GT6 News Discussion

• Thread starter Matty
  • 8,352 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
But Forza 5 is the same as the previous one just with less content. GT6 is more changed from its predecessor, graphics are the only thing Forza improved in whereas physics have been vastly improved in GT6. It's well deserved over Forza and GT6 getting a lower score at Gamespot is absurd.

The physics i FM5 are vastly improved they actually made their tyre and suspension model as accurate as ca get. Pd is only now catchting up to stuff T10 has been doing since FM2. Ever since FM2 forza has had live telemtry data where the numbers behid what is simulated is revealed. T10 has worked with McLaren and Audio for the suspension modelling of ALL cars.

Last edited:
Yeah, he just broke the pike's peak world record by a small FULL MINUTE, so nothing to hear about.

Nothing then huh? These records always get broken anyway. Especially since pikes peak is all paved now.

Still impressive though.

Last edited:
Yeah, I stopped reading after you said "scores". Like someone said, scores doesn't mean jack, and why are you getting mad at PD, when you should be getting mad at T10 for failing Forza and their fans. Have you seen the downgrades, 2D cutouts? Funny, because I remember at the reveal, the graphics were gorgeous. What happened then? Turns out that didn't make it 100% at lanuch, so remove "quality" from out of your post because that's NOT quality.
Has there ever been a game that stayed the same from the E3 reveal? No. Not even GT so don't go down that road.

And yes, GT6 has more content than GT5 does, did you even play it to know there's more to career mode, red bull x challenge, and more to come such as the Senna content? As well more cars (despite the standard cars but some a few were updated) and tracks? Oh yeah, did I mention that there's day/night cycle and weather on majority of the tracks? Clearly you didn't. If you favor Forza so much, go play that because GT is not the game for you, period.
And see, the words more to come are the problem. The game actually has less in bone stock 1.00 than GT5 does. No seasonal challenges, barely any special events, none of this Senna content, and no online. That's pretty silly considering GT5 had all of those on the last update, I would expect that from GT6. (Minus Senna content as that wasn't in GT5) Oh and did I forget course maker?

Day/Night is nice, if all the headlights lit up and you could actually see in half the tracks. Even after a few updates "Night Masters" is damn near impossible because the headlights are a joke and don't light up anything at all.

As for weather? Even after tuning down the rain effects, rain graphics, and everything else about rain, framerate issues are still present! Most likely because PD decided to increase the graphics when they really didn't need to, causing simple things to bog the game down incredibly.

@jimipitbull I apologize as I was simply going off what others were arguing at above. A few said that Forza got better scores, and many people felt that was stupid, so I gave them my opinion as to why it would have got higher scores. However metacritic isn't always the best way to compare games.

@yewles1 All I see is someone too stupid to actually give an argument. If my post is "Too stupid to handle" then why don't you refute it? Instead I get the impression that you simply can't bring any points to argue about, and instead go to attempting to insult me. Stay classy my friend.

Has there ever been a game that stayed the same from the E3 reveal? No. Not even GT so don't go down that road.
Oh really? Are you forgetting Nintendo games? Example, SM3DW? Looked pretty the same to me.

And see, the words more to come are the problem. The game actually has less in bone stock 1.00 than GT5 does. No seasonal challenges, barely any special events, none of this Senna content, and no online. That's pretty silly considering GT5 had all of those on the last update, I would expect that from GT6. (Minus Senna content as that wasn't in GT5) Oh and did I forget course maker?
That, I agree. It be nice PD delayed, but you know what will happen if they did. That's pretty much where updates come in, but still...

@yewles1 All I see is someone too stupid to actually give an argument. If my post is "Too stupid to handle" then why don't you refute it? Instead I get the impression that you simply can't bring any points to argue about, and instead go to attempting to insult me. Stay classy my friend.

With that avatar he has, I wouldn't even waste my time.

If my post is "Too stupid to handle" then why don't you refute it? Instead I get the impression that you simply can't bring any points to argue about, and instead go to attempting to insult me. Stay classy my friend.

As MuoNiula already said/implied: Don't even react to such guys. They belong to the GT defence force and will always and I mean ALWAYS defend it no matter what your argument is./rant

Nothing then huh? These records always get broken anyway. Especially since pikes peak is all paved now.

Still impressive though.

Best times since 2012

2013 Unlimited category
1Sebastien Loeb8:13.878
2Rhys Millen9:02.192
3Jean-Philippe Dayraut9:42.740

I wonder where is the Peugeot 208 T16 in GT6 :)

According to this article, the Subaru Vision Gran Turismo is going to be unveiled on January 13th at Detroit Auto Show.
http://www.autoportal.iol.pt/noticias/geral/foto-a-bomba-da-subaru-para-o-gran-turismo-6

The most important part roughly translated.
The Subaru has released the first image of your virtual supercar for Gran Turismo 6. The Subaru Vision Gran Turismo will join the Mercedes and BMW Vision Gran Turismo from 2014. The official debut is scheduled for the Detroit auto show on 13 January.

So far have not advanced details about the "mechanics", since it is a supercar developed exclusively for the virtual world, but it is expected to shatter something.

The aesthetics, however, is impressive. The silhouette suggests that it will air the BRZ (Toyota GT86 twin brother), with shapes taken to the extreme, being halfway between the aggressiveness of the Mercedes Vision Gran Turismo and Red Bull exuberência the x2014.

With presentation scheduled for the Detroit show in January 13, the Subaru Vision Gran Turismo will be part of a special package that will be available for download in January.

So, Subaru and Toyota are unveiling their VGT cars next month? So that just means we don't know who's going to be the next VGT car provider. OR, maybe we'll get two...or three.

Day/Night is nice, if all the headlights lit up and you could actually see in half the tracks. Even after a few updates "Night Masters" is damn near impossible because the headlights are a joke and don't light up anything at all.

As for weather? Even after tuning down the rain effects, rain graphics, and everything else about rain, framerate issues are still present! Most likely because PD decided to increase the graphics when they really didn't need to, causing simple things to bog the game down incredibly.

@jimipitbull I apologize as I was simply going off what others were arguing at above. A few said that Forza got better scores, and many people felt that was stupid, so I gave them my opinion as to why it would have got higher scores. However metacritic isn't always the best way to compare games.

Day/night is amazing in this game. Night racing is better than shift2 if I remember. It is a challenge to drive in night that is the way i is meant to be. Willow spring is very difficult and I reckon Ascari too especially with all the undulation it has and very difficult to drive anyways. only played that track on evening setting so far. Daytona, Apricot have artificial lights and unless your TV has setting issue it is very very easy to drive. SS5 is so much better in GT6. SPA, nurburging and Mt.panorama are super fun in night. I had no problems whatsoever expect the first 2 tracks I mentioned before. I guess there are some guys who can drive just as good as in night but it is normal to be slower in night and is pretty fun.

Weather affects are ok but practically impossible to drive in cockpit view. I use the first person view probably will try later but the experience they got having implemented will help in future. I hope they can make it better but I reckon with more visual affects it is barely impossible to drive. In some rally stages I could barely see how close AI is only the cloud of dust from his car. In a way it is fun but very difficult to play these things on cockpit view. Having said that I still like it even though not good in it.

GT6 has more content obviously and GT mode IMHO is also much better than GT5. Extra mission is fun except the cone stuff. License test is more doable in gold this time and godwood festival is fun too expect the ridiculous redbull on that track. They should only use less powerful cars on such narrow track. I eventually manged to get all done and the trophy but it is so stupid to drive powerful cars on such narrow track. Defintely GT6 is a improvement to GT5 and hopefully more things will follow like GT5.

As par as comparison to Forza. Even on next gen console they cannot do dynamic lighting is pretty lame. The game is basically the directx 11 version of previous game with less content. Mt. Panorama in Forza5 is so flat, may be it is gameplay, track not good but GT6 looks so much better:

I downloaded the best quality of this video and watched on my TV. It is not even close.

Last edited:
Found at goodwood
dR8e2sk.jpg
PfMW5wi.jpg
8EzgDsS.jpg
B6t1Ozm.jpg
2zZEXPV.jpg
5L0dTT7.jpg
FTcC7rO.jpg
21nVXwf.jpg
7Rn9FIK.jpg

Day/night is amazing in this game. Night racing is better than shift2 if I remember. It is a challenge to drive in night that is the way i is meant to be. Willow spring is very difficult and I reckon Ascari too especially with all the undulation it has and very difficult to drive anyways. only played that track on evening setting so far.
There's a big difference between difficult and realistic. When I'm driving out in the real world at night, even where theres a lack of lights, I can see. In the Night Masters series they tune the headlights to not produce any light at all. I find it really hard to believe that at night, headlights on Willow Springs decide to cover themselves up.

Weather affects are ok but practically impossible to drive in cockpit view. I use the first person view probably will try later but the experience they got having implemented will help in future. I hope they can make it better but I reckon with more visual affects it is barely impossible to drive.
The problem is that they have upped the graphics to the point where almost anything causes massive framerate issues. Improving rain effects would make this worse.

GT6 has more content obviously and GT mode IMHO is also much better than GT5. Extra mission is fun except the cone stuff. License test is more doable in gold this time and godwood festival is fun too expect the ridiculous redbull on that track.
Goodwood is probably one of the best things about this game, but I feel that GT5 in its patched state was much more content-filled than GT6. In GT6 there are way less special events, less license tests, no B-Spec, no endurance racing, no course maker, and even SSRX is missing! That track is in the game, yet unavailable to play from what I've seen and heard from many people.

As par as comparison to Forza. Even on next gen console they cannot do dynamic lighting is pretty lame. The game is basically the directx 11 version of previous game with less content. Mt. Panorama in Forza5 is so flat, may be it is gameplay, track not good but GT6 looks so much better:

Forza doesn't do dynamic lighting because there isn't a big need for it yet. Dynamic lighting comes into play when the lighting actually changed, but when it's static like Forza then there is no reason to have it. When Forza goes Day/Night is when we will see Dynamic lighting in Forza, but until then don't count on it.

Goodwood is probably one of the best things about this game, but I feel that GT5 in its patched state was much more content-filled than GT6. In GT6 there are way less special events, less license tests, no B-Spec, no endurance racing, no course maker, and even SSRX is missing! That track is in the game, yet unavailable to play from what I've seen and heard from many people.
Because they're improving the course maker and b-spec. Do you know the boundaries of making your own course through your phone, driving wherever you please and being able to transfer it into the game? There isn't any. They're preparing it and doing it right the first time instead of releasing it 1/2 ass and patching it later... a la engine sounds.

SSRX is missing? Really? According to the stat page, I've driven 800 miles there. I guess I'm magic.

I didn't do all the special events in GT5 because, to me, they seemed pointless and too time consuming, even though that ultimately isn't true. There was 6 parts, each of which had 3-5 events...too much for me. In GT6, there's 2 parts, one of them has 3 events and you drive on the moon. The other has 15 events, driving great cars on possibly the most prestigious hill climb known to man( maybe 2nd to Pikes Peak, but debatable).

Because they're improving the course maker and b-spec. Do you know the boundaries of making your own course through your phone, driving wherever you please and being able to transfer it into the game? There isn't any. They're preparing it and doing it right the first time instead of releasing it 1/2 ass and patching it later... a la engine sounds.
Except those things should be in the game. I feel for the people who bought this game without an internet connection as it is utterly terrible in 1.00.

SSRX is missing? Really? According to the stat page, I've driven 800 miles there. I guess I'm magic.
How do you get SSRX might I ask?

Except those things should be in the game. I feel for the people who bought this game without an internet connection as it is utterly terrible in 1.00.

How do you get SSRX might I ask?
It would be worse for them if it was in the game but never worked.
Well, Firstly, you can select it in arcade mode. Secondly, it's an event in iA.

It's in the game. You should check the offical site to know, because its there and its not required to unlock.
That's actually really odd. I always thought you needed to unlock it, as it never showed up under any of the track lists. Then last night I was looking through the Drag Racing forums and found a few other people stating the track would be included later. I figured that they just didn't include it for whatever reason. I will go through the track list and see if I find it.

That's actually really odd. I always thought you needed to unlock it, as it never showed up under any of the track lists. Then last night I was looking through the Drag Racing forums and found a few other people stating the track would be included later. I figured that they just didn't include it for whatever reason. I will go through the track list and see if I find it.
SSRX is under original circuit, I used it many times using test drive feature under garage.
As Ridox stated, it'll be listed under "Original Tracks". It'll for surely be there. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back