GT6 crashes console

Australia
Australia
Nauraushaun
Every time I play GT6, within the first couple of minutes the console shuts off completely. There's no warning or error message to help me diagnose it.
It started randomly doing it a few months ago. I've tried formatting my PS3's storage, manually deleting the game's data and redownloading, and clearing network cache. It doesn't matter if I'm in a race or not, it still happens. No other game has ever done it.
It's an ol' 80gb phatty.

I just want to play the game :( Is there any way I can diagnose this?

I know them feels, from launch date till june of last year, I had the exact same problem. The only way I was able to fix it was to buy a new 500gb slim (Or super slim. I don't know.) My old ps3 was about 7 years old and it had run it's course. Gran turismo 6 is just such a massive game that the older systems can't handle it.

It's a disk version.

It's not that my system can't handle it per se. I got the game on release, I've done every event and I've probably played it at least every fortnight since it came out. It has handled it before, now it can't. Damn pain.

My 7 yr old fatty can handle it pretty well, never had this issue. I do question how longer my console has left though...

I had a hard freeze problem on GTAV and it turned out to be a tiny scratch on the disc, had to buy a new disc and sure enough it stopped hard freezing. Not implying that this was the case with you but you never know. You have to check every avenue of possibility with these things.

Seems like a long shot, especially if it's not freezing at a particular point. I'll check the disc though, you're right.

hi i'm not in the right thread but i want to tell that my ps3 from 2 days to now can't stay it on, i turn on and after few minutes it turn off from itself and the red light disappear like it have not power,i change power cable,still the same, i've always put the ps3 near fresh open zone, well ventilated, now can't stay it on for about 2 minutes with or without any disc inside, plus the warranty is over(i play gt6 only in the last about 2 years).

hi i'm not in the right thread but i want to tell that my ps3 from 2 days to now can't stay it on, i turn on and after few minutes it turn off from itself and the red light disappear like it have not power,i change power cable,still the same, i've always put the ps3 near fresh open zone, well ventilated, now can't stay it on for about 2 minutes with or without any disc inside, plus the warranty is over(i play gt6 only in the last about 2 years).
I think you need to take your PS3 to a repair shop or by another PS3.

Ahah,you right ofcourse, but the idea to spend euros for who know how long will be usable after repairing, make me sad so much, so now i just saw the super slim with hhd combo, on amazon, i put the save data in pendrive, now the hard decision is buy another ps3 for play gt6 only, or wait for ps4 gt title? My unlucky is that at this moment we don't have an exactly date for the day of release.:confused:
Any tips ? I saw ps3 super slim m chassis and 250gb hdd from germany ,with the sony hdd adaptor , will go good for gt6?

Ahah,you right ofcourse, but the idea to spend euros for who know how long will be usable after repairing, make me sad so much, so now i just saw the super slim with hhd combo, on amazon, i put the save data in pendrive, now the hard decision is buy another ps3 for play gt6 only, or wait for ps4 gt title? My unlucky is that at this moment we don't have an exactly date for the day of release.:confused:
Any tips ? I saw ps3 super slim m chassis and 250gb hdd from germany ,with the sony hdd adaptor , will go good for gt6?
It is up to you if you get another PS3 or not, but if I had a problem with my PS3 slim now I would definitely get another one. 👍

So thanks for hijacking my thread. How hard is it to make your own? It's seriously that easy.

Anyway I tried restoring file system and database again. Checked the disc, seems perfect. Tried a trick you can use to clean the PS3 without opening it. Nothing.
Tried putting my hand near the fan while GT was running, it doesn't seem abnormally hot at all.
That's all I got. I'm not replacing it if it only happens for one game, so I guess I'll just wait for it to get worse, or GT7 to come out.

My 7 yr old fatty can handle it pretty well, never had this issue. I do question how longer my console has left though...

I had a hard freeze problem on GTAV and it turned out to be a tiny scratch on the disc, had to buy a new disc and sure enough it stopped hard freezing. Not implying that this was the case with you but you never know. You have to check every avenue of possibility with these things.
Dude, you could have just tried resurfacing it right?

My ps3 did the same with gt6. It started happening after the 1.16 update if memory serves me. I had disc read issues last year that started with gtaV and gt6, and ended up burning out my laser, and I think it was those two games that did it as they are so hard on the entire system. I replaced it with a brand new one, and it worked perfect until the freezing issues with gt6 after the update. Once they started it would freeze once every time I played the game, and when I'd try to exit the game or turn off the system, the whole thing would crash and require unplugging it (power button wouldn't do anything). This was with a 120gb slim. It eventually died a few weeks ago. Freezes and crashes whenever you try do anything, even trying to load the web browser.

So thanks for hijacking my thread. How hard is it to make your own? It's seriously that easy.

Anyway I tried restoring file system and database again. Checked the disc, seems perfect. Tried a trick you can use to clean the PS3 without opening it. Nothing.
Tried putting my hand near the fan while GT was running, it doesn't seem abnormally hot at all.
That's all I got. I'm not replacing it if it only happens for one game, so I guess I'll just wait for it to get worse, or GT7 to come out.

Who had hijacking your thread ?
This comunity is free to write stuff that seems to have something to share with the thread title ,here a lot of people speak of crashes and freezings, both me have this kind of issues,it shouldn't create a new one thread that speak of the same thing.

abandon-thread-gif-cats.gif

Maybe, if it's the same issue. If it's a separate and loosely related issue, posting it here only fragments the discussion. I'm less likely to get help, and he's less likely to as well compared to making a specific thread. Everybody loses.

When it crashes it briefly flashes a yellow light, I think it's a form of YLOD. Most people say it will get worse, so we'll see.

Back