GT6 Kart Tuning

• Thread starter Quikfast
  • 10 comments
Gooday yall, i can seem to beat some of the kart races. I was wondering if someone could share some of their transmission and body settings used to achieve gold. The Clubman Cup 100, GT Kart Championship 125, & GT Kart Championship 125 Shifter. Thank You In Advance!

yea, on the gt kart champion ship, i set the transmissions top speed to 62 on the kart space track, 81 on the second track, and 62 on the last track, make sure on the last track to stay away from curbs and be careful.. dont know home many times i spun out... as work the clubman 100, i left everything stock, u need to know when to break or "coast" through the corner(foot off gas), and when to get back on the gas. havent made it to the shift kart race yet, but the little bit of time ive spent in 1 has taught me 2 things, #1 they spin out more easily(at least in my case) and #2 its was easier to catch back up if u spin out, do to the faster accel

Gooday yall, i can seem to beat some of the kart races. I was wondering if someone could share some of their transmission and body settings used to achieve gold. The Clubman Cup 100, GT Kart Championship 125, & GT Kart Championship 125 Shifter. Thank You In Advance!

You can tune the handling for Karts just a little bit ( only worked it out for the 100 and 125)
This may only work for my driving style, but if you add about 15-20 ballast and +50 it will keep the carts nose heavy and the back end isn't so squirrrely. You don't have such a tendency to spin out. You need to adjust the transmission just a little, but there are other threads on here that will give you help with that. I haven't worked out the details for the shifter yet. Just so no one gets the wrong impression, I really DO NOT like the Karts!!

Well, the karts are rear heavy and break the rear out in turns. So you would think that adding weight to the front of the kart would stabilize it. But since this is GT6, you add weight to the REAR of the kart so the back doesn't come out. It's backwards. I added 17 Kg to the rear. Then give it gas at the very start of the turn that ends of being the high speed straight.

Last edited:
For the Shift 3rd race I used Steering sensitivity up to 6, ballast weight at 30kg and as far over the rear as possible and the transmission set to 93mph.

You can tune the handling for Karts just a little bit ( only worked it out for the 100 and 125)
This may only work for my driving style, but if you add about 15-20 ballast and +50 it will keep the carts nose heavy and the back end isn't so squirrrely. You don't have such a tendency to spin out. You need to adjust the transmission just a little, but there are other threads on here that will give you help with that. I haven't worked out the details for the shifter yet. Just so no one gets the wrong impression, I really DO NOT like the Karts!!
I hate carts

yea, on the gt kart champion ship, i set the transmissions top speed to 62 on the kart space track, 81 on the second track, and 62 on the last track, make sure on the last track to stay away from curbs and be careful.. dont know home many times i spun out... as work the clubman 100, i left everything stock, u need to know when to break or "coast" through the corner(foot off gas), and when to get back on the gas. havent made it to the shift kart race yet, but the little bit of time ive spent in 1 has taught me 2 things, #1 they spin out more easily(at least in my case) and #2 its was easier to catch back up if u spin out, do to the faster accel
Just did that 81 on the 2nd race. my controller shat -_- lol

That's what I was wondering also.
Shouldn't the ballast be on the rear wheels?
Also, in the Clubman kart races; anyone done any changes to the transmission?

For the 125 Kart races....
1st race (Kart Space). Top speed set to 62, added 10kg ballast and set it to +10 (45:55 distribution). win easily
2nd race (Silverstone). Top speed set to 87, removed ballast. win easily.
3rd race (GT Arena). Top speed set to 76, 3kg ballast set to +10 (45:55 distribution). win easily.

keys:
BRAKE LATE. Like, almost to where the red indicator for the braking zone ends...but not TOO late ;)
SET UP YOUR CORNERS. Enter with too much speed and you're gonna wash out. Easy in, nail throttle at apex and
AVOID HITTING THE CURBS IN CORNERS AT ALL COST. It'll toss you sideways and scrub off a TON of speed.
DON'T PANIC. The computer karts will slow down as the race progresses.

Late braking, consistent corners and smooth exits will guarantee wins. Also, don't be afraid to brake a tiny bit later and use one of the other carts to help you steer!

Back