GT6 Problems?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ERIC11940
  • 4 comments
  • 1,872 views
Messages
187
United States
New York
Messages
et11940
Messages
ect11940
I've been reading threads and posts from GT6 owners that their copies are having some problems, like updates, buttons, corrupted game files, etc.

But I just need to know is the percent of problems GT6 owners are having with that game, because my Mom Pre-Ordered Gran Turismo 6 on Amazon for Christmas, and I have a 80 GB PS3 Fat that can only play PS1 Games, and I'm worried I might bump into those problems myself when I get GT6 for Christmas tomorrow.
 
You may well run into trouble as, unless they've issued a fix that I am not aware of, the Fattys don't have the architecture to run the game like newer PS3s do which can result in them crashing regularly or not even loading the game up before crashing. There's a thread about this I posted in previously which has links to the PSN site about it:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/anybody-else.294586/#post-9118916

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it is a global problem and one which, as far as I can tell, Sony have chosen to ignore. Might be worth looking out for used newer PS3s for sale (given a fair number of people will be selling now they've got a PS4)
 
You may well run into trouble as, unless they've issued a fix that I am not aware of, the Fattys don't have the architecture to run the game like newer PS3s do which can result in them crashing regularly or not even loading the game up before crashing. There's a thread about this I posted in previously which has links to the PSN site about it:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/anybody-else.294586/#post-9118916

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it is a global problem and one which, as far as I can tell, Sony have chosen to ignore. Might be worth looking out for used newer PS3s for sale (given a fair number of people will be selling now they've got a PS4)

Just wanna let you know that my GT6 copy is working fine on my 80gb Fat PS3 so far. The download and install of the Update 1.02 was a success. Now I'm doing some gameplay after letting my PS3 cool down for a few hours.
 
Lol, I have the 80gb "Fat" PS3, and I've had it for a while now, going on 4-5ish years I believe. The thing is the game may push the PS3 to the max for some, but for mine, it seems to run quite fine. I don't abuse my PS3 as in I don't leave it overnight for days, or anything of the sort.

Clean out dust and you will be fine. This is sort of a hit or miss for PS3 owners, its a complicated piece of tech, it might either work or it won't.
 
Just wanna let you know that my GT6 copy is working fine on my 80gb Fat PS3 so far. The download and install of the Update 1.02 was a success. Now I'm doing some gameplay after letting my PS3 cool down for a few hours.

Glad to hear it worked for you and you are going to get to enjoy GT6. I guess it's one of those things where some will be lucky, like you and Andy, where it works and others, like the ones in the posts I listed, where it doesn't. It's still disappointing to see that Sony are, effectively, ignoring the issue. Anyway, hope you enjoy the game, it is good fun
 
Back