GT6/ PS Now

  • Thread starter Thread starter oik01
  • 16 comments
  • 7,615 views
Messages
160
So apparently there is a service coming to PS4 called PS Now that allows you to stream PS3 and PS4 video games on the PS4 just as you would a movie on Netflix. I was wondering if that would be a good portal to play GT6 on the PS4, and whether you guys think we might see this released soon.
 
GT6 is too new to be on PS Now can it?
 
there isnt much info about PSnow only that it is coming in a year or so to ps4
 
You'd want a racing game played over a streaming service?

You'd be better off playing it on PS3....
 
The Playstation TV is the same as a Vita. Does the Vita really have the horsepower to run GT6, even at 720P?
 
You'd want a racing game played over a streaming service?

You'd be better off playing it on PS3....
I thought that when they announced Street Fighter for the service. 2D fighting games are a bold choice to start with when it goes live. They must be somewhat confident.

The Playstation TV is the same as a Vita. Does the Vita really have the horsepower to run GT6, even at 720P?
It would be streaming it. PS TV runs PS4 games streaming from your PS4 console via remote play. PS Now is like long distance remote play. I think technically PS3 could play PS4 games over PS Now if they wanted.
 
Last edited:
The Playstation TV is the same as a Vita. Does the Vita really have the horsepower to run GT6, even at 720P?
You're mentioning this.

vitatv.jpg


The topic is about this.

xl_Sony-PS-Now-2-624.jpg
 
So what's the point on that? You possibly don't think the game is going to automatically look or play better, right? It is a huge waste of resources and time if you have a perfectly working PS3.
 
I thought that when they announced Street Fighter for the service. 2D fighting games are a bold choice to start with when it goes live. They must be somewhat confident.
I don't know if SFIV runs at 1080p/60fps-ish.. but GT6 does.. sort of... at times. Any latency, which is going to be present on a streaming service, where inputs are happening in a game where speeds are 100+mph is going to be detrimental.
 
I don't know if SFIV runs at 1080p/60fps-ish.. but GT6 does.. sort of... at times. Any latency, which is going to be present on a streaming service, where inputs are happening in a game where speeds are 100+mph is going to be detrimental.
I've used the service a bit already. I'm just thinking with Street Fighter those pro players count the frames of the game to know when to counter specific moves. Very fast and timing based. Can't imagine that going as well as even GT6 would. Just thinking they must be confident with the amount of lag if they are launching open beta with that.
 
It's a shame they still haven't announced hardware emulation of PS1 and PS2 games. The hardware is obviously capable.
 
It's a shame they still haven't announced hardware emulation of PS1 and PS2 games. The hardware is obviously capable.
Smart phone emulators can run PS1 with low speed dual-cores, and a decent gaming quad-core can run PS2 emulators at 60FPS, so there's no reason we couldn't get the classic titles on PSN carried over from PS3 to PS4. This ticked me off a bit when I got my PS4 that nothing was playable from my entire collection. All that power and no old games to abuse it on.
 
So what's the point on that? You possibly don't think the game is going to automatically look or play better, right? It is a huge waste of resources and time if you have a perfectly working PS3.
I don't. Thats the point. Im moving and leaving my ps3 behind. So the question is whether I should get another ps3 or a ps4.
 
Back