GT6 Strato Mod (version 1.1)

• Thread starter emivebe
  • 64 comments
Brazil
Brazil
emivebe
GT6 Strato is a mod for Gran Turismo 6, built on top of Spec II Mod, which aims to intensify the game with inspiration from hardcore simulators.

Features:
  • Almost all content already featured in Spec II Mod b7.
  • Customization of ALL class career events (except Special Events).
  • Addition of new events.
  • Real and classic endurance races from the series.
  • Fixing sounds of most cars as possible.
  • Sound variation for exhaust levels.
  • More skillful and aggressive AI.
  • AI cars with visual tuning and setup adjustments.
  • All cars are in dealerships.
  • Cars that cost more than Cr. 1 Million are in Arcade Mode.
  • Circuit times and weather have been corrected.
  • Fixed for some of the seasonals that were present in Spec II and didn't start.
  • Field of view fix (optional, read the log notes).
  • A lot more!
Endurance Events (Super)
Classic License Tests 2.png

Nascar Events
VGT Dealership

GT-R Maestros (One Make Race)
Wheels Manufacturers (GT Auto)

FOV Honda Fit RS '10.jpg
FOV Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Race Car '69.png

Expert Events.png
Professional Events.png

The mod is still in progress, so some of the features above are already advanced, others aren't, but are in the mod's plans for the next updates.

If you are installing for the first time, don't forget to read the INSTALLATION file.
Read the LOG notes to find out what's new.

Download, screenshots, logs:

Last edited:
When you say "customization of most original events" what exactly do you mean?

When you say "customization of most original events" what exactly do you mean?
The custom event contains:
Fuel consumption.
Tire wear.
Real vacuum cone.
Mechanical damage.
Real grip on the outer parts of the track (zebras, green areas, sand, grass, water).
Real grip in wear levels.
Level 1 and level 2 penalties.
More aggressive and skillful AI.
Customized grid with 16 cars.
Revised event regulations.

I've decided to try this out, got it copying over to PS3 right now. Will let you know my thoughts and report any bugs. 👍

This looks interesting. I'd love to try it out but sadly I don't have the native hardware, and the specific GT6 version this mod probably requires (Since this is a mod of Spec II) doesn't really run well on RPCS3 at this point.

This looks interesting. I'd love to try it out but sadly I don't have the native hardware, and the specific GT6 version this mod probably requires (Since this is a mod of Spec II) doesn't really run well on RPCS3 at this point.
Yes, it requires a PS3 modded console with GT6 updated to the latest version 1.22. In RPCS3 the GT6 runs well in versions 1.00 and 1.05, if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, it requires a PS3 modded console with GT6 updated to the latest version 1.22. In RPCS3 the GT6 runs well in versions 1.00 and 1.05, if I'm not mistaken.
You are not mistaken, its very, very glitchey above 1.05 as at this time.

Last edited:
I'm not sure yet. Do you have any suggestions?
I was thinking of the championships at the end of each group. It would help set them apart from the rest of the races in the group, IMO.

On the topic of race starts, some of the races in National B still use the rolling start spacing from the base game when those races had only 6 cars total. I think it might be better if the cars could start closer together in those races (compare 400PP Clubman Cup Rome with 500PP Clubman Cup Rome in National A)

Last edited:
I was thinking of the championships at the end of each group. It would help set them apart from the rest of the races in the group, IMO.

On the topic of race starts, some of the races in National B still use the rolling start spacing from the base game when those races had only 6 cars total. I think it might be better if the cars could start closer together in those races (compare 400PP Clubman Cup Rome with 500PP Clubman Cup Rome in National A)
I'm working on it! Thanks for the suggestion.
can i install this mod over Customization mod and performance mod or do i need to delete those?
I've never tested it to see if it works.

I'm working on it! Thanks for the suggestion.

I've never tested it to see if it works.
okay i tried it and it can be installed on top but it erases the other 2 mods.
maybe put that in the Description that it doesent break the game if you install it over performance and customization mod

Last edited:
okay i tried it and it can be installed on top but it erases the other 2 mods.
maybe put that in the Description that it doesent break the game if you install it over performance and customization mod
Off-topic question: Where can be the performance and customization mod be found?

Now back to the Topic: I installed the Strato Mod and I am impressed. It works very stable and is a lot of fun. Many thanks for this quality mod. I have set the AI on all difficultit’s on 100 and it is really challenging beating the AI without any assists.
One thing I wish is to see in future is to have 16-cars races in all Arcade difficulty levels.

Last edited:
Off-topic question: Where can be the performance and customization mod be found?

Now back to the Topic: I installed the Strato Mod and I am impressed. It works very stable and is a lot of fun. Many thanks for this quality mod. I have set the AI on all difficultit’s on 100 and it is really challenging beating the AI without any assists.
One thing I wish is to see in future is to have 16-cars races in all Arcade difficulty levels.
you can find the other mods on the gran turismo modding discord

Hi, i have been playing this mod since November and I want to say thank you so much for making me get back to gt6, now the ai can make races interesting! The only suggestion I have is, do you plan on adding more races on circuit de la sierra? I think that is a track with a lot of potential for endurance races.

Just downloaded and played through most of the novice and half of the b class races. I mainly downloaded to see how much better the AI are in career mode races. Im happy to say that they are indeed very much better.

My only complaint is that I don't necessarily agree with making all of the races 16 car races. I feel that especially at the lower end, the car counts don't need to be changed and that the better AI would shine through if the car counts for races remained the same.

I've been playing the Spec II mod for a while and have quite the saved game.

If I install this Mod over the top, is it going to wreck my save?

Got the mod working. Super great. The fuel, tire wear, and penalties make a big difference. 16 car grid starts feels a bit much for some races tbh. It definitely impacts frame rate at the beginning of a race.

16 car grid starts also makes some races, like anything on Bathurst, a real nightmare.

But hey, it's fun!

I've been playing the Spec II mod for a while and have quite the saved game.

If I install this Mod over the top, is it going to wreck my save?
No, it will not affect your save. In fact, the Strato Mod is made on top of the Spec II, which is how it is installed.
Got the mod working. Super great. The fuel, tire wear, and penalties make a big difference. 16 car grid starts feels a bit much for some races tbh. It definitely impacts frame rate at the beginning of a race.

16 car grid starts also makes some races, like anything on Bathurst, a real nightmare.

But hey, it's fun!
In the next updates, I will correct some events that have 16 cars on the grid, reducing the number, your request was not the only one. :D
In fact, update 1.0 is released.

I'm not sure how many events you've made grid start, but it might make sense to have some of the low-lap events rolling start. You may have done this, I just haven't looked at the older events.

Just an idea, completely crazy. But if you could do it, it would be amazing. Adding in Qualifying so you can get pole position. Used to be in GT4 I think, and it's silly to not be present. Of course, I understand the game engine might be the limiting factor here.

Last edited:
Hello, been following along with this for a little while - very interesting and impressive stuff! About to have a go of the v1.0 update - is it safe for me to install it over the top of my existing installation of the previous version of Strato? Or should I go back to stock -> install Spec II again -> install the latest version of Strato on top of that?

Back