GT6 Unplayable?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by Bluefever, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Bluefever

Bluefever

I just recently bought Gran Turismo 6 for my PS3. I cannot get the game itself to work. When I do let the game update, the closest it will get is installing updates, 8 minutes remaining. I tried deleting it re-trying with internet disabled so that it wouldn't update, it keeps saying unable to upload trophies and has to quit. Is there anyway to get by these errors?

2. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

So you downloaded all the updates, and when you try to install them, it stays at 8 minutes remaining is that right ?.

3. Bluefever

Bluefever

Yes, it eventually goes to that and won't go any further. I've left it running for hours and it wont go any further.

4. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

I had something like that last year and by the way, do you have the Disc version.

5. Bluefever

Bluefever

Yes

How did you get around it?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2018
  6. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

First I deleted all the updates again, then I re-downloaded the first 6 updates and as the 7th update started, I press O button on the DS3 control to stop the updates, then I disable the internet. Then I started GT6 and let the game install the updates, once it has finished go out of the game, re-connect to the internet and start the game and then do the next 6 updates and I press O button once the 7th update start then on the DS3 to stop the updates. Keep doing this on what I have said on every 6th update.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  7. Nismonath5

Nismonath5 Premium

As @fordlaser said, it's not advised to download all the updates in one huge session. Download a few, then wait a day, then download another couple... repeat until up to date. :D

8. GTV0819

GTV0819

Sounds like it's a connection problem.

9. Leo Thorne

Leo Thorne

I wonder if it has something to do with the servers being shut down...

10. Nismonath5

Nismonath5 Premium

Nope, it's always been the case. I had to do it when I got GT6 about two years ago.

11. Haitauer

Haitauer

Just did the install my self. The long way. Delete game, install, push triangle on menu "check for updates", After each update has installed you cancel the next download, turn off internet connection from the menu, start the game, do manual save, close game, turn on internet... Repeat.

Takes few hours, but should work.