GT6 News Discussion

• Thread starter Matty
  • 8,352 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found something interesting about the "Stockyard".

Garage

Organising and managing the cars you own in your Garage is now much more straightforward. You can also try out your cars on Free runs and change racing gear directly from this location. You can also store cars you don’t normally use in a Stockyard, and transfer to your Garage when required.

Have seen that picture before... Now with this constellation thing where the stars are aligned, night races anywhere should be epic.

abu_dhabi_yas_marina.jpg
Indeed! :D And that shot, is beautiful at sunset. O.O
So if I put it in plain words a Storage O.o?
Looks like it. ;)

Indeed! :D And that shot, is beautiful at sunset. O.O

Looks like it. ;)

Ill probably be arrested since that picture is originally from the F1 website, but i used it off of some other 3rd party site... lol.

The stockyard.. Hmm seems like we ditched the idea of favorites and now have a "by most usage" category

I have the impression that licenses (as intended in previous versions) are gone...
I can live without them, but they'd be a nice challenge especially if they are required to proceed through the game.

Anyway let's wait (I just can't wait :) ) for the complete picture...

I also like the 'stockyard' option... I have hundreds of never used cars in my GT5 garage...

Ill probably be arrested since that picture is originally from the F1 website, but i used it off of some other 3rd party site... lol.
GASP!! O_O I'll have you arrested right away! Just kiddin, haha. :lol:

The stockyard.. Hmm seems like we ditched the idea of favorites and now have a "by most usage" category
It would seem so. I'm hoping it doesn't have a limit. :P

It's technically a separate "Favorites" section/category. I really like the idea of it. It'll make great use of the "Standard" cars that potentially will have simplified interiors.

Agreed! I think some people are going to be happy about that. :)

I have the impression that licenses (as intended in previous versions) are gone...
I can live without them, but they'd be a nice challenge especially if they are required to proceed through the game.

Anyway let's wait (I just can't wait :) ) for the complete picture...

I thought i read we are supposed to have them or something similar to be used to progress throughout the game to buy cars.

A while ago i said in order to buy things like Rm's or LMP or whatever category you want to choose from, you must race against an ai (a joke at first but it was a good idea) thats equally matched against a car you choose. Basically its a two lap sprint and finish in front of him/her, you get the license and you can purchase cars in that category. Just more trophies for achievement hunters..

I believe that is the XKR-s model which comes standard with a whole bunch of carbon fiber. What was interesting though was the Corvette post on the GTPlanet site.
  • "Ground effects kit with carbon fiber rockers and front splitter"
What exactly is this "ground effects". I hope it isnt an over exaggerated word to describe body kits..
I was also wondering if we can modify the headlights, like the new Vette with yellow headlamps.
headlights.jpg

I was also wondering if we can modify the headlights, like the new Vette with yellow headlamps.View attachment 81493

I wish i could do that to my 2003 Ford Taurus... yellow film over the lights.. how frickin cool would that be!

The building does have a rather unfortunate form factor from that angle too it would seem...
to be honest, i dont think ive ever looked at it like that... all that time in F1 2012 and ive never noticed

Last edited by a moderator:
one car i just realized isnt in the game: the xfr-s.... would be great to battle an SRT8 against it

it look like a shaver tool(i don't know what is the name exactly in english) from the top but also look like...(you know it)

ZSXQsgg.png

its called a razor over here

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 81481
View attachment 81482

In image number 1 (yellow car) we see 'elf' logo stickers on both left and right side, as highlighted, some form up sticker on the front spoiler, highlighted, and a racing stripe down the bonnet, highlighted.

On image number 2 (greyish car) both elf stickers are not on the car, and can't see a sticker on the spoiler (although kinda bad angle). Also can't see evidence of a racing stripe, and clearly on the bonnet we now have a big "renault sport" badge, as well as a RM style number sticker slapped on the top.

Are these just differences between the 3 models of this car? Body kit wise they are identical, so I presumed it was the same car.

The yellow car is the real car, exactly as it is in reality.
car_photo_305316.jpg

The grey car appears to be the 'base' model which will look like the RMs from GT5 and you can change the colour.

So basically the 'base models' appear to be the same as the real world car but painted like an RM car, so we can change the colour. I imagine all the other 'base models' will be the same, looking like an RM, livery wise.

The R.S. Trophy is the road car version.

Large%20Image%20(optional).jpg

If only someone on this site had the opportunity to play the full game :P...Mr. Greer we are waiting for those impressions

Begs the question though. I wander which other press got to attend, or anyone else who remotely knows what they are talking about when it comes to racing sims. Kinda the frustrating thing sometimes with these press events, the vast majority don't comprehend the game beyond that of a racing game, which, for the most part, they just aren't very good at!

"Final trailer and feature list revealed" Is the hype over? Can we say goodbye to new engine sounds?
final.jpg

I would guess if at all, they will arrive in a patch down the road. I'm sure they wouldn't have waited beyond this point to give us confirmation of that.

You haven't seat in a real kart for a while eh?
I have actually. In real life, 32hp is not enough to get a kart to 125mph/200 km/h unless you are behind a car. 125 shifters are in the mid 40's or better for hp and they can hit 125mph given enough room.

B-spec which going to be available later in a update and they said "Look forward to the new, more powerful B Spec mode" so they didn't say whats new about it.
I particularly like the bit where they talk about it being a "popular feature". What is this even based on? Most people I talk to never use it, or think its not that great, not to mention, it doesn't excel due to the fact that the AI is pretty boring. PD are pretty darn expert at talking out their ****'s sometimes :sly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back