GT6 Difficulty Settings Idea, what do you think?

• Thread starter GT55YW
  • 26 comments

Would you like a difficulty setting implemented on the next GT?

• Total voters
GT55YW
I would really like a difficulty setting. As in, the current mode is easy mode. Then there is intermediate, hard, and professional.

Easy Mode:
All driving aids can go to 10, and no damage is enabled. No repair costs, and all purchasable things are 200% (twice as much) as expensive, cars and parts and so on.

Intermediate Mode:
All driving aids can go to 5, and mechanical damage is enabled on weak. No repair costs, and all purchasable things are 170% as expensive.

Hard Mode:
All driving aids can go to 1, and mechanical damage is enabled on strong. Repair costs are at value X(x is a very low realistic value for the repairs), and all purchasable things are 130% as expensive. Races can be DNF by damage.

Professional Mode:
All driving aids are restricted to 0, and mechanical damage is enabled on strong. Repair costs are at x2 (Twice the value of Hard mode, and this should be an estimate of actual cost), and all purchasable things are 100% as expensive. Races can be DNF by damage.

In case someone wants to move up and change, their money will not stay the same. If you move from easy to pro, your money would be divided in half. If one tries to dupe and switch modes, their money will be divided to compensate.

Between races, if a car is DNFed from crashing, they must be repaired before racing that vehicle again. Switching to easy/intermediate mode will fix all vehicles as a fail safe.

This setup would be an easy way to curve novices, or "noobs" from crashing around a course and getting the same cash and exp as an individual who has a flawless race w/o any driving aids.

These 100% would apply to credits earned and also exp, assuming it (EXP) makes it to GT6.

Can I have some feedback on this? I know it doesn't really matter and obviously it will never be implicated into GT6, but who knows if something that gets brought up can be of use.

Oh great, another wishlist...

Aside from that this is actually a pretty good idea. In the past Gran Turismo has used standard and professional physics options. So this option has already been implemented (excluding the part about raising prices) but they took it out of GT5 for some reason. But personally, I like being able to have one physics set and just adjust from there to fit my needs. Good idea, but I like GT physics the way they are.

Last edited:
I was liking the idea until I heard about cutting peoples money in half and things are more expensive depending on what level your on. Why not just give people better rewards the higher the difficulty for example - Lemans race -easy 10,000 inter -50,000 hard- 100,000 pro- 250,000.

Also Pro should be like racing the best racers on GT becuase A-spec to me is boring my granny could beat the AI in A-spec.

Difficulty settings would be great, though the GT2 method was best for me, limiting the cars entering the race power, weight and tires created better races, but as could be seen in other threads some people hated that.

Some form of increased difficulty is needed IMO. I don't like spending 2 hours on 1 race to get a car tuned to a level where I can get an exciting race. Some like it, some don't. I'd prefer more options, and like the idea of having an xp and credit bonus for higher difficulty levels.

And increasing "difficulty" as you progress really isn't a setting. You don't have a choice there. And most of the time it still takes ages to get a competitive race.

I'm sure someone will probably say that's what online racing is for, but as has been pointed out some people don't have low latency internet, don't want to join a lobby and have to handle disrespectful people and kids that bash into you, want to race a certain class of cars that they want to race etc.

So I like the OP's idea, something similar would be nice, and it gives the player more options and more of a challenge.

Not sure about the OP linking difficulty level with credits. Realistic damage would be good. But paying for damage is a bit NFS Pro Street, and I didn't like it that much.

I would simply like the challenge of starting a race knowing that one huge shunt and its game over - and if those races were part of a championship where you couldn't restart the race, well, that would make you consider your driving style and aptitude.

(Anyone remember the F1-style races in Toca 2? Hit a wall and break your suspension, wheel comes off - that was cool!)

I would really like a difficulty setting. As in, the current mode is easy mode. Then there is intermediate, hard, and professional.

Easy Mode:
All driving aids can go to 10, and no damage is enabled. No repair costs, and all purchasable things are 200% (twice as much) as expensive, cars and parts and so on.

Intermediate Mode:
All driving aids can go to 5, and mechanical damage is enabled on weak. No repair costs, and all purchasable things are 170% as expensive.

Hard Mode:
All driving aids can go to 1, and mechanical damage is enabled on strong. Repair costs are at value X(x is a very low realistic value for the repairs), and all purchasable things are 130% as expensive. Races can be DNF by damage.

Professional Mode:
All driving aids are restricted to 0, and mechanical damage is enabled on strong. Repair costs are at x2 (Twice the value of Hard mode, and this should be an estimate of actual cost), and all purchasable things are 100% as expensive. Races can be DNF by damage.

In case someone wants to move up and change, their money will not stay the same. If you move from easy to pro, your money would be divided in half. If one tries to dupe and switch modes, their money will be divided to compensate.

Between races, if a car is DNFed from crashing, they must be repaired before racing that vehicle again. Switching to easy/intermediate mode will fix all vehicles as a fail safe.

This setup would be an easy way to curve novices, or "noobs" from crashing around a course and getting the same cash and exp as an individual who has a flawless race w/o any driving aids.

These 100% would apply to credits earned and also exp, assuming it (EXP) makes it to GT6.

Can I have some feedback on this? I know it doesn't really matter and obviously it will never be implicated into GT6, but who knows if something that gets brought up can be of use.

I love the way you think! This is eactly what GT6 needs to take console racing games to the net level. But I doubt we will ever see it happen...

All GT needs is adequate AI and that's it. Difficulty settings should be left to Arcade Mode, which should also hark back to GT1 and GT3 days for the next game, I feel.

I think that AI difficulty should influence only the AI pace, and I think tire and power restrictions are needed in A-spec mode. I really don't see why difficulty should influence the cost of reparations or upgrades. Plus I would prefer a customizable difficulty menu, where you can decide the intensity of damages, the AI pace and other stuff by yourself, even if I would set everything to the max, but I think a more flexible menu would be better to suit everyone's preferences.

Yes, I would like something like this, in term of "realism presets".
I would use them for online races too.

No!

We don't need more dictates on how to play the game, or archaic EXP.

PD, already had the best difficulty system in GT4, with A-spec points.
Granted it needed some more refinement and consistency.

But that way the difficulty is engaged completely by player choice and all other options are left open.

Additionally, this creates a complete unknown mystery challenge within the game.

This approach is totally unique, and far superior IMO, to any other, in a racing game.

as I posted somewhere, forza series rewards system is the best one by far, in which you earn more credits by removing driving assists.

It encourages the player to try the game the way the developers intended it to be played (in gt6 hopefully in forced cockpit view without the hud too), which means experiencing the game completely, without removing parts of it by using assists.
TC removes a lot of throttle control, ABS1 in gt5 means arcade easy mode braking, then there's the driving line, third person view, gear indicator, racing tires and so on. Finally, SRF removes....everything.

and about repairing costs, I hope all that is removed in GT6 entirely. Changing the oil of the car or repairing its engine adds no fun nor realism to the game, plus it means wasting a lot of time in the largest loading time menu of the game that also can't be accessed in car settings when playing.

and about repairing costs, I hope all that is removed in GT6 entirely. Changing the oil of the car or repairing its engine adds no fun nor realism to the game, plus it means wasting a lot of time in the largest loading time menu of the game that also can't be accessed in car settings when playing.
Still, things like using old sets of tires (if tire wear were carried out between races) could add to the strategy and realism in certain race series (credit budget-limited, a series of races with a limited number of allowed tire sets, etc). Damage too if carried over could have strategic relevance in certain races, especially if in addition to credits each component requires "time units". Certain rally racing games I played in the past had this feature. In the end, it encouraged driving cleanly and strategically.

As for wasting time, it all depends on the user interface. That currently it makes users waste a lot of time it's a deliberate choice by PD. The process could be made as quick and easy as clicking a simple button in the tuning screen (which PD could use as a hub to access other features instead of forcing players to get out of it each time he needs to perform GT Auto operations, purchasing permanent car modifications, change a car, etc).

sure, if the tire and mechanical damage models get dramatically improved, including air pressure, flat spots and a more realistic clutch for example.

Those things are an addition to the game, both in the simulation and fun aspects, but going through endless menus isn't.

I think I have spent more time in the menus and loading times than actually playing the game, whereas (again relying on comparisons) in the forza series (or in almost any pc sim for that matter) you can play with almost any car you want in a minute and fully tune it in-game. After a year I still can't do so in GT5, and if I want to try new cars online, which is the fastest way to do so, all of them would benefit from an oil change.

I don't think it's a deliberate choice. My bet is that PD got behind of times after not releasing a major title in more than 5 years.
That explains a lot of the issues present in GT5 1.00 and even to this day.

These days a correct interface is the one that interferes as little as possible. Here are some ideas for GT6:
- Getting rid of GT auto entirely (wash, oil change, repairing). It simply adds nothing to the experience, and it's the single biggest time wasting menu of the whole game;
- Making the tuning menu fully accessible in-game, including the addition of permanent car modifications such as aero parts, rm and painting it, and increasing chassis rigidity, as you already can in PC sims;
- Garage available in offline modes such as A and B-spec events and practice mode. This could be done in GT5 since it already works in online rooms and seasonal events, and it makes it way easier to tune multiple cars;
- More options for searching your cars, for example being able to type the name of the car or the manufacturer, and creating car groups;
- Buying multiple cars at the same time in the NCD, UCD and in the online dealership without the animations for each car;
- UCD and online dealership should have 50 cars;
- Simpler DLC car tickets, for example one ticket for DLC pack #1 and another one for #2. I had to use about 40 of those including my 2 accounts;
- Ability to select the default menus in the general options of the game. For example being able to choose that when I start the game it'll go straight into GT mode, or that when I go to the garage it goes to premium cars and not to "my favorites".

I hope they will remove oil change in GT6, or at least the oil change as it is now. In the real world there is no oil that grants you 20-30 HP gain, it just messes up the stock power level of every car in the game. That's why I never do oil changes on my stock road cars.
If they won't take it off, at least they can make it that if you don't change oil every 1000km your engine will have a failure, but in this way it becomes a little pointless.

In regards of forcing people to play in cockpit with no hud, it just makes no sense at all. I play mostly in roof cam because it shows more what you see if you are in a real car. In a real car you don't look in a screen that have another steering wheel (other than your DFGT, G25 or whathever you use) and another "screen" that shows you everything out of the car.

Oh great, another wishlist...

Aside from that this is actually a pretty good idea. In the past Gran Turismo has used standard and professional physics options. So this option has already been implemented (excluding the part about raising prices) but they took it out of GT5 for some reason. But personally, I like being able to have one physics set and just adjust from there to fit my needs. Good idea, but I like GT physics the way they are.

This wouldn't adjust in game physics at all, this would just be the setting to determine payouts and what can be enabled on the vehicle.

This game already has different difficulty settings: harder races as you progress through the game.

Are you serious? Have you played the game? lol The races don't get ANY harder, they simply have AI in faster or more complicated cars. The difficulty of doing the Nascar event is only dictated by ones ability to drive a Nascar. The game would be way more difficult if cars took on damage, and it affected game play.

I was liking the idea until I heard about cutting peoples money in half and things are more expensive depending on what level your on. Why not just give people better rewards the higher the difficulty for example - Lemans race -easy 10,000 inter -50,000 hard- 100,000 pro- 250,000.

Also Pro should be like racing the best racers on GT becuase A-spec to me is boring my granny could beat the AI in A-spec.

AI sensitivity could also be edited, but this system could be 100% implimented without any changes or innovations, rather factors we already have used properly. And ones money only cuts in half if they switch from easy mode to pro mode, so people don't try to dupe the system. If this wasn't in the game people would make 10,000,000 in easy mode, then switch to pro for the cheaper prices and take advantage.

I get what you are saying regarding cash. You want to just make more money than the other people who use aids and can't drive. But I don't want it to be easier for us, the game is easy enough to get cash as it is. I want to slow down the people who don't play the game right, and buy lamborghini's to drive backwards on indy with. I don't get the point of damage if we never use it. We might as well take it all out and add something worth while.

Not sure about the OP linking difficulty level with credits. Realistic damage would be good. But paying for damage is a bit NFS Pro Street, and I didn't like it that much.

I would simply like the challenge of starting a race knowing that one huge shunt and its game over - and if those races were part of a championship where you couldn't restart the race, well, that would make you consider your driving style and aptitude.

(Anyone remember the F1-style races in Toca 2? Hit a wall and break your suspension, wheel comes off - that was cool!)

Actually, and I do say this as a fact, Paying for damage is not a bit like nfs pro whatever, it's more like real life. If you drive into something hard enough, your car doesn't work anymore. If you just side swipe someone, you can still drive, but do it enough and your car NEEDS to be repaired to drive. If you can't handle the Pro mode, you're welcome to use hard or inter or easy.

Jav
I love the way you think! This is eactly what GT6 needs to take console racing games to the net level. But I doubt we will ever see it happen...

I know, seriously.

I think that AI difficulty should influence only the AI pace, and I think tire and power restrictions are needed in A-spec mode. I really don't see why difficulty should influence the cost of reparations or upgrades. Plus I would prefer a customizable difficulty menu, where you can decide the intensity of damages, the AI pace and other stuff by yourself, even if I would set everything to the max, but I think a more flexible menu would be better to suit everyone's preferences.

What your describing at the end sounds more like arcade options than in game. I mean in a race career, one doesn't control other's pace and so on.

Well, a pro racer has to be accountable for what he does to his car. Just because someone pro crashes their car, some fairies don't come and fix it...it costs money to rebuild or replace, someone pays for it. If you want to bounce around the track and not pay to fix damage, you can lower your level. But this method makes the cash payout stay in balance. If you play hard/pro you have the risk of paying for damage and not finishing races. If you run easy mode, everything costs you more because it's not realistic racing. I mean are you employed? If you have a real job, compare that to something like working in fast food. If you're job is way easier, you won't make nearly as much. We can't just get everything we want in the world.

*I'm sure there are plenty of jobs that are easy and pay well, but that's not my point.

No!

We don't need more dictates on how to play the game, or archaic EXP.

PD, already had the best difficulty system in GT4, with A-spec points.
Granted it needed some more refinement and consistency.

But that way the difficulty is engaged completely by player choice and all other options are left open.

Additionally, this creates a complete unknown mystery challenge within the game.

This approach is totally unique, and far superior IMO, to any other, in a racing game.

I would love 200 A Spec on here, and instead of the sign in every day reward, we could just have that multiply cash. That would be a nice alternative idea, infering it would take into account driving aids. I always though A spec just took into account vehicle mods compared to the other vehicles, rather than damage modes which we have now, also vehicle mods, and driving aids.

as I posted somewhere, forza series rewards system is the best one by far, in which you earn more credits by removing driving assists.

It encourages the player to try the game the way the developers intended it to be played (in gt6 hopefully in forced cockpit view without the hud too), which means experiencing the game completely, without removing parts of it by using assists.
TC removes a lot of throttle control, ABS1 in gt5 means arcade easy mode braking, then there's the driving line, third person view, gear indicator, racing tires and so on. Finally, SRF removes....everything.

I like oil changes and all of that, I just would like to be able to do some of it some where else. Yea, rigidity and engine rebuilds can't be done during a race in a pit, but at the before start screen, I should be able to get an oil change, and do the non reversible things.

I would love 200 A Spec on here, and instead of the sign in every day reward, we could just have that multiply cash. That would be a nice alternative idea, infering it would take into account driving aids. I always though A spec just took into account vehicle mods compared to the other vehicles, rather than damage modes which we have now, also vehicle mods, and driving aids.

There are many options for applying rewards to the A-Spec points system. Credits, cars, additional content, etc.

The driving aids are pretty useless on the upper points end, other than maybe a little TCS and ABS.

Damage mode will require some needed changes, since as applied in GT4, some hard contact was required with the AI and the wall at times.

While this did require a skilled approach, it was way outside the boundaries of any realism.

A little of this element should probably be retained, although overall, I think it must be scaled back quite a bit.

Likewise, I would love to see it refined and implemeted in GT6.

Here is hoping to a Super Cell processor (multi threaded?) for the PS4, where major calcualtions can be devoted to what I hope to see called: Adaptive AI, where a bunch of AI drivers can learn from the way you have been driving, and go from there. You can even train them, or have them trained in your favorite online race sessions. Experience gained based on your and your rival(s) driving style, no more of this pre-set algorithm BS we have had for the last era of gaming.

Then you can take yourself and your team of 3 adapted learnt AI Bobs to the 24hr online Nurburging challenge. That would be a dream game come true.

What your describing at the end sounds more like arcade options than in game. I mean in a race career, one doesn't control other's pace and so on.

Well, a pro racer has to be accountable for what he does to his car. Just because someone pro crashes their car, some fairies don't come and fix it...it costs money to rebuild or replace, someone pays for it. If you want to bounce around the track and not pay to fix damage, you can lower your level. But this method makes the cash payout stay in balance. If you play hard/pro you have the risk of paying for damage and not finishing races. If you run easy mode, everything costs you more because it's not realistic racing. I mean are you employed? If you have a real job, compare that to something like working in fast food. If you're job is way easier, you won't make nearly as much. We can't just get everything we want in the world.

*I'm sure there are plenty of jobs that are easy and pay well, but that's not my point.

I said that a Difficulty menu will suit better everyone's preferences, because GT5 is not played only by talented/hardcore gamers, we have to accept that, but I have to admit that it's not suitable for career mode because would make it like an arcade game. Anyway if I could choose, I would make Career with the highest AI pace possible, with realistic damages and with repairing costs. They should anyway add qualify sessions, to give us the possibility to start the race where we deserve. I don't like the gimmick change of repairing / upgrading costs you explained in the OP basically because it makes no sense, a Viper ACR in real life costs 100.000 € regardless how much you are talented, that's all.

I like oil changes and all of that, I just would like to be able to do some of it some where else. Yea, rigidity and engine rebuilds can't be done during a race in a pit, but at the before start screen, I should be able to get an oil change, and do the non reversible things.

I see your point here, they should make it available in the "Setting" menu for every car (I also don't know why they don't allow you to do weight reduction or Engine upgrades in the Setting menu). I was just saying that Oil changes never gives you HP gain in real life, it's just stupid and unrealistic in my opinion.

Actually, and I do say this as a fact, Paying for damage is not a bit like nfs pro whatever, it's more like real life. If you drive into something hard enough, your car doesn't work anymore. If you just side swipe someone, you can still drive, but do it enough and your car NEEDS to be repaired to drive. If you can't handle the Pro mode, you're welcome to use hard or inter or easy.

That's not a fact, that's a simile;) But luckily this thread is asking for opinions - hence the title "...what do you think?💡

I said that a Difficulty menu will suit better everyone's preferences, because GT5 is not played only by talented/hardcore gamers, we have to accept that, but I have to admit that it's not suitable for career mode because would make it like an arcade game. Anyway if I could choose, I would make Career with the highest AI pace possible, with realistic damages and with repairing costs. They should anyway add qualify sessions, to give us the possibility to start the race where we deserve. I don't like the gimmick change of repairing / upgrading costs you explained in the OP basically because it makes no sense, a Viper ACR in real life costs 100.000 € regardless how much you are talented, that's all.

I see your point here, they should make it available in the "Setting" menu for every car (I also don't know why they don't allow you to do weight reduction or Engine upgrades in the Setting menu). I was just saying that Oil changes never gives you HP gain in real life, it's just stupid and unrealistic in my opinion.

It makes no sense. I will try to make it extra easy to understand.

GT5 wants to simulate real life racing.
In real life, professional racing, there are little to no driving aids, and damage.
Costs to repair.

Now, what if you could drive w/o risk? Crash your car up, fly into walls, and use full driving aids. Because no money is spent on repairs and damages, there is a curve. That goes into paying more for parts and cars, and so on. Also, this makes people who do not learn to improve their driving work much harder to gain money. So grinding on easy, ie: rubberbanding a controller to drag on a wall, will not be so profitable.

Is that clear? I don't mean it in a rude way, I just want you to understand the pressure to become a better driver and race the way PD most likely intends, being w/o aids. I know I wouldn't be on Pro. I use ABS 1, and I have tried but don't care to spend the time learning how to brake on 0 with a DS3. So, I would take the penalty, or learn how to do it at 0. Surely, working on Easy, Inter, or Hard, one can make the game harder. Say using Easy mode and wanting to make a jump, slowly making other things harder. One could play on Easy mode w/ Pro standards, if one wanted to.

Your second point regarding hp, I think there could be some truth to oil changes, at least the way presented. I mean if you took whatever stock car you drive in real life, and you replaced your oil with synthetic oil for high performance, performance oil filter change, and other things I don't know about, I could see getting 5% ish back from it. I mean, I think that's about average for a newer vehicle. It should be higher after say, 10,000 miles w/o one.

That's not a fact, that's a simile;) But luckily this thread is asking for opinions - read the title "...what do you think?💡

I'm sorry friend, I didn't mean your statement was not true, I meant that this is a fact:

In real life, if damage is done to a vehicle, there are consequences.

Usually money, unless one is a mechanic and has lots of free resources. And then it's still time. The point is, it adds real life consequence.

I'm sorry friend, I didn't mean your statement was not true, I meant that this is a fact:

In real life, if damage is done to a vehicle, there are consequences.

Usually money, unless one is a mechanic and has lots of free resources. And then it's still time. The point is, it adds real life consequence.

:tup:No worries, that's cool. :)

It makes no sense. I will try to make it extra easy to understand.

GT5 wants to simulate real life racing.
In real life, professional racing, there are little to no driving aids, and damage.
Costs to repair.

Now, what if you could drive w/o risk? Crash your car up, fly into walls, and use full driving aids. Because no money is spent on repairs and damages, there is a curve. That goes into paying more for parts and cars, and so on. Also, this makes people who do not learn to improve their driving work much harder to gain money. So grinding on easy, ie: rubberbanding a controller to drag on a wall, will not be so profitable.

Is that clear? I don't mean it in a rude way, I just want you to understand the pressure to become a better driver and race the way PD most likely intends, being w/o aids. I know I wouldn't be on Pro. I use ABS 1, and I have tried but don't care to spend the time learning how to brake on 0 with a DS3. So, I would take the penalty, or learn how to do it at 0. Surely, working on Easy, Inter, or Hard, one can make the game harder. Say using Easy mode and wanting to make a jump, slowly making other things harder. One could play on Easy mode w/ Pro standards, if one wanted to.

The fact is that driving clean is not a "skill" to me, but is just a behaviour that everybody needs to learn and to use in a racing game that claims itself as "simulative". In the OP you said that in Easy and Intermediate mode there will be no repairing costs, and no damages at all on Easy. It's just wrong to me. If you want to play career, then accept the fact that if you slam the wall at 200 Km/h it's game over and your car is destroyed. If one needs to practice, he/she can just go in Practice Mode, where I can see a point of an option to disable damages (as it is now), I mean, in practice you don't win anything, so let the player disable them.

Speaking of driving assists as they are now, they just slows you down (except for SRF that I hope they will drop in the next game and, in another way, ABS), so I think that they can allow you to use them in any race, it's just a disadvantage over you.

So, the only thing that remains in the "difficulty" list is AI pace. You said that one shouldn't be able to modify the AI pace in career because it sounds arcadish : well, PD should just make the AI as fast as they can, maybe at a level where they are anyway beatable, and less bounded to "rails" and racing line, more active in the race and more reactive to what happens around them.

Plus, if they add power, weight, PP and Tires restrictions (or just some of them in each race) it will make a much fair match against the AI. It's obvious that a casual racer, if allowed to use his Bugatti Veyron against little french cars such the Peugeot 207, he will use it and slam the opposition even if he's a bad driver.

These little implements I listed would make difficulty settings pretty useless in my opinion, because bad unfair drivers are forced to drive clean if they want to do career, and less skilled player are allowed to use aids such as TC if they find the game too much challenging without them, at the cost of a slower pace.

I like the idea of a learning curve to allow people to learn how to drive without assists, but for that they can use License Tests, that in GT5 became nearly useless, one can ignore them for the entire career without any drawback, or even Special Events; look at the AMG academy : it's a great way for newbies to learn the Nordschleife, and in a similar way the can implements Licence Tests where one is challenged to drive powerful cars without TC on sports hard, or to brake in a certain distance without ABS, etcetera. If they make License Tests in such a way, I think every new player will do them and improve their skills. It wil be a lot better than a difficulty system that allows you to beat the game without (or with little) effort.

I must say that's a great thread, many good Ideas are coming out of this, and is a good way to discuss different ideas with polite and smart people 👍

The only thing I disagree with is that traction control will slow you down. Now for me, and most likely you, 100% agree. But I know quite a few people who need tc to move. Well, move in a straight line rather than circles.

A person I knew who is...less favorable in character, started playing GT5 and he was flying through the game. He had a lamborghini, and was really advancing quickly. I asked him if he had a GT yet, and gifted him a custom one as a friendly gift. We started playing online, and in my rooms I only allow ABS. My goodness, he may be the very worse driver ever.

He had no initiative to improve, and didn't care one bit because he made money so easily. I have quite a few friends who play with lower settings, but everyone uses different things. I am the 'badass' because I only use ABS, and at 1 lol

I'm sure you've seen someone who isn't of legal age to drive a car try to drive a veyron w/o aids...lol

If the system worked like it did in GT4, we wouldn't have such a void in GT5. I'd like the old tests back, and the % bonus to be based on A spec points. Anything past 100 gets extra cash, up to doubling.

I agree with your points, I just whine enough online, I want to innovate and think of ideas for the future rather than bring up how sweet GT4 is.

Here's my idea from the "Biggest Game-Changing Feature" thread that GT5 & earlier games are missing and would make GT6 infinitely better (along with other improvements):

"With setting the difficulty level or something when you first start the game or in the A-Spec options, have the AI, tire/fuel wear, time/weather, damage/repair and amount of laps in ALL races dynamically adjust to your driver skill level (i.e. Your License Rank) so you never have to worry about crappy difficult level for advanced drivers, or copies of existing races/championships like in Gran Turismo 3 (Beginner/Amateur/Professional with the same challenge again and again? :crazy: 👎 ), then include adjusting the AI's tuning setup to yours, so for those of us who want to enjoy our fully-tuned cars to the maximum, we can have the AI have their cars adjusted to near or at fully-tuned capacity so we NEVER have to DOWNTUNE our beautiful cars and for having ultra-tight competition. Finally, to those of us who want to be rewarded for increasing the difficulty of the race with factors I mentioned before like laps, damage & AI to the max, increase the credit rewards as you increase the difficulty with these things.

I'm telling you, this will make the game TEN times better and the average user score from 8.5 to 9.5 with an awesome feature like this. :sly: :cheers: "

This is what nearly every GT game should have, if old ones (GT1-4) were remade, the current ones (GT PSP/5) were patched, and/or the when the newer ones (GT6, why any more?) are being made or are made.
:nervous: :indiff:

Last edited:
Back