GT6 Replay: Export to PS3 System

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZeLemon
  • 20 comments
  • 9,269 views
Messages
50
Messages
xAbsoluteLemonx
So I saved one of my best lap times on Mt Panorama and went back to view it only to notice there's an option saying "Export to PS3 System?", what do you guys think it could be for? As it is only replay data that gets exported.
 
You didn't try it? Is it deactivated (grayed out) maybe? Haven't noticed it myself.
 
It's for sharing replays with others, who can then import them into their PS3/GT6 and watch them. Other GT's have had this feature as well.
 
It's also a good way of backing up any replay data that would be otherwise lost should your game data get corrupted.
 
I exported a replay file to the PS3 and copied it from there to one of my other accounts. I was not able however, to have this replay show up in the other account's replay list (like it does in GT5). Is this feature not available (yet), or am I doing something wrong?
 
I exported a replay file to the PS3 and copied it from there to one of my other accounts. I was not able however, to have this replay show up in the other account's replay list (like it does in GT5). Is this feature not available (yet), or am I doing something wrong?

You have to click somewhere "Import replays" in Replay Library.
 
You have to click somewhere "Import replays" in Replay Library.
Ok, thanks. I must have missed that button somehow. Will give it a try later today.
 
I'm almost finished GT6 and I've been saving replays like a mad man since I started. Now I find out that there is a limit on the number, 120 it seems. I've lost ten days of them. Maybe this has come up before but I couldn't find it. I was saving everything for my new capture system but lost a lot of the early ones. Is the 120 confirmed anywhere or could this be a glitch? I tried the file salvage thing but no luck.
 
So I saved one of my best lap times on Mt Panorama and went back to view it only to notice there's an option saying "Export to PS3 System?", what do you guys think it could be for? As it is only replay data that gets exported.

As others pointed out, it's file that can only be imported/viewed in GT6. Some online league I used to race in uses this as a method to verify your submitted time.
 
I just wish you could export it to the XMB as a video file.
 
I can wait.
Yeah but Sony or PD must think it would blow up the PS3 or something... because they probably could make that an option. You're better off getting some sort of capture device, like a video capture card for your PC.
 
I just wish you could export it to the XMB as a video file.

There's too many variables in the replay - on-screen data, camera angle, which car is being followed… All of it is based on in-game GPS (XYZ planes, pitch, roll, yaw, etc.) instructions. So you'd have to determine exactly (*edit) what "path" (camera changes, etc.) gets exported, which is no easy task.


It'd be like PD creating an extreme semi-live video editing suite...
 
In the back of the game's case it states, "gameplay recording and upload." I've always wondered what exactly that meant. I guess it's just exporting replay files.
 
I just wish you could export it to the XMB as a video file.
I can wait.


FM4 has such an option for 10-15 seconds of video. It took about half an hour to make It :D

Since both machines (x/PS3) are there there in power , it would took PS3 about half a day to render 5 minutes replay.

Are you positive you have time to wait ? :D
 
There's too many variables in the replay - on-screen data, camera angle, which car is being followed… All of it is based on in-game GPS (XYZ planes, pitch, roll, yaw, etc.) instructions. So you'd have to determine exactly (*edit) what "path" (camera changes, etc.) gets exported, which is no easy task.


It'd be like PD creating an extreme semi-live video editing suite...

No need for that many variables, just let us choose betweed default, the one that was in GT5 or GT4 I forgot, where the camera follows important events such as a car passing other car, with graphical effects, or customised, which we can choose which car to follow and which camera angle. that's enough I think.

Usually people on youtube upload only their cockpit cam or hood cam anyways.
 
I did this in gt and the replay was in this weird format. .Rply i think
 
can any one tell me if theirs still away to compare data from replays as in GT5...?
 
In the back of the game's case it states, "gameplay recording and upload." I've always wondered what exactly that meant. I guess it's just exporting replay files.
Where does it say that?

Whoa it does say that... wth?
20140328_220100.jpg

I think this is the first time I've actually looked at the back of the box. Interesting :odd:

*Edit: also there is NOTHING on this box stating that those features "will be avaialable in a future update". If I had bought this in the store I would think that I am getting those things upon install. Man would I be pissed to find out they aren't actually available. Then I'd be even more PO'd when I found out online there isn't even any news of when or IF they are coming.
 
Last edited:
Back