GT6 unbiased thoughts and opinions

IROC89CAMARO
IROC89CAMARO
I just caved in after all these years and bought my first ps3, i have been a Forza guy this whole gen. I haven't played GT since 4 but have played through gt2 again just last year and i had a blast .

I skipped GT5 and lurked this forum for years wanting to dive into What i think is going to be the best car game i ever played. I first started GT when i was 13 and got GT2 for Christmas not being a car guy att this game paved the way to my passion for cars. Now i'm back and just bought GT6 on psn store and i can't wait to dive into this, oh and i like the DS3 way better then the 360 controller, it just gives me that ps1 feeling again and the feel is better imo.

Now while this game is Downloading :) i have read alot of these threads saying engine sounds are bad, ai bad, frame rate drops, standard cars don't look good. ect And i will say i played GT2 again right after playing Forza4 and i had more fun with GT2 being the most nostalgic feeling i ever had.

Now before you think i'm new to this whole sim racing thing take a look at my mods, I ported most of my favorite cars from Forza 4 to GTL pc game http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=317343

So my point is i skipped GT5 which a lot of you burned yourself out on, and i'm going in with a clear mind to GT6 and i feel excited! I don't have to work tomorrow so i will probably stay up all night drink a few beers playing GT6 hearing that cool jaz music buying all my faviorte muscle cars admiring Pds hard work.

Welcome. Enjoy GT life.

I think you'll find the lack of car customisation frustrating after FM4. But then GT is a different game to Forza.

Either way, enjoy!

Welcome Mate. Enjoy GT6, I am also a Forza fan but love both Forza and GT for different reasons. I love GT6 and I am excited to play it every time.

Got it downloaded last night took 5 hours 15gb Got in the game downloaded all the updates and all that jaz, Got done with all the Honda races, and Bought a 97 Z28 did some races didn't like the traction physics and then realized the game defaults Traction control to 5 every time you buy a new car lol... Fixed that and i have to say the physics in GT6 are more realistic then Forza 4 imo, the whole feeling of snap oversteer with stock 230-300hp cars is something Forza 4 lacked comparing no assist game play. The cars in GT6 have more of a realistic look to them from the out side and in replays, and the tracks look fantastic with day and night lights ect but, it's a newer game and i love both games for what they are, no biased they both have there good and bad.

I have been playing non stop today just got done with a 12 hour stint lol, i haven't played a game that long in a long time! I really like the pacing it makes you work for your cars, upgrades and it is a grind, and it just so happens i was in the mood for one. The Ai for me atleast is tough with a ds3 controller no aids, no racing line ect nothing... and stock Camaros with no upgrades on street tires in 500pp races is crazy fun with a few beers with a friend.

I went into this game thinking the sounds would be really bad but tbh the Camaros all stock sound pretty damn accurate it's just the upshift and down shift sound a bit digital like a sound wave starting over, instead of a smooth fluid transition but not near as bad as people make it, at least for the 3 Camaros i have bought so far sound good stock. Now when i threw in a dog gear transmission it turned into less grunt and more whine-swirl-sucking sound which i could no longer hear that pretty damn good LT1 5.7L sounds but i'm sure pd will figure out the problem soon, if not it's not going to ruin my night. I played a lot of split screen and it was so fun drag racing/Track ran good, looked great that day and night is really nice to see coming from forza4 then to this is a god send.

I didn't like the stock control scheme but thankfully pd let you bind any action to pretty much any button, i use the triggers for gas and brake and O and square for upshift down shift, and i'm right at home aka Forza style but without the clutch control sadly. A really nice feature with the DS3 is the pressure sensitive buttons the 360 controller doesn't have for some reason but isn't something that really works good for racing game tbh imo.

All in all GT6 has exceeded my expectations this is a fantastic racing game with flaws just like Forza but that's why everyone should enjoy both games because their both have different visions, strengths and weaknesses. Competition is so good to have, it pushes games to be better.

GT6 pros
1.Hands down the most realistic physics on consoles comparing my Camaros to this game.

2.Best smoke i have ever seen in a sim really this is beyond my comprehension how pd pulled that off.

3.Car list covers everything and gives history of all cars, nice little touche and always loved that about GT.

4.Track list is mind blowing Finally i get to drive on a realistic Nurbugring! GT has the best fictional tracks in any racing game.

5.Replays are stunning to watch and actually save, something i never did on Forza.

GT6 cons/ nitpicks
1.sounds could be more consistent, transmission whine shouldn't override the v8 grunt and mixing issues on shifts.

2.The cockpit view for standards looks bad, is bad and shouldn't even be there i understand why every car isn't premium. I don't care for cockpit view when really racing on consoles for the simple fact that their is no fov front,back,left,right and it obscures my vision and sense of speed so i don't even use it for the most part, but a pitch black outline is killing my vibe when i see it, it's on par with the crab hands in Forza.

3.The music is nowhere near as good as i was hoping, i'm still trying to let it grow on me though. GT2 soundtrack is what i play in the background mixed with GT4s, if it just so happens not to work out.

4.To many popups at the beginning, i know it's for the new cats in town but back when i first played GT2 i was thrown into the fire with 700 cars to play with, and everything was a learning experience and if you couldn't comprehend it you were left behind.

5.No Clutch on the DS3 That is something that i miss most from Forza 3,4.

I'm sorry for slight offtopic,but what are these crab hands you speak off in Forza?

Don't forget to enable 'simulation' setting for the wheel, in the options and also disable all driving aids in other option menus (skid recovery or smth like that).

I'm sorry for slight offtopic,but what are these crab hands you speak off in Forza?
There was a Thread posted on FM.net years ago about Forza 3 that the hands gripped the steering wheel like Lobster claws, i got it mixed up with crab but still the same, It never bothered me until i read that and it stuck and carried over to Forza 4. Not a hard knock on the game it's just one of those things where Turn 10 should have deleted those hands altogether imo.

YZF
Don't forget to enable 'simulation' setting for the wheel, in the options and also disable all driving aids in other option menus (skid recovery or smth like that).
Oh yeah, i had a porshe 911 fanatec but the ff stopped working, motor burned up warranty run up and the wheel just so happened to break. So i'm waiting a while before i buy another wheel that is compatible with ps4 and pc. I don't think i'm buying an xbone this time around. And yes

Back