GT6 Freezes

  • Thread starter Thread starter ERIC11940
  • 18 comments
  • 3,594 views
Messages
187
United States
New York
Messages
et11940
Messages
ect11940
I was doing the Clubman Kart Cup 100 race event in Gran Turismo 6, and the first two races went well, but everytime I tried to enter the last Kart race in the Gran Turismo Arena Track, It freezes before it can take me to the track, so I had to take the disc out, and reboot my PS3.

Anyone know how I can fix this problem?

I have a PS3 fat model that is up to date, can only play PS1 disc's, and was once 80 GB's, but now is upgraded to 250 GB's.
 
Try making sure the disc is clean. I noticed that this actually helps with the freezes. I heard somewhere that using personal BGM music is thought to cause it as well. Not saying either will work, just what I've heard and tried. Worked for me.
 
My disc is clean, it's just that I had to go into Safe Mode, and rebuild my data, switch my HDMI input to 720p, and GT6 seems to be working, but now whenever I enter the race menu, and press the green checkered icon, it doesn't seem to start the race. It isn't freezing this time, just isn't taking me to the race.
 
My disc is clean, it's just that I had to go into Safe Mode, and rebuild my data, switch my HDMI input to 720p, and GT6 seems to be working, but now whenever I enter the race menu, and press the green checkered icon, it doesn't seem to start the race. It isn't freezing this time, just isn't taking me to the race.
Sorry, I don't know what else to tell you. Maybe somebody else on here has the answer you're looking for. Good luck.
 
My disc is clean, it's just that I had to go into Safe Mode, and rebuild my data, switch my HDMI input to 720p, and GT6 seems to be working, but now whenever I enter the race menu, and press the green checkered icon, it doesn't seem to start the race. It isn't freezing this time, just isn't taking me to the race.
Does this happen working online or offline when this happens
 
i get it both online and offline...disk is clean and no BGM.

I have replaced my Bluray drive. maybe that is the issue?
 
i get it both online and offline...disk is clean and no BGM.

I have replaced my Bluray drive. maybe that is the issue?

How can replacing my PS3's Bluray drive will fix this problem?
 
Do you have problems with other games than GT6 well if you do not have any problems with other games well it will not be your PS3 playing up.
 
Last edited:
I had a race that WOULD NOT load. The last "Fighting Muscle" if I remember right. What worked for me, and others in the thread I learned this from:

On the XMB (no game running) go up to the Game Data Utility [towards the top of the Game row on XMB]

Delete game data and updates for GT6 [anything that mentions GT6 at all in the utility, delete it. should just be the 2 files.]

Launch game, and re-download patches. It'll auto-install the rest of the Game Data as you load each track for the first time.
 
I had a race that WOULD NOT load. The last "Fighting Muscle" if I remember right. What worked for me, and others in the thread I learned this from:

On the XMB (no game running) go up to the Game Data Utility [towards the top of the Game row on XMB]

Delete game data and updates for GT6 [anything that mentions GT6 at all in the utility, delete it. should just be the 2 files.]

Launch game, and re-download patches. It'll auto-install the rest of the Game Data as you load each track for the first time.
Good idea, let us know if it works.
 
I had a race that WOULD NOT load. The last "Fighting Muscle" if I remember right. What worked for me, and others in the thread I learned this from:

On the XMB (no game running) go up to the Game Data Utility [towards the top of the Game row on XMB]

Delete game data and updates for GT6 [anything that mentions GT6 at all in the utility, delete it. should just be the 2 files.]

Launch game, and re-download patches. It'll auto-install the rest of the Game Data as you load each track for the first time.
We are talking about freezing not loading issues.
 
I was doing the Clubman Kart Cup 100 race event in Gran Turismo 6, and the first two races went well, but everytime I tried to enter the last Kart race in the Gran Turismo Arena Track, It freezes before it can take me to the track, so I had to take the disc out, and reboot my PS3.

Exact same issue I had, except it was the last race of Fighting Muscle, not Clubman Kart Cup.



https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/help-desperately-needed.295462/#post-9139828

Check out post #21, where a similar problem was reported as solved by deleting and re-installing game data/updates. Hopefully this helps.

[Edit Reason: Found thread to link to.]
 
Last edited:
How can replacing my PS3's Bluray drive will fix this problem?
I never replaced the bluray player to fix the freezing issue. I replaced the player because it stopped working back in the days of GT5.
What I am saying is maybe my aftermarket player maybe at fault.

I also I think my harddrive is pretty full (I am going to remove GT5 tonight)
 
Here's what I did:

I backed up my Game Data, went into Safe Mode, did Options No. 5, then No. 3, restored the data, and it seemed to work with any freezes. :)
 
Okay, I don't know what to do.

I wanted to get a PS3 Slim because I hear that GT6 works better on the slimmer models, but my sister refused me to get one because she said my PS3 fat's better because the slimmer ones don't have a cooling fan and that the freezing things it just the game and not my PS3 Fat.

And that made me confused, thinking that those problems everyone's having is just the game and not the original PS3's.

Sorry for the double post BTW.
 
Back