GT6 now £19.95

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alss
  • 14 comments
  • 1,063 views
Messages
269
England
England
Messages
Blue--08--
Just seen GT6 new for £19.95 in our local super store , thats a massive drop in price for a game thats only 3 months old, I was talking to a guy from game uk and he was saying sales have been very slow for GT this time round in his branch and its most likely the reason a lot of stores are cutting the prices to try and increase sales, he was told to drop the price down to £24.00 a couple of days ago by there sales department, if drive club takes off well I can see Sony dropping GT.
 
A case of big stores stocking in on equal levels as they did for previous GT's (they don't know what's going on with the game, just that it's a popular franchise), with the difference that this time a lot of people informed themselves after release and skipped it.

Now they have to get rid of their stock, but even for 20 bucks I wouldn't bother seeing the state the game is in...
 
I was going to say I wish I had waited instead of pre-ordering, but then I realised I wouldn't of been able to do the money glitch. GT6 would've been the most frustrating thing ever without that glitch.
 
I was going to say I wish I had waited instead of pre-ordering, but then I realised I wouldn't of been able to do the money glitch. GT6 would've been the most frustrating thing ever without that glitch.
Yeah i wonder how long it would take to get all the cars you want with just grinding.
Finishing the career mode 15 times? :D
 
Yeah i wonder how long it would take to get all the cars you want with just grinding.
Finishing the career mode 15 times? :D

:lol: Probably not far off lol. Thanks to the glitch I've done no grinding at all and my career is barely half done (just the cars and tracks that I like). I've still got a lot of cars to collect though, I limited myself during the glitch to cars over 500,000cr so I didn't get bored later on.
 
Yeah i wonder how long it would take to get all the cars you want with just grinding.
Finishing the career mode 15 times? :D
Imagine if they release GT7 and there is no money glitch and the career mode is even longer and more arduous? That alone would be a reason to skip the game:tup:
 
I was going to say I wish I had waited instead of pre-ordering, but then I realised I wouldn't of been able to do the money glitch. GT6 would've been the most frustrating thing ever without that glitch.

Imagine if they release GT7 and there is no money glitch and the career mode is even longer and more arduous? That alone would be a reason to skip the game:tup:

These two posts show everything that is wrong with your attitudes. With the money glitch you are just cheating yourself, and stealing income (rightly or wrongly) from PD and SONY. Earning the cars will always be better than having everything given to you on a plate. Do you expect your university to just give you a degree without earning it? Do you expect to have everything in life given to you for free without working or earning it?

And seriously Johnny, you think that more races and a longer career mode would put you off the next GT, you do know that most people would love more races and content but you in that post are saying that this would put you off. Wow, just wow.

You talk of grinding, how about you just drive and enjoy it, you know like the main reason GT exists, to drive.
 
These two posts show everything that is wrong with your attitudes. With the money glitch you are just cheating yourself, and stealing income (rightly or wrongly) from PD and SONY. Earning the cars will always be better than having everything given to you on a plate. Do you expect your university to just give you a degree without earning it? Do you expect to have everything in life given to you for free without working or earning it?

And seriously Johnny, you think that more races and a longer career mode would put you off the next GT, you do know that most people would love more races and content but you in that post are saying that this would put you off. Wow, just wow.

You talk of grinding, how about you just drive and enjoy it, you know like the main reason GT exists, to drive.
You answered your own question. "how about you just drive and enjoy it, you know like the main reason GT exists, to drive". That's why I used the money glitch, so I could have all the cars I wanted without having to go through the nail-through-my-eye boring career mode and still not end up with enough money to buy even one of the most expensive cars. So instead of quitting the game, I'm still playing, still driving, still enjoying it, and I will buy DLC when it comes out, just like I bought all the GT5 DLC after I did 2 different money glitches in that game:). So ask yourself, is it better to not glitch and give up the game because it's too boring and you can't earn enough money to get the cars you really want, or glitch and keep playing and buy DLC?
 
These two posts show everything that is wrong with your attitudes. With the money glitch you are just cheating yourself, and stealing income (rightly or wrongly) from PD and SONY. Earning the cars will always be better than having everything given to you on a plate. Do you expect your university to just give you a degree without earning it? Do you expect to have everything in life given to you for free without working or earning it?

And seriously Johnny, you think that more races and a longer career mode would put you off the next GT, you do know that most people would love more races and content but you in that post are saying that this would put you off. Wow, just wow.

You talk of grinding, how about you just drive and enjoy it, you know like the main reason GT exists, to drive.
Well to be fair, they did already have to grind through GT5 for the exact same cars bar some exceptions... You really expect them to play the career mode fifteen times or pay for microtransactions just so they can rebuy all of them?
 
I haven't ever been short on money so far.

I paid 60$ for an evolution of GT5, not the second coming of Jesus like half of GTP wanted it to be.
 
You answered your own question. "how about you just drive and enjoy it, you know like the main reason GT exists, to drive". That's why I used the money glitch, so I could have all the cars I wanted without having to go through the nail-through-my-eye boring career mode and still not end up with enough money to buy even one of the most expensive cars. So instead of quitting the game, I'm still playing, still driving, still enjoying it, and I will buy DLC when it comes out, just like I bought all the GT5 DLC after I did 2 different money glitches in that game:). So ask yourself, is it better to not glitch and give up the game because it's too boring and you can't earn enough money to get the cars you really want, or glitch and keep playing and buy DLC?

Well to be fair, they did already have to grind through GT5 for the exact same cars bar some exceptions... You really expect them to play the career mode fifteen times or pay for microtransactions just so they can rebuy all of them?


Fair enough, I think I just see things differently regarding the money glitch as I consider it cheating. Your enjoying the game your way and I my way.

But please don't think I like the micro transactions, I was very surprised that they were implemented and I would never purchase them myself. I can race for an hour or two and make millions that way so no need to money glitch or pay for credits in my book. But each to their own I suppose.
 
I haven't ever been short on money so far.

I paid 60$ for an evolution of GT5, not the second coming of Jesus like half of GTP wanted it to be.

What you want out of the game is not what everyone else wants out of the game. I've driven over 150 cars so far, some of them just a lap or two at the Nurburgring. I would never have been able to do that without the credit glitch. I don't have a ton of free time to be able to grind so I'd likely have put the game away by now if I was forced to run the same races over and over to accumulate money just to buy cars I enjoy and want to drive, which I kind of thought was the purpose of the game.

Fair enough, I think I just see things differently regarding the money glitch as I consider it cheating. Your enjoying the game your way and I my way.

But please don't think I like the micro transactions, I was very surprised that they were implemented and I would never purchase them myself. I can race for an hour or two and make millions that way so no need to money glitch or pay for credits in my book. But each to their own I suppose.
I could not have said it better myself.👍👍 I am all about options, and PD creating different ways for people to enjoy the game. Different career modes including online and offline, sandbox modes, traditional GT modes. The game needs to move forwards, and stubbornly sticking to way things were done 15 years ago isn't going to work with a lot of consumers.
 
What you want out of the game is not what everyone else wants out of the game. I've driven over 150 cars so far, some of them just a lap or two at the Nurburgring. I would never have been able to do that without the credit glitch. I don't have a ton of free time to be able to grind so I'd likely have put the game away by now if I was forced to run the same races over and over to accumulate money just to buy cars I enjoy and want to drive, which I kind of thought was the purpose of the game.
I've never resorted to grinding throughout my entire career. I have only about 54 cars so far including a few expensive options and wierdo machines.
 
These two posts show everything that is wrong with your attitudes. With the money glitch you are just cheating yourself, and stealing income (rightly or wrongly) from PD and SONY. Earning the cars will always be better than having everything given to you on a plate. Do you expect your university to just give you a degree without earning it? Do you expect to have everything in life given to you for free without working or earning it?

And seriously Johnny, you think that more races and a longer career mode would put you off the next GT, you do know that most people would love more races and content but you in that post are saying that this would put you off. Wow, just wow.

You talk of grinding, how about you just drive and enjoy it, you know like the main reason GT exists, to drive.

lol I'm not getting into a silly debate about this. @Johnnypenso your my favourite poster on GTP :cheers:
 
Back