GT6 Update from scratch

France
France
geronimonimo
Hi guys!

I know this subject has been talked about for quite some time now but I'm still stuck with updating the whole game, which will stop working whenever you come up to the 1.11 update. I've given up on GT6 ever after trying everything suggested at the time (including deleting the game files which literally took me a effing WEEK!!! to redownload. also meaning I have very little chance of checking where the downloads are up to).
I've recently seen that you should download and install every updates individually but since that includes starting the game with a game save from a later version, does that mean I will lose all my current progress? If so should I back it up outside of the PS3 or idk what should I do?

Thanks in advance!

Also, I'd like to apologize in advance for the lack of curiosity I had back then to even look at the setups and how the game and my PS3. This would have made things perhaps easier when it all happened. Now the issue is I've only just unpacked my PS3 again so getting familiar with the setups might take some time too. I would appreciate you explaining to me some of the, perhaps, more specific steps in order to seamlessly recover the game with its saves.

Again, thanks in advance!

Is it possible to download on my laptop the whole game with updates up to v1.22 already installed in the file? If so is there anywhere I can download it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it possible to download on my laptop the whole game with updates up to v1.22 already installed in the file? If so is there anywhere I can download it?
No.
I've recently seen that you should download and install every updates individually
Yes.
If so should I back it up outside of the PS3
Yes.
“Double posting” occurs when a user makes two consecutive posts, one after another. If this is done for no apparent reason, “double posting” is typically frowned upon and may result in a warning or infraction for “spam”.
This.

oh soz about the last point... I'm kinda desperate at this point since I can't afford to sit next to my PS3 for a week so I'm just trying to brainstorm alternatives...

what if i delete all GT6 files while just keeping a save of my latest save as a back up on a USB, would it work to download all every updates while I'm away and then return to install them?

download all every updates while I'm away
No. You have to download and install each update individually.

1 Back up your existing game save to a USB.
2 Delete everything GT6-related off your PS3.
3 Download one update.
4 Install that update.
5 Start the game.
6 Save the game.
7 Download the next update.
8 Install that update.
9 Start the game.
10 Save the game.
11 Repeat steps 7-11 until you have all of the updates
12 Delete the game save on the PS3
13 Restore your game save from USB to PS3

Back