GT6 News Discussion

• Thread starter Matty
  • 8,352 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you have low standards others don't. Don't expect everyone to be as easy to please.
I'm not expecting everyone else to have my standards. Sure there is a small amount of info, but I can still wait for more info to convince me even more to buy this game.

I'm already happy with more tracks and machines to take pictures of, all the other stuff just ices the cake even more.

Hmm. Heres a tip. Those who are eager for news, why not just go outside? Draw a picture, play a video game, do something while waiting for news because it only stores stress and fustration (of course). That's what I do anyways, and it works. ;)

?? What a horrendous strawman argument,. Why Play games at all?? Go outside......

Are we impatient? This is a product that the company wants us to buy, some may do that blindly with no information but some of us want the company to give us some reasons to do so.

Probably. If you haven't enough reasons, don't buy it. Wait for some reviews, wait for the price to drop.

There is plenty of information. No need to spend big on marketing a product when you already have a massive consumer base. Word of mouth does that for them.

If GT6 was a book, would you want to know the entire plot, the names of the chapters, the type of font and how many words per page before buying it? And would you publicly berate the author prior to release for not giving you that information?

Probably. If you haven't enough reasons, don't buy it. Wait for some reviews, wait for the price to drop.

There is plenty of information. No need to spend big on marketing a product when you already have a massive consumer base. Word of mouth does that for them.

If GT6 was a book, would you want to know the entire plot, the names of the chapters, the type of font and how many words per page before buying it?
Except that GT6 doesn't have a story per see, the consumers just want to know how some features promised by PD before actually work in the game this time around. Guess we'll have to wait till november for the final megaton of info.

If GT6 was a book, would you want to know the entire plot, the names of the chapters, the type of font and how many words per page before buying it?

So rather spend big on hype, like they currently are. That usually shows a lack of material at the moment of what they've announced. It isn't too much to ask for especially since you've decided to overlook the reality that most if not all other games give plenty of insight to the consumer.

Please tell us what plenty of info is exactly. The book analogy is a joke right? It's not like we're talking a rpg which is where your analogy would work, it is a race/driving simulator. Also I never knew font type was a big part of the decision planning to a book purchase, also there is such a thing as a synopsis, and we haven't been given that. Well that is unless you want to call the synopsis GT5 but with more stuff, then we have one. Also hype is an easier way to get buyers in without having to show them anything significant but instead just tell them

It is funny to see another person defend with excuses rather than anything concrete why we should give PD/GT a pass. More ultra fringe fan bias.

The book analogy is a joke right? It's not like we're talking a rpg which is where your analogy would work, it is a race/driving simulator. .

They are both products. Both are classed as media. If it helps the analogy, pretend it was a choose your own adventure book. Double spaced with some blank pages, so you can add ballast or remove weight.

It does defeat the point of the forum, when you constantly say this because people are being hard on your favorite game. We're pointing out reality when we say Kaz doesns't inform much.

Not excatly. I didn't say because people are hard on GT. It's only to avoid being fustrated. That's all. :P

That doesn't really solve the problem though, does it? We've been "going outside" since May.

True *Shrugs*. :\

?? What a horrendous strawman argument,. Why Play games at all?? Go outside......

..... Yeah, whatevs.

Ahh, oh well. I tried to help but got cornered. :indiff: Blah, I'm still getting GT6 anyway so I don't care. :sly:

So you have low standards others don't. Don't expect everyone to be as easy to please.

Did he say everyone should have low standards, no, he didn't so don't go assuming he did. I too am already satisfied, your not, okay no big deal.

I guess the only way we'll know what the game will be like is when the reviewers get their hands on the game at this point. It seems that Kaz has no confidence in his game as he's not saying anything right now about it. So, GT6 is going to be an interesting surprise for me when I get it at launch.

I guess the only way we'll know what the game will be like is when the reviewers get their hands on the game at this point. It seems that Kaz has no confidence in his game as he's not saying anything right now about it. So, GT6 is going to be an interesting surprise for me when I get it at launch.

It looks that way it seems. :indiff: Well. I like surprises, so we'll see. :)

It looks that way it seems. :indiff: Well. I like surprises, so we'll see. :)

I still find it extremely odd that we know almost nothing about this game other than physics, some cars and tracks. I don't remember it being like this with GT5. Either this game will be very good or very bad.

I still find it extremely odd that we know almost nothing about this game other than physics, some cars and tracks. I don't remember it being like this with GT5. Either this game will be very good or very bad.

It really is odd I honestly say. Maybe it was the experience from GT5 is what's costing it?

Yes, I will do. The point is surely PD want as many people to buy it at full price as possible, to maximise profits? That's why they should be giving us reason to buy it. If they don't, well that's their loss.

So what you're saying is GT sells on name alone? Yes, I'm aware of that, and it's partly the reason GT5 was so bad and GT6 could be the same.

If GT6 was a book, would you want to know the entire plot, the names of the chapters, the type of font and how many words per page before buying it? And would you publicly berate the author prior to release for not giving you that information?

But GT6 is not a book, so that was a rather pointless thing to say. Can we stick to reality, rather than what if's? What I want from a book and author has nothing to do with what I want from GT6 and it's creators.

I just hope that those who do not buy the game would stop whining on this forum, hopefully i can get actual news and fewer negative chitchat.

Indeed, I guess GT6 is really going to be the decider of the franchise.

I agree. It has the potential to either restore or destroy the franchise. And truth be told, I'm not rooting for either outcome. I'd rather let PD decide their own fate.

It feels good to be emotionally detached from the series. It's fun to simply sit back and just watch from afar.

How about a demonstration of the track creator? Or "GT6 will have 4 times the amount of A-spec events that GT4 had". Or "GT6 will have a more adjustable FOV." Simple bits of information would be nice.

Battlefield 4 has a great advertising campaign promoting "only in Battlefield 4" videos. They are doing a great job building hype. GT6? Not so much.

Last edited:
I just hope that those who do not buy the game would stop whining on this forum, hopefully i can get actual news and fewer negative chitchat.

Might as well stay out of the forum then, because this censorship you wish for will never happen.

Really, if you have not bought the game and played with it, what sort of contribution can you add to this forum?

It's like me going to forza5 forum and complaining on a game i do not have.
It's like a baker adding his thoughts on a mechanics forum.

That's B.S., if you have not bought or played the game then go to the forum for those who did not buy it or play it, if there is such a thing.

It's not censorship, it's common sense, which apparently there is less of it going around.

Really, if you have not bought the game and played with it, what sort of contribution can you add to this forum?

Then according to you, the forum should be closed down until release date since, obviously, nobody has played the game so no dicussions should be held.

That's B.S., if you have not bought or played the game then go to the forum for those who did not buy it or play it, if there is such a thing.

It's not censorship, it's common sense, which apparently there is less of it going around.
MY ENTIRE LIFE IS A LIE :eek:

Thank you for enlightening me on the path to the highest reaches of the Hooniverse :bowdown:

All the information that has been published in the last months since E3 are so vague on high-level that one might think that PD's absolutely no clue how the game will look like in 1.5 months, i.e. there's a delay announcement around the corner or many features will be developed/finished after release. Kaz saying they would support GT6 for at least a year underlines this though in my opinion...

I am very worried about the lack of details, screenshots and videos about UI, garage, online features, tuning options, A-spec/career mode etc.

All the information that has been published in the last months since E3 are so vague on high-level that one might think that PD's absolutely no clue how the game will look like in 1.5 months, i.e. there's a delay announcement around the corner or many features will be developed/finished after release. Kaz saying they would support GT6 for at least a year underlines this though in my opinion...

I am very worried about the lack of details, screenshots and videos about UI, garage, online features, tuning options, A-spec/career mode etc.

If this game ends up being terrible it might just be the end of Granturismo. No one will take them seriously as a game developer. I have no idea why they aren't releasing any news on customization or the career mode. What are they waiting for. To me it almost seems as if they have nothing more to show, and if that is the case this game will disappoint.

Yes, I will do. The point is surely PD want as many people to buy it at full price as possible, to maximise profits? That's why they should be giving us reason to buy it. If they don't, well that's their loss.

Swansong for the PS3. They would have a very good idea of how many copies will sell. Not too much will effect that. A loss means they lose money. Slightly less profit is not a loss.

So what you're saying is GT sells on name alone? Yes, I'm aware of that, and it's partly the reason GT5 was so bad and GT6 could be the same.

GT5 is very good. Higher than usual expectations could explain your disappointment. Perhaps the physics were too advanced for your skills. Either way, that sounds more like a personal development issue, as opposed to product development.

But GT6 is not a book, so that was a rather pointless thing to say. Can we stick to reality, rather than what if's? What I want from a book and author has nothing to do with what I want from GT6 and it's creators.

Well, you have also been spouting what ifs. Or more accurately, a lot of why nots. Same thing innit. This time round though, it sounds like you have low expectations. Quite predictable, once you take your previous comments on GT5 into account.

It's probably a good thing I didn't run with the Emotive Rollercoaster Simulation analogy.

cyoa096.jpg

Since when did you need to buy and play a game in order to say something about it? Why do you think reviews exist? Some here want to read reviews, look up information, see other people's thoughts on the game before buying it. They don't need to play in order to decide if it's worth the purchase.

But as Cobuster has pointed out, you're just contradicting yourself. The GT6 forum shouldn't even exist yet according to you.

Last edited:

Here you go.

As opposed to your contributions, which more often then not are just complaining that people are discussing something you don't want to see?

This is that forum.

:lol:

Last edited:

What makes you think that the people who are critical haven't bought the game or aren't going to. No one has bought GT6, close your eyes and dream of pixies and fairy dust if you want your idealist world or wake up and live in reality.

Most of us here even the many mods that have been harsh on GT have played each game even the prologues so not sure where you're getting your trite drivel from. Well other than your rear end.

As opposed to your contributions, which more often then not are just complaining that people are discussing something you don't want to see?

Exactly, we shall not destroy the fabric of his sugar coated world, he can see the wall crashing down on him and it's far too scary to face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back