gt6 drift battles cash payouts

does this sound like something you my be interested in?

• Total voters
United States
ft.worth,texas
slidinsidewayz_2
haha f*** a xbox
I am currently organizing a few different drift events. 1 will be with cash payouts,1 will be just for fun, the rest are all just practice events.

I made a custom drift track layout on 1 course that is kind of long but can get very technical. I already have all the rules and regs along with the point system put in place. It has clipping points, dont touch markers, bonus area, ect. The requirements are simple. No more than 600 hp yes 600hp. It allows for a wider range of cars to participate. The course is technical enough to where you wont be able to use all 600hp to an advantage against a 300hp car.cant get the power to the wheels good enough. Although if there is a noticeable difference in the speed between the high hp cars and the low hp cars then I will gladly either reduce the limit or make specfic classes. Like I said before its all still work in progress. So im still testing different cars limits to make sure these events are as even as possible. It will be ran on comfort hard tires. No exceptions.
If you are interested please let me know and I will gladly show you the ropes so to speak.

For the cash payouts you must have a paypal account in order to pay for registration and to receive your winnings if you place high enough. Payouts will only go to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners. The amount it costs to register and the payouts have yet to be decided. Im looking at just $1 sign ups to start until, this tournament picks up more publicity. May end up going as high as $5. Unless everyone involved wants to go for higher payouts. All registration fees will be used to pay the to top 3 winners. I am not making one cent off of this. Im just looking to bring something new to the gt6 drift community. But keep in mind you must be 18 years of age or older to participate in any cash payout events.

Im looking forward to see you guys there when it all gets set into motion. Feel free to leave any comments, ideas, or concerns you may have and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Last edited:
@fcpmarcus is correct in that cash prizes are not allowed in community-organized events. Additionally, you cannot charge an entry fee for any competition hosted on GTPlanet.

@fcpmarcus is correct in that cash prizes are not allowed in community-organized events. Additionally, you cannot charge an entry fee for any competition hosted on GTPlanet.
What if its not organized on gtp? Im just trying to see how people will feel about participating in such an event. I used to rent out a family owned movie theater to host tournaments all the time. Gt5 was involved in some of those events. So really gtp wouldnt be where it is organized just advertised so to speak.. just curious, is it against gt6 terms and conditions or just gtp? I have seen multiple websites that host cash payout tournaments on gt5 and gt6 but they are mostly league based and can last weeks even months. Havent found one strictly for drift events yet.

Edit: ok I saw I am not allowed to advertise without permission. But would that be held against me if im just looking for opinions or advice from the community? And not actually advertise the website in which it is all being hosted on?

Last edited:
That would be OK; it's a GTPlanet rule, not a GT6 rule, so you can host cash-based tournaments as much as you like (according to local gambling laws, of course).

That would be OK; it's a GTPlanet rule, not a GT6 rule, so you can host cash-based tournaments as much as you like (according to local gambling laws, of course).
ok cool I do follow all the local and internet based gambling laws. Just wanted to make sure I wasnt in the wrong. I will refrain from posting anything involving the website and tournament on gtp unless I have your permission to do so. I am not only looking to advertise it if possible, but would also like to know how the gt6 community feels about such events. Also it is a non profit site all proceeds go directly to the top 3 winners. Any ideas on how I can do so with out breaking the terms of service agreement? Advertising isn't a must for me. But getting ideas and opinions from the community is.

To be completely honest, we already have alot of drama here in the drift community bringing money into the mix well only cause more. I keep up with the LOTS thread so I hope you know where I'm coming from when I say this.

Oh yea I fully understand that. But also its only for adults. If they complain over a dollar that is pathetic. Plus with paypal they do reimbursements if anything goes wrong with the transactions

After dealing with the new members in the lots forum it cant be much worse.lol. I am prepared and will weed out those that do bring drama.

It would be interesting to watch. But just saying, I think @Isho will be one rich mother ******** lol, along with the rest of the MCR group.
Also big factors would be how its actually judged, would it be fair? How would a "bad call" get worked out. I've seen a few Professional Drifters have dummy spits over even small competitions.
Also lag would be a big issue, so it will have to be region locked for it to really be competitive. Not to mention all your non paid hassles jumping in unwelcomed, can sometimes booting out paying members by lag, which I could see causing problems also.

Just my opinions though.

Awww shucks :embarrassed:

But on a more serious note try and run a competition without payouts as a tester and see how you feel? I for one run H2H and I feel like contestants should be giving me the cashola to enter :lol:

#noh8alldaluv4h2hplayers
Need to hurry up and make another one or you aint getting ***. You already know the track layout!

Ill be hosting one tonight if I get the time. I host the free ones at this custom layout I got alot. Feel free to add me. Ill make sure to let you guys knows when I got the room up and show younthe track.

Back