GT6 Freezing every few races

  • Thread starter Thread starter Read T
  • 1 comments
  • 973 views
Messages
1
United States
United States
Hi all,

I havn't been on this forum in probably 5 years and forgot my old account info so I'm back with a new name.

I've run into a problem that every few races I attempt in GT6, the game will let me enter the race then when the entry list is displaying and the course is loading the game just sits and sits and sits. I can exit back out of this screen but other than that no racing. This all started after I clicked on the concept GT car icon on the main screen (whatever it's called, the mercedes thing) and the PS3 shut off. Since then also on every few restarts my PS3 will say that a savedata file is corrupt and then "fix it" prior to me playing the game. I've reinstalled the game twice but haven't deleted my save data - do I need to re-uninstall and delete may save data or should I hold off until some patch fixes this. I'm not an avid videogame player like I was when I was in high school so I really don't mind waiting for a patch.

Hope some of that made sense and thanks for your replies in advance. I'm not really tech savvy and the last 3 videogames I have ever purchased were GT4, GT5, and now GT6
 
Same thing happens to me when I'm racing online. The whole screen just stays black while the race starts fine for everyone else. Only problem is I can't just back out, I have to quit the whole game. But even though I hit quit, it restarts my PS3 instead. I haven't tried clicking the concept GT thing so I have no clue what the problem may be.
 
Back