GT6 needs a safety rating system for online and offline

Do you want a safety rating system for GT6?

• Yes

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • Yes, with an option to turn it off

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
EIijah_
GT5 community is practically dead in the public lobbies. Sure we could find clean competitive racing in GTPlanet, however, GTPlanet is a small fraction compared to the whole GT5 player base. We need a safety rating system to flip our community where clean racing is the norm.

Currently our public lobbies is the wild wild west. I was in an intense shuffle race in Sarthe pushing on the last lap into the final two turns, I was in first position. Penalties were on strong by the way. The second place driver was very competitive but decided to cut the last two turns to coast to the finish line during his penalty. I kicked him and he messaged me "who cares, I won."

This is the mentality of our average public player. They have zero consequences to their actions. Nothing carriers over from race to race. I could be the racing clean master, join a race, wreck the whole lobby and leave with nothing but a smile. Zero consequence. We need a system that gives drivers rewards (higher rating) or consequences(lower rating). Take a look at iracing public community. With a safety system, people could find a clean race in a matter of minutes.

This mentality stems from career mode I believe. How many of us hit the AI and cut corners during a grinding session? I know I have a few times to counter a mistake. Take that thought and apply it to an inexperience driver who can barely past a seasonal. They will try anything to win. Put racing softs and use AI as a braking technique. Once these inexperience drivers are online in the heat of racing they will fall back to what they are accustomed to.Will they ever learn and become better drivers this way. Take a look at GT5 public lobbies for your answer.

I truly believe our whole GT community has more clean drivers than dirty ones. I just want our public lobbies to reflect that.

Maybe even incorporate the licence's into it, it'll keep the noobs with the noobs and the vets with the vets.

I can bet that most kids out there don't do the license test, most just jump straight to online lobbies.

While I somewhat agree I don't want GT to turn into iRacing. I disagree with offline its not needed. Online should be like Battlefield or COD. If it's a "ranked" race the system is implemented. Otherwise if you just want to mess around with your friends you could set up a non "ranked" room.

I like this idea because online is complete chaos or wild west like you said.

Sometimes I don't want to be ranked, but I still want a clean match what about that @ LVracerGT. To better say the question what if I want to have a clean race without being ranked for it?

If any of you have played the Dragonball or Naruto games, they have a similar idea as far as ranked and unranked matches.

I think this is very good idea, so long as it cant be abused easily.

I've seen how features like this are abuse by groups of people (Modnation Racers). I can already see the threads "Give me a good rating and I'll give you one".

Maybe a revamped penalty sytem could make something like this work. Using the penalty sytem instead of peer ratings might prevent people from abusing it. But its fairness or lack thereof will be based on how good the penalty sytem really is.

Anyway it seems like a feature like this would have to walk a fine line.

You mentioned offline too, which made me think why. But it could play a huge role in showing players what's okay and whats not. Which might be confusing for some who are used to ramming the AI whenever they want (offline).

It would (should) not be a peer rating system. They could have a system like iRacing where 2 (I would prefer 3 or 4) wheels off docks you, for sake of an example, 1 safety point. Wall contact is 2 points and car contact (moderate) is 2 points while heavy contact is 4 points.

LVracerGT
It would (should) not be a peer rating system. They could have a system like iRacing where 2 (I would prefer 3 or 4) wheels off docks you, for sake of an example, 1 safety point. Wall contact is 2 points and car contact (moderate) is 2 points while heavy contact is 4 points.

I love that idea.

Maybe a percentage system; everyone begins at 100 and can enter any session, then as follows

Cutting corners; 10% reduction
Causing an avoidable collision; 15% reduction
Deliberate ramming; 50% reduction
Driving in the wrong direction; 50% reduction
Forcing someone off track; 25% reduction

For a race where you avoid losing rating you should earn back 20% of the penalty rate and 5% of the 50% penalties.

When setting up a lobby you can restrict the entry to players who have a rating above a particular % rating. That way rammers can be blocked from ruining everybpdy's day and unfair drivers are given due punishment.

Sorry if this was too complicated :(

But how would they gain back the % values? Also in gaining back the % we should get it back 5% at a time otherwise someone can ram all they want, and do a couple of clean passes and be back up at 100%

Bluntified
Maybe even incorporate the licence's into it, it'll keep the noobs with the noobs and the vets with the vets.

I can bet that most kids out there don't do the license test, most just jump straight to online lobbies.

I've completed all the liscene when i first had my ps3 broke down and bought a new one new account, now i havent done them twice.. What about me? Doesnt work you cant tell how good someone is based on their lisences, im not saying im good, but others might be

LVracerGT

Yea thats how it should be

Piotrov
But how would they gain back the % values? Also in gaining back the % we should get it back 5% at a time otherwise someone can ram all they want, and do a couple of clean passes and be back up at 100%

Im guessing it goes back to 100% everytime.. And then they'd make an average of % lost per race, and with that you could have restrictions on your lobbies..

The post did say for every race that you don't lose % rating in an area you gain back 20% of whatever the penalty rate was (2.5% is gained back on the 50% penalties to keep the regain sensible)

Gabtremblay you need to read what AUP says about multi-posting.

Last edited:
How would the PS know who's fault it was?

What about lag causing a collision too.

I do like the idea of a clean license system though. Just tough to implement.

How would the PS know who's fault it was?

What about lag causing a collision too?

I do like the idea of a clean license system though. Just tough to implement.

It's vey true, making a fully fair and effective system won't be easy to produce at all, at least when certain issues like Spag69 mentioned are involved.

For the first one you could integrate Newton's Laws of physics to determine who had the greater momentum in the collision, oh dear too complicated :ill: (it's too late in the day for me)

Ok, I hope I am not complicating things but i see no fair way for the system to determine who is at fault for a particular incident. I watch F1 and often a race incident takes what feels like hours for culpability to be determined ...and the determining is done by reasonable, sane and fair people. So, how about putting in place a system that implements "roles". You would have the racing drivers, a race director and a marshall or two. Whenever a collision happens on track, a replay would be saved for review. Once guilt is determined, the race director would determine the punishment ...which he would choose based on the suggested % penalty system above. To avoid the incident mentioned in the OP (where the driver cuts two corners but still effectively won the race), the race director would have the option of disqualifying participants even after the fact ...which would then remove the driver from the overall rankings.

I suppose the only problem with this would be possible bias behind decisions made. In the end, however, the choice would be between the Black/White, ON/OFF type decisions of a cold and heartless operating system or the possible bias of a person with emotional attachments. Personally, I would prefer my fate to be in the hands of a person ...no matter how biased. A replay is a replay ...it would be hard to be cheated by a person performing the refereeing role.

Maybe a percentage system; everyone begins at 100 and can enter any session, then as follows

Cutting corners; 10% reduction
Causing an avoidable collision; 15% reduction
Deliberate ramming; 50% reduction
Driving in the wrong direction; 50% reduction
Forcing someone off track; 25% reduction

For a race where you avoid losing rating you should earn back 20% of the penalty rate and 5% of the 50% penalties.

When setting up a lobby you can restrict the entry to players who have a rating above a particular % rating. That way rammers can be blocked from ruining everybpdy's day and unfair drivers are given due punishment.

Sorry if this was too complicated :(

Good idea 💡

Maybe the level system can double as a safety rating?

With the ability to limit rooms by level you should be able to keep out most noobs and losers.

Of course the level system will have to be tweaked. Using a X1 on any event should give you very little XP to no XP toward your level. Using an equal car as the AI should give you alot of XP points toward your level

Back