GT6 Course Maker - Transfer failed

• Thread starter zawcranejr
  • 26 comments
Canada
Canada
Yesterday I was able to transfer just fine but today I'm having problems. When I press transfer one second later it says Transfer failed. I've already restarted my iPad and re logged into PSN on both iPad and PS3, but it didn't work.

Yesterday I was able to transfer just fine but today I'm having problems. When I press transfer one second later it says Transfer failed. I've already restarted my iPad and re logged into PSN on both iPad and PS3, but it didn't work.

Close all apps on iPad, reset your time settings to auto-set, and restart iPad. Should fix it.

This is what you do. Either open up the app when you have the game already on, or restart the app before you transfer, so the app can pick up your game. That's all you have to do.

I did everything you both said to fix the iPad, neither of them worked. Still getting "transfer failed". I thinking PD servers have been overwhelmed with the influx of traffic. Gonna try again tomorrow.

I have been getting this issue intermittently. Just try again in a few hours and it should work. It's probably just server overload.

I had this problem also, if you sign out of your account (in app) and then log back in, that should fix it. (Did for me anyway)
Good luck!

I signed out and tried to sign back in and it's freezing at the sign in screen or I'm stuck with a grey screen with a white circle. Any ideas?

Has same problem on iPad this morning. Transfer failed,but transferred from another device just fine. I shut down iPad,started it back up,opened app and signed in psn and then it worked.
Game isn't turned on,so you don't have to have gt6 running to transfer. I guess it holds it on their server till you decide to import it.

Has same problem on iPad this morning. Transfer failed,but transferred from another device just fine. I shut down iPad,started it back up,opened app and signed in psn and then it worked.
Game isn't turned on,so you don't have to have gt6 running to transfer. I guess it holds it on their server till you decide to import it.

Tried that. Still no luck.

Me neither. Sign in is freezing and even after restarting iPad and going to app it isn't working. And it's only morning here so is it really server overload?

I had this problem also, if you sign out of your account (in app) and then log back in, that should fix it. (Did for me anyway)
Good luck!
That did it for me, sign out then back in. Maybe a PSN security feature to lock out accounts "open" for too many hours.

This is what you do. Either open up the app when you have the game already on, or restart the app before you transfer, so the app can pick up your game. That's all you have to do.

It doesn't need to pick up the game, as it only transfers the data to your PSN account. I transferred my first track before I had even started the PS3 and installed the GT6 update.

Here is what I do when I get transfer failed:

1. Restart the iPad
2. Start the app.
3. Log on inside the app (if I'm already logged on I log out first).

That usually does the trick, but if it still doesn't work, just wait for a while and try again later.

Getting hit with the 'transfer failed' notice this morning. No issues yesterday. Trying the remedies in this thread but no luck. Will keep trying...

EDIT: Working now. As usual, eran0004 is right on the money :) 👍

Last edited:
I signed out and tried to sign back in and it's freezing at the sign in screen or I'm stuck with a grey screen with a white circle. Any ideas?

I would recommend not using Tony Danza as your profile pic. That should fix your issue.

It doesn't need to pick up the game, as it only transfers the data to your PSN account. I transferred my first track before I had even started the PS3 and installed the GT6 update.

Here is what I do when I get transfer failed:

1. Restart the iPad
2. Start the app.
3. Log on inside the app (if I'm already logged on I log out first).

That usually does the trick, but if it still doesn't work, just wait for a while and try again later.

I got it working finally and I had this issue, but I didn't even need to log out. Just restarted my iPad and boom, data transferred.

ok ive made a track and tried to transfer it. for a split second it says transferring but then "Transfer failed"
i cant logout of SEN becasue if i do i need to reinstall the app or i get stuck in a loop of clicking log in, i log in then it says to return to the application but when i do im not logged in and if i press log in again it wants me to log in a second time over and over

Edit: I got it to work disregard this post

Last edited:
ok ive made a track and tried to transfer it. for a split second it says transferring but then "Transfer failed"
i cant logout of SEN becasue if i do i need to reinstall the app or i get stuck in a loop of clicking log in, i log in then it says to return to the application but when i do im not logged in and if i press log in again it wants me to log in a second time over and over

Edit: I got it to work disregard this post

Would be interesting to know what you did to make it work "again"!?
I write "again" between quotes because I have created one course finally and fail to Transfer it since 6 hours now!
This really sucks!

In he App on the tablet I click on the "Transfer" button, then opens the PSN-Sign In Page, I enter my Password and am told that I am signed in and I can go back to continue with my App.
When I continue and return to the App, all I get is this:

tempFileForShare%281%29.jpg

Which simply translated into English is just to say: "Sign In Not Possible".
I can Play this game over and over again, always with the same result (while I have to sign in on the PSN-Site newly every time instead of staying logged in).
Is there no other way to get my course on to my PS3 / PSN ???:confused: :confused: :confused:
Thanks!

Would be interesting to know what you did to make it work "again"!?
I write "again" between quotes because I have created one course finally and fail to Transfer it since 6 hours now!
This really sucks!

In he App on the tablet I click on the "Transfer" button, then opens the PSN-Sign In Page, I enter my Password and am told that I am signed in and I can go back to continue with my App.
When I continue and return to the App, all I get is this:

tempFileForShare%281%29.jpg

Which simply translated into English is just to say: "Sign In Not Possible".
I can Play this game over and over again, always with the same result (while I have to sign in on the PSN-Site newly every time instead of staying logged in).
Is there no other way to get my course on to my PS3 / PSN ???:confused: :confused: :confused:
Thanks!

Assuming you are using an Android device, I would suggest trying to use a different Web Browser. If you are using Chrome try using the built in Web browser, or vice-versa. I know when I tried the first time Chrome would not let me log in, so I went into my phone's settings and cleared my default settings for all my Web browsers to allow me to choose which Web browser to use to open the link from the course maker... Good Luck! And if you need further clarification or help let me know!
:cheers:

Assuming you are using an Android device, I would suggest trying to use a different Web Browser. If you are using Chrome try using the built in Web browser, or vice-versa. I know when I tried the first time Chrome would not let me log in, so I went into my phone's settings and cleared my default settings for all my Web browsers to allow me to choose which Web browser to use to open the link from the course maker... Good Luck! And if you need further clarification or help let me know!
:cheers:

Thanks, but the browser is not the problem.
One of my friends has found the solution for me:
The Play Station-App and the Track-Editor do not play well together.
The solution is to freeze (or uninstall) the Play Station-App on the tablet, then the upload worked like a charm!
Many thanks though, maybe it helps the many others who have the same problem!

Back