GT6 gets extended life due to GT Sport delay?

• Thread starter NixxxoN
  • 11 comments

NixxxoN

(Banned)
Spain
Barcelona
Hope so, I think GT6 still has a lot of life and they will maintain the GT6 servers up until GT sport is released or a bit longer.
For those remaining months we can make the most out of the vast car list of GT6 and the course maker.

Well, they're doing away with the standard cars. What's the surprise about that?
I was saying that I will miss the huge list of GT6 when GT6 is done (the online servers shut down)
For me a GT without online is a dead GT.

I was saying that I will miss the huge list of GT6 when GT6 is done (the online servers shut down)
For me a GT without online is a dead GT.

I could still enjoy GT6 offline, however I find you can fine tune the race settings much better online than off (weather settings and variability especially).

It's always been a shame you can't enable tire wear and fuel usage offline.

I could still enjoy GT6 offline, however I find you can fine tune the race settings much better online than off (weather settings and variability especially).

It's always been a shame you can't enable tire wear and fuel usage offline.
Yes, you only can play the default endurance races with tyre wear...

GT6 offline at least you can buy and pick any car you desire to drive, even offline. GT5 had events that required specific cars only sold by Used Car Dealership, which was very annoying. I know this happened on GT4 and older games too, but the problem is that on older games, most of the cars were obtainable by simply buying on the dealership, UCD had exclusive cars too but they were very few. On GT5 however, the majority of the car roster is only available through UCD....

When GT5 was the current game, you could trade or borrow cars with your friends, making this task a little easier, now, or you hack your savefile to pick these annoying cars, or you test how far your patience goes to obtain these.

I reckon we'll see GT6's servers staying online longer than GT5's did (after 6's release) as it'll be two games on two separate consoles with two very different types of architecture. I hope so anyway as I doubt the new game will have quick matches.

I hope that Gran Turismo 6 servers keep being maintained since I love this game and I can't buy a ps4, at least for now. So I'll stick to my ps3 and GT6. It's a shame that there aren't so many active clubs as before, but this game still has potential. It looks beautiful if we think that is running on hardware with 10 years.

Well, they're doing away with the standard cars. What's the surprise about that?
It's not as much of a surprise as it is disappointment, I'll miss the SVT Cobra, Golf I GTI, Caterham Fireblade, Supra...

Hopefully at some point in the future, they will bring back those cars (in HD) as free DLC or as part of an update.

Back