GT6 Harder?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Islaygaz
  • 63 comments
  • 4,679 views
I guess you must be...
Just checked again a few minutes ago and SRF is disabled, there is no (normal) way to turn it on...
I also randomly checked the configurations in the rankings: all I could find was SRF OFF.
20140412_111550.jpg


Works just fine here. Nothing done, no hacking or anything... I'm able to start the race.
 
20140412_111550.jpg


Works just fine here. Nothing done, no hacking or anything... I'm able to start the race.
My bad !
I misread your post. Assumed you were talking about the newest FT-1 seasonal.
It is this one where SRF cannot be used.
Sorry for the misunderstanding...;)
 
Quite. I'd hate to think how some younger players would deal with older games, even SNES and Megadrive games were unforgivably hard and I'm pretty sure the older stuff before my time was even harder. You still get the odd tough game these days but most of them are much, much easier than years gone by. Gran Turismo is a clear example of this.

I don't think I ever golded this on GT3.


Just the GT series, try winning on hard levels in games like Race Pro, F12013 or even Shift and you'll have to work for it, PC sims the same so luckily they do still cater for the racing enthousiasts compared to GT which indeed has become a juvenile crowd pleaser regarding difficulty...
 
I don't know for sure that GT6 is that much easier but here is how long it took me to complete the last 3 versions

GT4: Close to a year. I was playing 1-2 hours per day , 3 days or so a week. I had a cheap wheel without force feedback and playing the PAL version on an old NTSC TV via a video converter. The colors were terrible and because of the different resolutions the image was a tad blurry in places.

GT5: About 6 months. Due to having a different job I was able to play more each day. And I splurged on a G27 right off the bat and had a 20" monitor hooked up to the console via component video. Night and day compared to my GT4 setup.

GT6: 1.5 months. It came out the same day I went on annual leave so I did many 10 hour days for the first 3 weeks. Still using the G27 But now with a dedicated 24" 1080p monitor and desk setup.


But the change that really bugs me is the watering down of the endurance events. 24 minutes is a joke in my book. The 24 hour races separated the casuals from the hard core enthusiasts. Nothing like the challenge of doing LeMans and having 10 hours straight of 100% wet track at night knowing that keeping consistent laps during that period was your ONLY chance of building up a margin big enough to get you a win because you'd loose ~5-10 seconds a lap in the dry for the last x number of hours of the race.

I did miss the qualifying for races in GT5 but in a way I think that starting way at the back is more challenging (and fulfilling), if you get the right rabbit(s) even rubber banding does not guarantee a win, you have to work for it.
 
Back