GT6 Community Mini Games

• Thread starter interpunct
  • 18 comments
United States
United States
Hey GTP! So idk about you guys but sometimes in my downtime I like to get into cops and robbers servers and drift servers to chill a bit between races and money grinding and I was just thinking about maybe mini games that we can make inside some GT6 course and get a big group of people to play.

For example. I know that I played soccer with my friends sometimes in GT5 back in the TGTT (I really miss it).

The rules of soccer were really simple:

No time limit. Usually the matches were fast.

Point limit is whatever you want to make it. 2 out of 3. 3 out of 5. Whatever works!

So all you had to do is push a lightweight car into the opponent teams goal lines. Usually we used a fiat or mini because those are small cars that can be painted white, are cheap to get and when put on some comfort hard tyres they slid like ice. And were a bit hard to hit when dodging other people because of how small they are.

There is no real class of cars that plays better. Usually everyone playing with pick ups and trucks were as exiting as using exotic cars that moved fast and pushed the mini really far. Obviously teams were colour coded and yes, it's totally legal to ram an opponent to try to make it so they couldn't hit the mini or fiat.

At the starting point the ball car was always put in the middle of the goal lines. The car that is being used itself isn't allow to move at all so we just told whoever was being the ball to just turn off the controller and watch the madness play out. A lot of laughs were had and it's been hard for me to find a way to implement this again in GT6 mostly because I've barely played the game when compared to GT5. :lol:

What are some of the things you guys did to have fun when you got bored of all the serious racing sometimes? Also a map below so you can have a better understanding of how we played it!
TopGearTestTrackLayout.jpg

I used to play tag a lot on the big willow. Rules were simple:
  1. Turn off all on screen information
  2. Assign somebody to be "it"
  3. Any vehicle is allowed, but for more excitement, drive a vehicle that doesn't have any work in headlights, for ex. a NASCAR vehicle.
  4. Change the time to midnight.

I used to play tag a lot on the big willow. Rules were simple:
  1. Turn off all on screen information
  2. Assign somebody to be "it"
  3. Any vehicle is allowed, but for more excitement, drive a vehicle that doesn't have any work in headlights, for ex. a NASCAR vehicle.
  4. Change the time to midnight.

Wow. I gotta try this sometime. But doesn't it make it too dark to see things?

I guess I'll try with headlights and without headlights. Must be a lot of fun.

haha, so how would you know who is who and who you should be running from? :lol:
Someone is assigned to be it. You just need to be on high alert so if you get close enough to see someone's name above their vehicle, it isn't the one who is it.

My god I've been spending too much time in SP. It is true that names are shown haha. Oh god this is a must. Do you have a group of friends big enough to attempt this? I'd love to try it honestly.

im loving this idea
I remember playing this with Swifts whenever I went around to a friends place (he had GT5, which I considered the best game ever at that time).

Also its called watch telly and do B spec while watching :)

In GT5, a friend and I played 'catch me if you can' on splitscreen.

One used a Kart, the other one some Hypercar or a very fast race car, a GT by Citroen Road Version for example. The track was mostly Daytona. The Kart driver gets a jump start to about half way round the track. Then the Hypercar driver needs to ram the kart as soon as possible, with the problem beeing that the kart is easily manouverable and so the hypercar needs to react as fast as possible :)

My younger brother and I sometimes play what we call "Cops and Robbers" one of us uses the pace car to try and wreck or pin the other into a wall in a given a mount of time/laps. I think this game would be far more effective with full 16 person lobby though...

Maybe a kind of banger racing, 2 directions, 2 or 4 teams, 1 short track and 1 or more video-referees.

- First, you need to pick a car everybody will drive. No tuning, totaly basic and no aids on. Colour you team car in the right colours and/or add the right racing numbers (1 till 4), I suggest the Camero racing car as the perfect banger car.

0ECC5417-0AD9-4DBC-8B7B-4B9B3FBB2464_zpsvc7xifyu.jpg

- A short track, like Tsukuba or Autumn Ring Mini. Or a bit longer, on Midfield Raceway / Deep Forest. Or maybe better, an oval track like the short Twing Ring Motegi Speedway. Well, many tracks to go.

- Number of laps driving + 1 minute finish time.

- Toss to choose the favourite direction for the first 2 teams. Team 3 will get the same racing direction as team 1, team 4 will gets automaticilly the direction of team 2.

- A video-referee (doesn't need to be a live referee), with replay function every driver is able to watch the race back and will judge over all the participants.

- Each driver/team will participate in this banger race with and against the ghost riders. Try to bang and push the opponent team in the same direction, try to avoid collisions from the opposity driving-direction teams.

- Complete the race (of ...laps) as fast as possible. The drivers in opposite direction will see their time after the race, as far they won't get noticed by the live-timing nad lap counts, their time will be calculated regarding the first car that finished in the good direction.

- It's possible to count the scores/points on 2 different ways. First place goes to the team with most places within top 5, or first place goes to first place. A driver from team 3 that wins, is team 3 that wins the race.

Personally I think this can be a very attractive and mind blowing Banger series. Good fun to race, epic to watch.

Back in GT5, a few friends and I used to play what we called "LIMBO". Everybody had comfort hard tires.

Drift LIMBO! Rules and Setup​

Drivers Needed - 3 or more

Setup - 2 drivers would sit in a rounded (if preferred). They would sit far enough apart so other cars could get in between them easily. After situated, they would set their e-brakes so there car would not move. The rest of the driver(s) will be on one side of the corner line up in single file. When the drivers in the corner are parked the fun begins.

Objective - One car from the line has to perform a drift through the parked cars.
It is considered successful if and only if the driver meets the following requirements: he does not make an e-brake turn off one of the parked cars, and he drifts rathers than drives straight throuh. This process is rinsed and repeated with additional rules that factor in as seen below.

Addition Rules:
Drivers who fail to complete the objective must park with the parked cars in the corner.
You may also change this rule so that the driver who get fails switches with one of the parked cars so you always have 2 cars parked in case of few amount of drivers.

In the RACE Fun Runs (check sig below) we did car soccer on the concrete part of the Daytona backstretch. We also did the tag at Willow, but we called it Slender as it fits better. Also, we did Russian drivers which is basically driving as horribly as possible. :lol:

In the RACE Fun Runs (check sig below) we did car soccer on the concrete part of the Daytona backstretch. We also did the tag at Willow, but we called it Slender as it fits better. Also, we did Russian drivers which is basically driving as horribly as possible. :lol:
Hopefully after the exam's, i would be able to play car soccer with you guys...

Back