GT6 Mini Game: Traffic Attack

• Thread starter J24681357
  • 14 comments
United States
United States
J24681357-
I had this fun idea to play in online lobbies that is based on the Sierra Time Rally.

Objective: Overtake as many variety of cars on the track as you can at a limited amount of time.

Time Limit: 5 Minutes (Preferred) or Any time limit you like
Players: 8 (Recommend) - 16 Players
Track: Any track that is not too long Ex: Deep Forest Raceway

How To Play

1. Decide of who will be the racer, you could have more than 1 racer for some competition! The rest of the players will be the traffic.
2. The racer will have to turn off all of their display in the quick settings and the driver display names (Watch Race - Spectator Settings - Display Driver Name Off).
3. The traffic will only bring cars that are slower than the racer, so the traffic cars will have 100-200 less pp than the racer.
4. All of the traffic will start driving around the track at a speed limit of 60MPH (Preferred) while the racer stands at the starting line. All traffic must be driving in the same direction as the racer.
5. When the player says GO, the racer starts driving and the game starts.
6. The racer keeps track of the amount of overtakes. The overtake doesn't count if the racer hits the car, or it is not fully out of the pits.
7. When the racer overtakes or hits one of the traffic, that car which was just overtaken or hit will exit the track and quickly switch to another car that has 100-200pp less than the racer. The racer can assume that there are always different cars as they go like the Sierra Time Rally. This repeats until the time is up.
8. Calculate how many cars the racer had overtaken successfully.
9. Pick another racer and repeat Steps 2-8. Remember to make sure that the previous racer turns the Display Driver Name back on.

What do you guys think? :D

Last edited:
Cool idea !

Only, very hard to control and count the overtakes. Why don't you do it with racing distance ? Multilaps, from 5 to 50 ? (Could be a nice format though for Endurance Racing?)
With distance, all the racers needs to brake immediately after the time is ended, like in qualify mode, but that mode won't be recorded for replay (and judge the results)! With bumperview in replay mode the distance of the final lap can be 'calculated' at the kind of markerpoints with the track surroundings + the ammount of full laps are driven. Then it's up to the others to beat that distance. Every time, every race, the drivers are not allowed to block or annoy the others, just do your own thing and go the distance with the car you are driven. Blocking or annoying someone could be penalized with substraction of your total lap count !

For example, cars in Random order now, 'next race' would be started with inverted starting grid (all cars are fully tuned without use of aero parts and no further pp. restrictions).
1 : Ford Focus RS
2 : Lotus Elise S
3 : Ferrari F40
4 : Pagani Hyura
5 : Honda Jazz
6 : Caterham
7 : VW Beetle '66
8 : Citroën Gt Concept
9 : Lancia Copen
10 : Daihatsu Copen

This reminds me of something I created. It's based on the Magic Lap races from GT4. Basically everyone is technically competing, but slower cars get larger headstarts.

I had to cancel it due to a lack of interest, but I'd love to start it up again if enough people are interested.

I made something similar in Arcade Mode with the help of the course maker. Take a narrow track (6 to 7 meters), start an arcade mode race and see how many laps it takes before you can overtake all the AI cars. The overtakes need to be clean, with minimal contact and you can't go off the track. It works pretty well as a challenge, as you really have to search for those gaps when the track is so narrow.

Hey guys, if you want something similar. I host rooms that are mostly free run with reasonable PP limits (550 max, maybe, just maybe, 600). If you want, people can run there slower cars of choice while other race faster rides. Or however configuration you want.
The only problem with this topic is that when you create a room for such a thing. People automatically bring out the best ride that's tuned to the max limit the host has set.
I think that it's all based on a trust system where players can rely on each other to not all drive maxed out vehicles and just have fun with what ever vehicle interest them.
Plus, if we can get a room where everyone agrees to a true free run, then there has to be an agreement as to how to pass non opponent drivers properly. Right Lane drive, pass left. Left Lane drive, pass right.
I've read in other touge topics where they categorize it as having races with two or three cars with a chase car. Plus traffic in either direction from other players that are not too involved in the main races.
Teamwork is the answer to this issue.
It would be nice if PD allowed us to use any car of choice in the Sierra Rally. Though that would mess up the online ranking system.

I changed some of the rules:
  • You can have more than 1 racer for some competition!
  • The traffic cars should mainly drive at 60 mph, but you can change depending on the track or car.
  • If the racer hits a car or overtakes while the car is not fully out of the pits, the overtake doesn't count.

Last edited:
Back