: Raybrig HSV-010 '12

Crew Chief: photonrider
Driver: Hotchkiss Photonrider:
Total Time: 28:05.504
Car(s) used: Xanavi Nismo Z '06

Tank Bob

Vehicle: Tank Car

Objective: Fastest Winning Total Time.
Venue: Clubman Cup

Leaderboard:

bjl23/B.Lee: 9.10.646

photonrider/H. Photonrider: 9:22.456

Send in a legible set of 3 graphic (Total Time) as an entry of your driver's prowess.
Event ends 18 February 2016
Winner gets to Design-an-Event based on this Cup race.

Bonus Race Event - Now On!
Offline B-Spec Challenge

2X Speed Bob

Vehicle: Chaparral 2X VGT

Objective: Fastest Winning Time.
Venue: 1-A GT World Championship Race 5

Leaderboard:

bjl23/B. Lee: 15:13.884

photonrider/H. Photonrider: 15:20.559

Bob, James Bob.

Vehicle: Any model of the Lotus Esprit

Objective: Fastest Winning Time.
Venue: National A - Turbo Sports Series Race 3 -

Leaderboard:

bjl23/B. Lee: Esprit V8 GT '98 - 5:10.820

photonrider/H. Photonrider: Turbo HC '87 - 5:11.911

Winner gets to design a B-Spec Event based on any National A race.

Battle Bob

Vehicle: Citroen 2CV

Objective: Highest Positon - if tied then faster time.
Venue: Novice Championship Race 1

Leaderboard:

photonrider/H. Photonrider: P2 2:17.086

bjl23/B. Lee: P2 2:20.171

Winner gets to design a B-Spec Event based on any race in the Novice Championships

New Events Up. More on the way.

OFFLINE B-Spec Challenge
Graviton Bob
ALL players welcome to enter.
Winner gets Design-An-Event Ticket based B-Spec Race at any Licence level.

Objective: Highest Position. If tied then faster finish.
Featured Vehicle: Any eligible NASCAR Stock Car
Venue: Offline Mode - Gran Turismo NASCAR Cup Race 1
Tunes/Assists: All permitted per the In-Game Regulations

Send in a legible graphic of your final leaderboard to be eligible.

Entries close Thursday, April 14th 03.00 hours GMT

marnascarbspec_zpsey4hl4se.jpg

Leaderboard

photonrider/H. Photonrider: P2 - 4:22.370
Carl Edwards #99 Fusion - 2013

Event concept: GTsail290

Objective: Highest Position. If tied then faster finish.
Featured Vehicle: Golf IV GTI Touring Car '01
Venue: Offline A-Spec Super GT500 Championship Race 1
Tunes/Assists: As per the In-Game Regulations

Entries close Thursday, April 14th 03.00 hours GMT

Leaderboard
Awaiting entries:

Looks like there were no takers for taking on Golfing Bob - and I'm not surprised - it was a nigh-impossible event; Bob never got past last place.

E-Spec Events Round II are now closed. New events will be presented soon.

Official Results for Graviton Bob:

Leaderboard

RMan72/J. Rimron: P1 - 4:20.530
Denny Hamlin #11 Camry - 2013

photonrider/H. Photonrider: P2 - 4:22.370
Carl Edwards #99 Fusion - 2013

Last edited:
Very good memories.
And it's time go hunting for Hotchkiss. He has been doing some racing recently, on and off, to merely entertain me or my friends on the bar display (when they sit around my bar drinking up all my liquor) but it's time to get my Crew Chief's cap on and hit the pits.
This may be good practise for when AI Leagues descend on Gran Turismo online again - the way we battled our Bobs against each other when we put them online in GT5.

Crew Chiefs please note:
B-Spec races will be once again up and running - new events will be posted on the 8th of April.
Standby for more action.

Current Events

New Players Welcome
Simply follow the rules of each event, take a screen shot of your result, and post it in here to compete.

OFFLINE B-Spec Challenge

HISTORIC BOB

Winner gets Design-An-Event Ticket based on B-Spec Race at any Licence level.

Objective: Fastest Finish. Bob must win.
Featured Vehicle: Any eligible vehicle
Venue: Historic Racing Car Cup - Race 1

Entries close Midnight BST April 28th 2018

Leaderboard

Historic%20Bob_zpsnsqbts7q.jpg

Hotchkiss Photonrider ( XJ13 '66) : 6:25.185

OFFLINE B-Spec Challenge

DIRT BOB

Winner gets Design-An-Event Ticket based on B-Spec Race at any Licence level.

Objective: Highest position. If tied with another Bob, then faster finish.
Featured Vehicle: SX4 WRC '08
Venue: Dirt Trials - Race 1

Entries close Midnight BST April 28th 2018

Leaderboard

bobsx4_zpsumxqgwiu.jpg

Hotchkiss Photonrider - P5 : 4:19.726

Hi Polixe! Welcome to the Crew Chief meet! :lol:

Hotchkiss, my stubborn and belligerent driver is a maniac in the dirt. I'm still not sure how to control him - great job getting P2.
The 2J will probably destroy the competition if given to Bob - I have to try that next.
Problem with my guy is he tends to get overly-enthusiastic about the race - and is very aggressive with the other drivers. He doesn't rest till he overtakes everybody then he starts to dawdle.

There's going to be a riot in the pits soon.
Unlike GT5 I can't fire him and get another driver. I'm stuck with this guy - union or something.

Back