GT6 Track Illustrations

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTP_CargoRatt
  • 20 comments
  • 1,684 views
Messages
11,207
United States
Adrian, Mich.
Messages
cargorat323
Messages
CargoRatt
I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good place to find good quality track illustrations for all the tracks, and their variations in GT6. The illustrations should have all the named corners where applicable. I guess kind of an illustrated track guide sort of thing would be helpful as well. I tried Google, but it was really hit or miss as fvar as the tracks go. Appreciate any help.
 
I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good place to find good quality track illustrations for all the tracks, and their variations in GT6. The illustrations should have all the named corners where applicable. I guess kind of an illustrated track guide sort of thing would be helpful as well. I tried Google, but it was really hit or miss as fvar as the tracks go. Appreciate any help.
This site makes a guide for sale, please do look into it.
 
Ahh yes! The free track directory sample you can get from GTPEDIA! It doesn't have corner names though, but I doubt any of the Grantursmo tracks have corner names anyway, and just search Wikipedia for realworld track corner names.
 
I used many track maps for DeadNutsEven Racing and found them all on Google. " _________ track map" worked for me every time
 
Alright, thanks for the tips guys. As far as the free track directory sample, I couldn't find it. I followed a few links but they didn't take me to any free sample so if anyone has a link, that would be great. As much as I love and support this site, I simply don't feel like buying the book just for the tracks.
 
They have appeared to have replaced the track directory with a sample chapter...
 
I just trawl the www for them.
Have quite a nice little library of them now after a few years.
e-Tracks has a pretty extensive list.

Screen.jpg
 
Last edited:
I always hanker after corner names -

Part of me would like a Map to be plopped up for a seasonal... and all the low Blood pH drivers would be able to explain their own corner nick names. - Like The Fuji FT1 seasonal with the GT300 driver explaining lines.

You do a sweet job JogoAsobi
 
@JogoAsobi Thank you for the link, looks very promising. 👍

@nowcontrol Thank you as well, very interesting picture, might be something I can use for a design project....very cool.
 
Only problem with etracks is that the site hasn't been updated in nearly 5 years.
 
No problems guys. Was just confused. 👍

Only problem with etracks is that the site hasn't been updated in nearly 5 years.

That I didn't know. That's a shame, but luckily tracks haven't changed all that much I guess?
 
Ryk
I always hanker after corner names -Part of me would like a Map to be plopped up for a seasonal... and all the low Blood pH drivers would be able to explain their own corner nick names. - Like The Fuji FT1 seasonal with the GT300 driver explaining lines.

You do a sweet job JogoAsobi

Thanks much. :cheers:

That I didn't know. That's a shame, but luckily tracks haven't changed all that much I guess?

Actually quite a few have, in addition to course layout changes...
...some of the corner names change because of sponsoring or other reasons.


Panoroma 1.jpg



Panoroma 2.jpg


Topographical maps are always interesting to put things into perspective.
Source: Australian Skateboard Association. :lol:

PanoromaTopo 1.jpg


Forgot to mention:
Sometimes a good source for track maps is wikipedia page for a particular course.
Another source to use is an actual track's official web page, they often have maps.
 
Last edited:
http://www.trilon.com/bapom/maps.htm

These were for Grand Prix Legends - But they were all the same format -

http://www.trilon.com/bapom/maps/map-willow.pdf

for example... bit hit and miss as they were mostly player made tracks for GPL which only had 11 tracks (Big Boy Spa - Lumpy Nurburgring- ) Just hope the track builder will let us build a ...
Solitude http://www.trilon.com/bapom/maps/map-solitude.pdf or a
Targa Florio http://www.trilon.com/bapom/maps/map-targa.pdf

Corner names add character - Oulton Park's "Knickerbrook" - for example...

All these "Turn 1" tracks are a bit sterile at times.
 
Back