Gt6 fanatec wheel help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Andrea85
  • 11 comments
  • 2,674 views
Messages
3
Italy
Italy
Hi guys,
I'm Italian guy, sorry for my bad English

I have two problem, I drive whit fanatec 911 turbo s, when I drive rear traction car when the car is in drift, is uncontrollable and spin around.
The problem is in normal drive and very accentuated in drift.

I think is a problem of setting of the wheel or the game.

I've watch more drifting videos on YouTube whit gt6, but when the car is on drift the driver's launch the wheel on the opposite side whit more facility, if I "launch" the wheel don't spin easily but is hard in spin.

Can you help me and post me your wheel setup (ff, sen, Lin etc etc) and game options?

Thanks a lot, and sorry for my English.

Andrea
 
I had an older 911 Carrera wheel, so I did not have all the settings of the new wheels
Wheel:
FF 60
Sen OFF
Lin 20
Dead OFF
Drift 3-5 changes with car , higher number for easier countersteer
ABS OFF

GT6:
Simulation
Power Steering OFF
Force Feedback 100
 
My CSW:

Sen - 900
FF - 60
Lin - Off, what input you do on the wheel translates to the game when it's off.
Deadzone - Off
Drift - Off, steering input feels weird with either negative or positive settings.
Wheel and brake pedal vibration - Off

Force settings:

Force - 100
Spring - 100
Damper - off

In game:

FF - 100, I just adjust it in the tuning menu on the wheel.
Power steering - Off

That last steering setting only applies to the ancient Logitech Driving Force wheels, so they have no effect on a DFGT, G25, G27, or the T500RS. I know that because I tested to be sure.
 
I find that power steering on helps a bit.

You should have the FF set to 100 on the wheel but for a turbo S you may want to use a setting of 5 or less in game.

I would also suggest setting the controller sensitivity to max in game.
 
I used power steering on my T500RS until I got to the Red Bull Standard races and found that there was almost no FFB when I turned suddenly, then the motor would knock the wheel back. I never liked that feeling and found relief when I turned it off.

Afterwards, I drove my Mustang Boss 302 and found it to be so much nicer without it. But there of course is user preference, so try anything that you think may help.
 
I never used power steering at all until after the last update. Turning powersteering on helped a lot to eliminate that left right fighting of the wheel on the straights. I haven't driven a lot with it on as of yet but it did seem to make a difference for the better in the short time I used it. I also reduced the in game FFB down a bit more. I was using 5 in game and 100 on the wheel but it was just to much after the 1.09 update. That TT on Lemans was a bear to drive in a straight line at speed with PS off, FF100 and FFB 5

btw I am using a CSR Elite which is about 50% stronger than a Turbo S
 
Hi guys,
Thank you for answer.

Ok I try your's setting in my wheel.

My setting are:
Sen 900
Ff 20
Abs 70
Vibration on

All other parameter 0

When I play whit Forza Motorsport I haven't every this problem.
I can control the car in drift or for control powerslide in normal race drive.

I think is only a problem of config from gt6 to wheel.
Or input of gt6 are incorrectly comparated to Forza Motorsport.

For example....

In this videos the guy launch the wheel for counter steer and are very fast and soft, I can't because the wheel is so hard in Counter steer.

In to the game options there aren't fanatec wheel.
What kind of wheel use for setting it?
 
Because Fanatec wheels aren't officially supported by the PS3, the software piggybacks off the Logitech G27. It not only mimics the FFB patterns, but the control map for the G27 will be the same as well. Whatever control mapping you set on the G27 will be what your wheel will use.

You also have to remember that the physics engines used in Forza and Gran Turismo are different.
 
Hi Andrea

Here is the site for all Fanatec settings for different games on different plattforms: http://f-wheel.com/settings

Unfortunately GT6 is not listed yet. Maybe try the GT5 settings.

I have given up drifting in GT6 completely (I am using the Fanatec CRS Elite). In Forza drifting is a lot of fun, but in GT6 I am lost. Even after trying different in-game-settings and wheel-settings.
 
Trying to catch a slide in GT6 is not quite like what it should be. I can do it more effectively on the CSW than my T500RS.
 
I guys,
I have try your setting, but not resolve my problem.

The wheel is really hard and when the car oversteer become uncontrollable.
In drifting become impossible.

I continue to whatch video of drift in gt6 whit fanatec wheel, to watch Is easy and light, but in really, my wheel is so hard and I can't launch the wheel for counter steer.
 
I run a csr elite, all stick settings as that's best for more direct emulation of the Logitec drivers they piggy back off of, but I turned in game FF to 3.

I catch slides all the time, but I don't drift, never really tried to get good at it. Don't be afraid to "force" the wheel, too many people try to guide the wheel, you should be put the wheel where you want it and then listen to the wheel, if that makes sence.

Also , in GT as the tires heat up in a slide the grip drops off very rapidly accelerating the rotation of the car, this needs to be anticipated with enough forsite to react. Also, you can sesaw the wheel just like a real car to control the suttlty of linear lose of grip to trick the front tires to go back and forth between the slip angle to maintain control. This isn't the fastest way to drive but its a way to learn how to drive on the edge before learning to be smooth, just like real life... But also like real life, you can throw the car away when you exceed those limits too rapidly. The fanatec wheels do an ok job of this in GT if you know what to look for, hence all my verbiage, but it's far less obvious or pronounced in GT than in other racers like Forza.
 
Back