GT6 Unplayable?

• Thread starter Bluefever
  • 10 comments
United States
United States
I just recently bought Gran Turismo 6 for my PS3. I cannot get the game itself to work. When I do let the game update, the closest it will get is installing updates, 8 minutes remaining. I tried deleting it re-trying with internet disabled so that it wouldn't update, it keeps saying unable to upload trophies and has to quit. Is there anyway to get by these errors?

I just recently bought Gran Turismo 6 for my PS3. I cannot get the game itself to work. When I do let the game update, the closest it will get is installing updates, 8 minutes remaining. I tried deleting it re-trying with internet disabled so that it wouldn't update, it keeps saying unable to upload trophies and has to quit. Is there anyway to get by these errors?
So you downloaded all the updates, and when you try to install them, it stays at 8 minutes remaining is that right ?.

How did you get around it?
First I deleted all the updates again, then I re-downloaded the first 6 updates and as the 7th update started, I press O button on the DS3 control to stop the updates, then I disable the internet. Then I started GT6 and let the game install the updates, once it has finished go out of the game, re-connect to the internet and start the game and then do the next 6 updates and I press O button once the 7th update start then on the DS3 to stop the updates. Keep doing this on what I have said on every 6th update.

Last edited:
Just did the install my self. The long way. Delete game, install, push triangle on menu "check for updates", After each update has installed you cancel the next download, turn off internet connection from the menu, start the game, do manual save, close game, turn on internet... Repeat.

Takes few hours, but should work.

Latest Posts

Back