GT6 challenge- Gauntlet Racing: Who wants to try something new!!!

Nismonath5

Premium
New Zealand
South Auckland, New Zealand
Nismonath5
Okay, so this is something I've been thinking about for a while now, and it's based on demolition derby racing... (This is gonna be good!) :mischievous:

I've been looking at the types of racing you see online in GT6. And occasionally you see a lobby that's titled "Dirty racing", which basically means you can smash into others, cut corners, and generally do anything else frowned upon in other lobbies. 👎

That got me thinking, could I invent a whole new breed of racing in GT6, a seamless mix of clean and dirty racing? And thus, the idea of Gauntlet Racing was concieved! :sly:

The idea behind Gauntlet Racing is simple. Two teams, eight drivers each. Two drivers from each team is a "Racer", who will drive a larger vehicle which I'm thinking will be just a normal sports car (R34 Skyline, Ford Mustang Boss 302, BMW M3, etc). Their job is to make it to the line, they're the ones actually racing. The six other drivers from each team is a "Blocker". They use a smaller, less powerful vehicle (Like an EK Civic Type R or Alpine A100). Their job is to stop the other team's racers from crossing the line, by any means necessary. Ramming, pushing, spinning, everything EXCEPT wrong-way driving!

Sound good? Now here's my ideas for regulations...
-No TCS or ASM
-Racing Medium tyres
-Oil change, no other performance mods
-"Reds vs Blues" teams, just keeps it simple!
-Drivers must have numbers for identification purposes
-No excessively long tracks (Preferrably under 10kms, so that drivers can pit if necessary)
-Damage... Light or heavy?
(Undecided)

I have no plans to make this a reality as of yet, I'm just putting out the feelers to see if there's any interest. Let me know what you think, and feel free to put forward your own ideas for regs, either here or inbox me!

Thanks for reading, cheers guys! :cheers:

Sounds like All Girl Flat Track Roller Derby...
"Healthy Girls" on Roller-skates -
Tight lycra uniforms - knee pads- elbow pads - helmets - full contact(No fish hooking, no eye gouging)
They have the same Blocker versus Jammer but it is a 4 blocker to 1 Jammer per team.

Basically Oval racing girls, in spandex... on wheels...

Usually the Blockers form a wall and it is very hard for a Jammer to slip past - if you leave the track boundaries you lose the lap (F1 could learn a thing about track limits from these ladies)

How are the blockers supposed to be able to keep up with the racers? Or is the idea that they would sit and wait for the racers to lap them?
Good point. Well the idea behind the whole "big car small car" thing was to clearly tell who's a racer and blocker in the heat of battle. Perhaps the blockers could be in a Mini Cooper S, or something else that could keep better pace against the bigger cars.

Hey nismo, something like that was done over at COTW if I remember correctly. There were 2 car teams with one person helping his teammate over the finish first by whatever means necessary. I think they may have used GT Area.

Hey nismo, something like that was done over at COTW if I remember correctly. There were 2 car teams with one person helping his teammate over the finish first by whatever means necessary. I think they may have used GT Area.
GT Arena would no doubt be a favourite thanks to its super compact layout. :sly: Kart Space would also be a pretty cool place, if you could drive full size cars on it, like back in GT5..

Other suitable tracks I've thought of are Autumn Ring Mini, Grand Valley East, Brands Hatch Indy, and Tsukuba..

Demolition derbies do something similar irl. The defense blockers are usually full size cars, and there is an offense team of mixed cars attempting to get an econobox through to the goal area. It looks like much more fun than the usual derby.
I've seen this too. Sometimes each team gets a non running small car they have to push around the track. You're allowed to do anything but hit the other teams small car

There's a similar game mode in DiRT 3 online. I have played it and it's fun, the only difference is that the racers drive Minis and the blockers drive group B cars.

Last edited:
How are the blockers supposed to be able to keep up with the racers? Or is the idea that they would sit and wait for the racers to lap them?
I have put a bit more thought into this, and prehaps the blockers could be allowed to drive the wrong way or sit and wait if they wish. They're not racing, they're running interference, so it wouldnt make sense to limit their freedom of movement.

Instead, the only rule for blockers would be that they may not pin and trap the opposing racer. However they can slow them right down, but then must let them go shortly after. Otherwise they could trap their opponent, and hold him there for the duration of the race which would suck.

Back