GT6 Should have dedicated servers.

ELITE_CHICOMALO
Is it possible for GT6 to have dedicated servers for online play?
GT5 has a terrible Online experience.

To me it would have many benefits like Preset rooms by PD with different restrictions. Like some sort of Online Seasonal Events and better connectivity.

Last edited:
My connection is good and perfect for the rest of my games. Many players experience connectivity issues in GT5.

GT5 servers are a thing from the past.

GT5 works as P2P if i am not mistaken. That´s why it works wrong most of the time and cars behaves weird if you take a look close to the races, i mean the cars itself. Also the collision works bad too if someone is lagging.

If GT had dedicated servers it will be tons better for everybody. Less lag for people that live in the same area. Collision will work properly or at least more realistic because you are going to receive the same data as the other guy in most of the cases...etc.

You can lag too if your network is bad of course but it is going to be less dramatic as it is now.

I played other games with dedicated servers and races are much better. At least you can see the cars behaving normally not moving around the track or being ghosts all the time because they hit you.

Totally agree with this thread. Even though my online works fine, the cars do look a little strange when approaching corners etc.

Agree 100% with this thread.

To me it gets down to GT6 needing to be either an "online" or "offline" game. Given most have finished the "offline" component, it leaves us with the very glitchy and unpredictable network which, to say is frustrating would be an understatement !

Running different racing leagues here in Australia it gets so frustrating when you lose a third of the field to disconnections.

As others have said, i have a good connection, and some weeks there are no problems, next week with the same guys in the room there are all sorts of issues.

Dedicated servers are a must in my opinion, and an ability to run with up to 20 car grids would be fantastic.

I'd imagine that with dedicated servers, GT6's online should be able to handle the "offline physics," should they have to differentiate the physics again if the servers aren't good enough.

What are dedicated servers?
With P2P servers, like GT5 has, the game is hosted on the same system that the game host is playing the game on; and the action is kept track of entirely by the systems involved shooting information to each other.

With dedicated servers, a system completely detached from the group of people playing the game keeps track of all of the game events and acts as a centralized hub for the event/race/round/match.

The advantages to this system are that the host's personal internet speed doesn't have much of a factor on the quality of the room, and one person with slow internet won't drag down the entire room because (and this is a major simplification but should help explain it) in a P2P room everyone's online game quality is limited to that of the player with the worst connection.

Last edited:
Toronado
With P2P servers, like GT5 has, the game is hosted on the same system that the game host is playing the game on; and the action is kept track of entirely by the systems involved shooting information to each other.

With dedicated servers, a system completely detached from the group of people playing the game keeps track of all of the game events and acts as a centralized hub for the event/race/round/match.

The advantages to this system are that the host's personal internet speed doesn't have much of a factor on the quality of the room, and one person with slow internet won't drag down the entire room because (and this is a major simplification but should help explain it) in a P2P room everyone's online game quality is limited to that of the player with the worst connection.

Thanks

If we DO see dedicated servers for PS games (in general), say goodbye to free online gaming on the PS3. It costs of money to keep those servers maintained, money of which, that doesn't come out of thin air.

A word of the wise; choose your online friends wisely, stick to those who you know that have solid connections, stay out of public rooms. A little knowledge and practice is all it take so have a good online experience.

Glitch free online, since Prologue!

Back