Which do you find faster overall

• DS3 Controller

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Steering Wheel

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
Australia
Australia
So I've been playing GT6 online Quick Matches (low powered sports cars) for a while now but I can help but notice watching the replays that all the super quick players seem to be using a control pad, and they seem to be getting +2 seconds /lap faster times than those using a steering wheel.

So I'm wondering if a dual shock 3 control pad is actually faster (I know it's better in that it has quicker recovery from mistakes) than a steering wheel, especially for low powered cars?

DS3 allows for fast recovery which in a quick match is prolly faster causemost people race a bit dirty.
A steering wheel you have to be smooth. If you're not you're not fast.

So I've been playing GT6 online Quick Matches (low powered sports cars) for a while now but I can help but notice watching the replays that all the super quick players seem to be using a control pad, and they seem to be getting +2 seconds /lap faster times than those using a steering wheel.

So I'm wondering if a dual shock 3 control pad is actually faster (I know it's better in that it has quicker recovery from mistakes) than a steering wheel, especially for low powered cars?

Mah, I dont' know which one is faster, what is incredible is how can people play a racing game like GT with a dual shock instead of a wheel and pedal set.

Having had both, overall a wheel and pedal set is much better than a DS3. The problem you face with a wheel is the very steep and long learning curve. As @Otaliema said with a wheel you have to be smooth to be fast. Once you learn with the wheel you will be much faster because it is a close to driving a real car as you can get. If you have real life racing experience that's even better. Take a look at the Super Laps. You will see that nearly 99.9% of the fastest people are using a wheel. I started GT1 with a controller, went and bought a Mad Katz wheel set up used it for one day and returned it. The technology of both the consoles and the wheel makers have come a long way since then. My last wheel was a DFGT, it took me about 3 months to even get close to my controller times. Once I got used to driving with a wheel, I had much more fun and was at minimum 3-5 seconds per lap faster than with the controller. Also as @Otaliema said the few times I tried to race in any online lobby be it Quick Matches or other rooms there are way too many dirty racers. In that case it doesn't matter whether you have a controller or a wheel. My wheel broke after a lot of serious racing and couldn't afford another one so I'm back to a controller. After using a wheel you have to learn how to use the controller again, though it doesn't take nearly as long to go back to a controller. To summarize it really comes down to a personal choice. For me I'd much rather have a wheel than a DS3. Hope that makes sense to you.

Back