GT6 PS3 Crash.

• Thread starter Sracer179
  • 8 comments

Sracer179

(Banned)
United States
United States
MCR-xStef
I got gran turismo 6 since December 25th 2013, and never had any problems until the recent 1.06 update. Since then whenever I play gt6 after 30 minutes or so my ps3 randomly shuts off leaving a blinking red light. I thought the system may be overheating but when I tried playing other games (such as GTA 5, etc.) I was able to play for hours without the ps3 shutting off so I doubt that was the problem. Has anyone had this same problem and found a way to fix it? I really don't want to have to get another PS3 as this was the last PS3 game i had bought and will have for

Last edited:
I have this problem. Tried reinstalling everything, rested to hard drive. Still no better and all my other games are fine gt5 gta5 cod ssx but I dont want to play them.

Your laser might be on its way out. I had the same exact problem that persisted for a month or two, also only happened with GT6, until my PS3 stopped playing blu-rays entirely.

Gt6 turns off my old 80 gb 2009 model ps3. Red light flashes after turns off.gt6 makes rhis. How can i solve this problem?

Gt6 turns off my old 80 gb 2009 model ps3. Red light flashes after turns off.gt6 makes rhis. How can i solve this problem?
I think it may be old firmware to new firmware that might be the reason or most likely your PS3 may be over heating.

It's your PS3
I had this problem as well, could play GTA5, Crisis, Dark Souls 2 for hours and no issue, start up GT6 and beep beep beep.
Then I resorted to GT5 and after a while it did the same thing, just these two games. Guess PD are really working these PS3s hard.
Anyways, got me a super slim and no issues. This was after I redownload (PSN) version 3 times, tried new hard drive, I even picked it down, cleaned it, applied new thermal paste.

If you do the new ps3 route don't try data transfer, that takes forever, I had to cancel it after I went to sleep with it at 64% with 3 hours and some odd minutes to wake up 4 hours later and find it at 67% with 5 hours and change.

ok looks like I found a fix :) just simply delete every video replay from gallery ( you can export any that you wish to keep ) it even seems to fix online connection problems :D
edit : been 2 days still had no crashes and everything seems to be working perfect

Last edited:
Back